Scripture about zombies ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

simplyme_bekah

Jeremiah 19: 8-9
And I will make this city desolate, and an hissing; every one that passeth thereby shall be astonished and hiss because of all the plagues thereof. 9.And I will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their daughters, and they shall eat every one the flesh of his friend in the siege and straitness, wherewith their enemies, and they that seek their lives, shall straiten them. so....zombies are going to be real?

Mar 1, 2012
Well it has already started hasn't it? It has happened in America and in Russia. I don't know where else it has happened.

Is that saying that you should allow a load of zombies to eat your flesh without attempting to defend yourself?

If it was me, I'd become a survivalist. Defend me and my friends. Search for survivors. I would not allow zombies to eat me or my friends. Although, I would risk getting ate to save my friends.

W

wwjd_kilden

I suspect it is a reference to something going on at biblical times? Some of the nations sacrificed their babies or young children to their gods (Hence "you shall lot let your children pass through the fire")

O

OFM

And I will make this city desolate, and an hissing; every one that passeth thereby shall be astonished and hiss because of all the plagues thereof. 9.And I will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their daughters, and they shall eat every one the flesh of his friend in the siege and straitness, wherewith their enemies, and they that seek their lives, shall straiten them. so....zombies are going to be real?
i really do hope and really do pray that they are not at all real.

S

simplyme_bekah

There has been stuff in the news over people starting to eat other people or bite them. prolly all the hype of the zombie movies. I was telling my man yesterday that God would never allow such a thing to happen and then we came upon those verses which leads one to ponder.

W

wwjd_kilden

God allows many things to happen, we have free will, and thus we sin.

Remember that to God ANY sin = death penalty, so he doesn't say "this sin is this bad and that sin is this bad". (Apart from blasphemy against the holy spirit, which is unforgivable).

So, to God, I doubt eating flesh of others is worse than the other sins that we see as "Normal" (lies, lust, envy etc)

S

simplyme_bekah

very true. I went into the grocery store and seen stuff in the rags about the end of times being here. I really truly hope so. Man alive wouldn't that just be so totally awesome to be present to see our Lord come back? hehehe I get so excited about it. I know I am his and that he will see me through everything including zombies haha if that were to happen.

U

Ugly

Actually, it sounds more like a reference to cannibalism. Basically the context is God brings the destruction of Jerusalem and Judah for allowing child human sacrifices to Baal. So God allows invading armies to demolish these places, and take all their food. The people trapped in these cities will have nothing left to eat, except the remains of the dead bodies everywhere. Including that of their own families.

Jeremiah 19

19 This is what the Lord said to me: “Go and buy a clay jar. Then ask some of the leaders of the people and of the priests to follow you. 2 Go out through the Gate of Broken Pots to the garbage dump in the valley of Ben-Hinnom, and give them this message. 3 Say to them, ‘Listen to this message from the Lord, you kings of Judah and citizens of Jerusalem! This is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, the God of Israel, says: I will bring a terrible disaster on this place, and the ears of those who hear about it will ring!
4 “‘For Israel has forsaken me and turned this valley into a place of wickedness. The people burn incense to foreign gods—idols never before acknowledged by this generation, by their ancestors, or by the kings of Judah. And they have filled this place with the blood of innocent children. 5 They have built pagan shrines to Baal, and there they burn their sons as sacrifices to Baal. I have never commanded such a horrible deed; it never even crossed my mind to command such a thing! 6 So beware, for the time is coming, says the Lord, when this garbage dump will no longer be called Topheth or the valley of Ben-Hinnom, but the Valley of Slaughter.
7 “‘For I will upset the careful plans of Judah and Jerusalem. I will allow the people to be slaughtered by invading armies, and I will leave their dead bodies as food for the vultures and wild animals. 8 I will reduce Jerusalem to ruins, making it a monument to their stupidity. All who pass by will be astonished and will gasp at the destruction they see there. 9 I will see to it that your enemies lay siege to the city until all the food is gone. Then those trapped inside will eat their own sons and daughters and friends. They will be driven to utter despair.’
10 “As these men watch you, Jeremiah, smash the jar you brought. 11 Then say to them, ‘This is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies says: As this jar lies shattered, so I will shatter the people of Judah and Jerusalem beyond all hope of repair. They will bury the bodies here in Topheth, the garbage dump, until there is no more room for them. 12 This is what I will do to this place and its people, says the Lord. I will cause this city to become defiled like Topheth. 13 Yes, all the houses in Jerusalem, including the palace of Judah’s kings, will become like Topheth—all the houses where you burned incense on the rooftops to your star gods, and where liquid offerings were poured out to your idols.’”
14 Then Jeremiah returned from Topheth, the garbage dump where he had delivered this message, and he stopped in front of the Temple of the Lord. He said to the people there, 15 “This is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, the God of Israel, says: ‘I will bring disaster upon this city and its surrounding towns as I promised, because you have stubbornly refused to listen to me.’”

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Actually, it sounds more like a reference to cannibalism. Basically the context is God brings the destruction of Jerusalem and Judah for allowing child human sacrifices to Baal. So God allows invading armies to demolish these places, and take all their food. The people trapped in these cities will have nothing left to eat, except the remains of the dead bodies everywhere. Including that of their own families.

I agree..............

May 28, 2012

Please, read Revelation.

O

OFM

very true. I went into the grocery store and seen stuff in the rags about the end of times being here. I really truly hope so. Man alive wouldn't that just be so totally awesome to be present to see our Lord come back? hehehe I get so excited about it. I know I am his and that he will see me through everything including zombies haha if that were to happen.
I WANT AND LOVE FOR THE SECOND COMING OF OUR LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST TOO COME...AMEN ALLWAYS...

F

Fractal_Curve

This is the closest reference to zombies I could find.

Matthew 27

50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

O

OFM

....fairly in general interesting only verse 52 and 53 apply though,b blesses amen allways amen....