Secular Music

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
i still don't know anyone who is a fan of the that band.

timemeddler

Jul 13, 2023
Beethoven, Mozart, the monkeys? kind of has to be a little specific.

Apr 11, 2024
i still don't know anyone who is a fan of that band.
Their original heyday was a little before my time, too. I was 14 years old when they first disbanded, but I'd seen live clips of them on various TV shows, and so I knew they had talent. But it was only around 10 years ago or so, when they came together for their appropriately-titled album "10", that I really began to appreciate them personally. I can't say they're my all-time favorites or anything, but I do enjoy some of their efforts.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
There is discipline called musical therapy so there are proofs.
That music possesses a cathartic characteristic implies its power to purify. The Greek word translated "pure" is katharos sometimes used to describe the cleansing of a wound (catharsis). So it would seem to me that, depending on whether a song is sung in protest or in celebration of wrong, that would determine its power to corrupt.

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
Their original heyday was a little before my time, too. I was 14 years old when they first disbanded, but I'd seen live clips of them on various TV shows, and so I knew they had talent. But it was only around 10 years ago or so, when they came together for their appropriately-titled album "10", that I really began to appreciate them personally. I can't say they're my all-time favorites or anything, but I do enjoy some of their efforts.
lot
sometimes, fame is territorial. for instance, journey, the great 80's band, was not accepted in the northeast so they're manager initiated the idea of a free concert at S.P.A.C., (Saratoga), & it worked. that was the last place they were concerned about & then they broke thru big time!

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
My sister was. She wore some cassettes out.
i doubt i would have liked the band when i was a kid to teen years because i didn't go for the partridge family, the osmonds or the jackson five either when i was young. & we were a musical family, big time. we listened to jazz, r & r, rock, country , classic as in beethoven, mozart, brahms, rachmaninov, tchaikovsky, etc., top 40, blues & so on.

Apr 11, 2024
i doubt i would have liked the band when i was a kid to teen years because i didn't go for the partridge family, the osmonds or the jackson five either when i was young. & we were a musical family, big time. we listened to jazz, r & r, rock, country , classic as in beethoven, mozart, brahms, rachmaninov, tchaikovsky, etc., top 40, blues & so on.
I had a standard music class in my school years, and the teacher played some classical stuff, but I could never fully devote myself to it. I was always much more interested in the local radio station, which was strange because my legalistic elders often condemned me regarding other forms of entertainment. When I was in my teens I listened to a lot of country music, but I eventually stepped away for a few years because it just started getting depressing. The mid-2000s changed that though, when I quickly became a fan of the trio group Rascal Flatts.

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
so prevalent is the condemning of rock & other types of music when the condemners ought to really listen to a band first, then make a decision. millions think ALL rock music is bad. they ae incorrect on that. if Jesus were here, he would like a decent number of rock bands & i don't just mean Christian rock.

Apr 11, 2024
so prevalent is the condemning of rock & other types of music when the condemners ought to really listen to a band first, then make a decision. millions think ALL rock music is bad. they ae incorrect on that. if Jesus were here, he would like a decent number of rock bands & i don't just mean Christian rock.
I've long been convinced that the message is more important, as opposed to the method. If a band is singing about having sex outside of marriage and drinking all the time, I don't think Jesus would approve. But if the songs are about being selfless, or treating others with respect even if you don't always agree with them...maybe our Savior would have a better perspective there.

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
There is discipline called musical therapy so there are proofs.
Hey Marina, looks like you haven't been active for a while and you're probably like most people here who come in for brief stays but maybe you stopped by to remind me of this nice song i used to hear on the radio before you were born.