SDA Quarterly Bible Chat

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 28, 2016
I've encountered nice Mormons, but that doesn't make them Christian.
======================================
hub and I have encountered many evangelicals that did not have a 'clue' about
scripture,
repentance,
baptism,
and the,
resurrection from the dead -
how could they possible go-on to perfection???

it's best that we let our Saviour be The Judge of our hearts...

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
I've encountered nice Mormons, but that doesn't make them Christian.
I can't judge them, they love Jesus, and not all Christians believe the same as in tithing, the Rapture, speaking in tongues, Word of Faith etc.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
I have really enjoyed this quarterly so far as the lessons are so appropriate.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
======================================
hub and I have encountered many evangelicals that did not have a 'clue' about
scripture,
repentance,
baptism,
and the,
resurrection from the dead -
how could they possible go-on to perfection???

it's best that we let our Saviour be The Judge of our hearts...
It is a burden we must bear to know this among so many who seek out sin in others. We have received mercy in our awesome Salvation, Yeshua, and because we wish to keep it as good stewards of our Savior we must share that mercy with all, even our enemies, should we have any.

Jun 5, 2019
Happy Sabbath to all. As we head to Sabbath School today 6/8/19 I recall last weeks sermon by the pastor regarding the relationship between the old testament and new testament as the old points to the first coming of Christ and the new points to the second. Also how in the old there was need for animal sacrifices for the forgiveness of sins, and under the new covenant that is no longer needed as Christ has become our sacrificial lamb. One question I will take to Sabbath School today if given the opportunity to ask is: If Christ is our sacrificial lamb why is it that we still have to die once ? Shouldn't we have already learned how to apply God laws and live forever. Thus making the Glorious Church that received Christ the second time ? Inquisitive minds want to know. God Bless you all.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Happy Sabbath to all. As we head to Sabbath School today 6/8/19 I recall last weeks sermon by the pastor regarding the relationship between the old testament and new testament as the old points to the first coming of Christ and the new points to the second. Also how in the old there was need for animal sacrifices for the forgiveness of sins, and under the new covenant that is no longer needed as Christ has become our sacrificial lamb. One question I will take to Sabbath School today if given the opportunity to ask is: If Christ is our sacrificial lamb why is it that we still have to die once ? Shouldn't we have already learned how to apply God laws and live forever. Thus making the Glorious Church that received Christ the second time ? Inquisitive minds want to know. God Bless you all.
In regards to dying, it's probably not so much a punishment but rather a transformation into a new, perfect, immortal body. It does say that it is appointed for each person to die but even then, it appears that there will be those who are called up to the sky to be with Jesus. I suppose that even those that are caught up, will in a sense, die because they will be transformed also. We are, of course, be willing and able to learn how to apply God's laws into our everyday life but unfortunately we live in an evil imperfect world.