Secrets of the Kingdom

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania
-----Secrets of the Kingdom of Heaven------
“Why do you speak to them in parables?” 11 And he answered them, “To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. 12 For to him who has will more be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who has not, even what he has will be taken away. 13 This is why I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. Mat 13

‘You shall indeed hear but never understand,
and you shall indeed see but never perceive.
15 For this people’s heart has grown dull,
and their ears are heavy of hearing,
and their eyes they have closed,
lest they should perceive with their eyes,
and hear with their ears,
and understand with their heart,
and turn for me to heal them.’
Are you on milk or meat?

Yeshua not only revealed knowledge but he also concealed it.

seekingthemindofChrist

Casting down imaginations
Jul 10, 2023
Matthew 11:25-26

"At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight."

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
It is the glory of God to conceal a matter,
But the glory of kings is to search out a matter.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
-----Secrets of the Kingdom of Heaven------
“Why do you speak to them in parables?” 11 And he answered them, “To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. 12 For to him who has will more be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who has not, even what he has will be taken away. 13 This is why I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. Mat 13

‘You shall indeed hear but never understand,
and you shall indeed see but never perceive.
15 For this people’s heart has grown dull,
and their ears are heavy of hearing,
and their eyes they have closed,
lest they should perceive with their eyes,
and hear with their ears,
and understand with their heart,
and turn for me to heal them.’
Are you on milk or meat?

“ Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech: and not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished: but their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ. But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭3:6-7, 12-15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
My view
I understand what you say here --but I think we need to look at it in a different light than saying God conceals the truth from us -------

God is constantly pulling ---drawing on our hearts to comes to Him and it is Us who reject that pull ----so you can only start to understand the Word when you yourself accept the drawing on your heart by God which changes your hardened heart to a receptive heart to ingest the Word ----- only then are your eyes open to see and your ears open to grasp and understand what is being revealed -----

So really it is our own selves who reject the change of heart offered so we ourselves conceal the revealed knowledge that God has in His Word ----it is not God who conceals it ------the Word is there ---the revealed knowledge is there for all who want have their heart ---eyes and ears open to receive see and hear the revealed knowledge -----

God wants all people to have their hearts changed --so their eyes and ears are open to receive the revealed knowledge ----it is up to us to accept it or reject it ------

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
God wants all people to have their hearts changed --so their eyes and ears are open to receive the revealed knowledge ----it is up to us to accept it or reject it ------
That's right. It is only those who deliberately choose darkness who are then judicially blinded. This was the case with the religious leaders of the Israel at that time. The Bible says that God will have all men come to a knowledge of the truth.

JohnRH

Mar 5, 2018
My view
I understand what you say here --but I think we need to look at it in a different light than saying God conceals the truth from us -------

God is constantly pulling ---drawing on our hearts to comes to Him and it is Us who reject that pull ----so you can only start to understand the Word when you yourself accept the drawing on your heart by God which changes your hardened heart to a receptive heart to ingest the Word ----- only then are your eyes open to see and your ears open to grasp and understand what is being revealed -----

So really it is our own selves who reject the change of heart offered so we ourselves conceal the revealed knowledge that God has in His Word ----it is not God who conceals it ------the Word is there ---the revealed knowledge is there for all who want have their heart ---eyes and ears open to receive see and hear the revealed knowledge -----

I agree with what you're saying.

Edify

Jan 27, 2021
That's right. It is only those who deliberately choose darkness who are then judicially blinded. This was the case with the religious leaders of the Israel at that time. The Bible says that God will have all men come to a knowledge of the truth.
There may be times things are concealed.
For instance, judgment happens first at the house of God. God will speak thru preachers/teachers to a church & the people reject it.
Yes, it was revealed at the beginning, but when the judgment begins, it is concealed from the ones it's happening to. No matter how hard you try, you can't get thru to them, until it's over.
So for a time a thing will be concealed, only to be revealed later at God's timing.
Israel is a constant example of this.