Scriptures on PRAISE

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
V

VioletReigns

Praising God is proclaiming who He is – what He has done – and what He will do! Praise is a weapon against evil & the enemies of God.

PRAISE HONORS GOD - In Luke 11 Jesus taught us to begin prayer with praise in order to honor and glorify God. Psalm 29:2 tells us to give God the glory that is due Him. Praise helps us to focus on God, and who He is, and His greatness.

PRAISE HELPS US FOCUS ON GOD - Psalm 22:3 says that God inhabits the praises of His people. As we praise Him we raise up a throne or structure for Him to fill - II Chronicles 5:13. Praise sensitizes us to God's presence and helps us take our focus off ourselves and onto Him.

PRAISE HELPS US TO KNOW GOD - It helps us to focus on His character and His attributes. As we praise Him we rehearse our knowledge of Him and we come to know Him as what we praise Him to be.

PRAISE BREAKS THE ENEMY'S OPPRESSION - In Acts 16 Paul and Silas praised God and the doors in the prison they were in were opened, their chains fell off, the jailer & his family were saved and Paul and Silas were released. Praise lifts us out of oppression and helps us out of our self-centered ways.

PRAISE CONFUSES THE FORCES OF EVIL - The power of praise in battles is shown in II Chronicles 20, Psalm 8:2, and Psalm 149:5-9. Praise helps us to focus on God and realize our need for Him and thus turn the battle over to Him. When we submit all to God, we can stand back and see God bring to us the Victory! This makes praise, prayer & dependence on God great weapons in spiritual battles.

Almost 25 years ago, I sang in a Christian musical production called “Exaltation!” and we led worship with Stephen Fry’s “We Are Called.” To this day, I love praising the Lord Jesus with these beautiful worship songs below!

[video=youtube;StGq9ACO-BY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StGq9ACO-BY[/video]

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
Psalm 100:1-5, "Make a joyful shout to Yahweh, all you lands. Serve Yahweh with gladness! Come before His presence with singing! Know that Yahweh is our Father! It is He Who made us, and not we ourselves. We are His people, and the sheep of His pasture. Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His Name! For Yahweh is righteous, His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures throughout all generations!"

May 15, 2013
To praise is to speak very highly of.

Jonah 2:9 But I, with shouts of grateful praise, will sacrifice to you. What I have vowed I will make good. I will say, ‘Salvation comes from the Lord.’”

Dec 12, 2013
Like the Lord said...if the people did not cry out the rocks would.....!

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
Exodus 15:2-3, "Yahweh is my strength and song, and He has become my Salvation, He is My Heavenly Father and I will praise Him; My father's Father and I will exalt Him. Yahweh is a man of war; Yahweh is His Name."

Revelation 19:13-15:, "And He was wrapped in a tallit dipped in blood, and the Name of Him is called: Yahshua--The Salvation of Yahweh. And the armies in heaven clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him upon white horses, And out of His mouth goes a sharp, two-edged sword, that with it He should strike the nations; and He will rule over them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine press of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty Yahweh."

1 Corinthians 2:9, "But as it is written: Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the mind of man the things which Yahweh has prepared for those who love Him."

V

VioletReigns

Psalm 100:1-5, "Make a joyful shout to Yahweh, all you lands. Serve Yahweh with gladness! Come before His presence with singing! Know that Yahweh is our Father! It is He Who made us, and not we ourselves. We are His people, and the sheep of His pasture. Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His Name! For Yahweh is righteous, His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures throughout all generations!"

Hallelujah!!! \:D/ Glory!! Yahweh is my strength and joy!!!

Dec 11, 2014
Psalm 104 is not only a great praise but also a great story of life.

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013

Hallelujah!!! \:D/ Glory!! Yahweh is my strength and joy!!!
Admittedly I have a special love for those who proclaim the Creator as their joy!

Romans 8:28, "And we know that all things work together for righteousness to those who love Yahweh, to those who are the called out according to His plan."

Sep 6, 2014
Revelation 7:9-12
After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; 10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb. 11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God, 12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
[video=youtube_share;CUpZSbOkuBw]http://youtu.be/CUpZSbOkuBw[/video]

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
Psalm 104 is not only a great praise but also a great story of life.

Psalm 104:28-35, "When You give to them, they gather; when You open Your hands, they are satisfied with bountifulness. When You hide Your face, they are terror-stricken. You take away their breath; they die, and return to their dust. When You send forth Your Spirit, they are created, and You renew the face of the earth. May Your glory, O Yahweh, endure forever! May You rejoice in Your works, O Yahweh, You Who looks at the earth, and it quakes; You Who touches the hills, and they smoke; We will sing to You, O Yahweh, while we live! We will sing praises to You, O Father, while we continue to exist! May our meditation be pleasing to You, as we rejoice in You, O Yahweh, But may sinners be destroyed from the earth, and may the wicked be no more! Bless You, Yahweh, O our souls! HalleluYahweh! Praise Yahweh!"

V

VioletReigns

Brother GracethroughfaithinChrist, that song by Paul Wilbur is one of my all time favorites!!! I never grow tired of that beautiful video. Thank you for posting it. :)

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
Amen brother!

[video=youtube;qqjYeSPTpA4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqjYeSPTpA4[/video]

Sep 30, 2014
This is a really nice song Violet, ... Papa Father.. I like it..