Scripture Based Flat Earth Proposition

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I’ve seen quite a few very compelling arguments against the ball earth in this thread. What I have not seen, is any attempt whatsoever to refute our best arguments.
Please note what you think are the "best arguments" against the ball earth. I suspect many of them have been addressed already.

You guys don’t want a debate or even a discussion. I’m not even sure you are capable of polite discussion. What you want, and will settle for nothing less, is for us to come over to your side and jump head first into the shallow fluoridated waters of your confirmation bias.
Being hypocritical doesn't advance anyone's argument.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Buoyancy happens because the medium is contained while not being able to be compressed.
Which explains perfectly why ships float on the open ocean....

And also why they sink.

Try again, Gary.

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021
Here is a livestreamed "buoyancy without gravity experiment" completed on China's Tiangong space station 240 miles above the surface... proving there is no buoyancy with gravity. (Pingpong ball placed into a jar of water, does not float to surface.)

Hey @Dino246 , do you think these guys are even capable of admitting when they are mistaken?

Video here: Taikonauts teach class on water buoyancy in absence of gravity (youtube.com)

Actually, I should note, the Tiangong space station has greatly reduced gravity, thus the "floating visual effect", but it's not zero gravity.

May 1, 2024
Oregon
Please note what you think are the "best arguments" against the ball earth. I suspect many of them have been addressed already.

Being hypocritical doesn't advance anyone's argument.
Thank you once again for proving my point. Low hanging fruit.

As far as the hypocrisy is concerned, Touché, my sincere apologies. Allow me to politely rephrase my comment. I strongly and lovingly encourage you to avoid the tap water, or at least use a quality filtration device. And, are you familiar with propaganda and it’s uses? What does the word indoctrination mean to you? Ever heard the term confirmation bias? Confirmation bias can make the most shallow arguments (often from authority) seem reasonable to those who are under it’s influence.

Concerning your question above, and thanks for asking. I’m kind of busy today, way too busy to go through this entire thread pulling out our best arguments. So I’m going to post a couple of videos instead, one in particular that has over 100 rather compelling questions that ball earthers need to address.

You see, from our perspective, we are very well aware that we do not know the whole story, because it is obviously being hidden from us. And we are also aware of why and how the truth is being concealed. We have no problem admitting that we lack information concerning the reality of our cosmos. You guys on the other hand are completely certain that each and every one of your conclusions are settled science, beyond any contradiction. It’s an almost regal attitude, and kind of disturbing. We serfs are merely searching for the truth. And praise be to God, we will no longer accept the tall tales long put forth by the wizards of deception, who pass themselves off as seekers of knowledge, who elevate themselves above the rest of us as though they alone possess the keys to understanding. Especially when, they are clearly the enemies of Almighty God, and have proven so, and continue to prove it so, as each new day, with some new witty invention, they drive humanity further and further away from the knowledge of their Creator and nearer the technological abyss that Satan has in store for all of those who will not come out of this world system, this Babylon that elevates men above the Almighty, denying His very existence, and sealing their doom. If you want the worlds system, the worlds wisdom, you can have it. But be warned, it comes with the worlds fate.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
So I can be brainwashed with ridiculously unscientific ideas? No thanks. I studied real-world physics and made observations myself.
Sorry brother - but - you are already brainwashed (you have been all of your life) - the results of your study is lacking - your observations are tainted.

The 'meniscus' idea is totally outside of the context of the statement that @Prodigal made in post #381.

Rarely-if-ever is the entire surface of any ocean as smooth as glass; nonetheless, it has no significance in the larger scope of the overall shape of it. The same is true of 'meniscus' in the scope of the context of the statement that Prodigal made in post #381.

Which explains perfectly why ships float on the open ocean....

And also why they sink.

Try again, Gary.
You might find it more useful if you stop making these shoot-from-the-hip lame potshots and start doing more thinking before you post.

A lack of buoyancy contributes to why they sink.

Of course - now - apparently - you want to talk about 'density' too. Okay. It plays a big part in why they sink.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Something else in this video is noteworthy - the sunspot - directly below the sun - cannot happen without a close sun.

If the sun were 93 million miles away, there is no way possible it could/would create a sunspot like we see in the video.