Seek first the kingdom of God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
That's "TC" to me, but only because I'm a close friend. Most people gotta call him Top Cat.
Sorry for name dropping. I'll go back to Droopy...fanger paintin', maaaaan!

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
That's "TC" to me, but only because I'm a close friend. Most people gotta call him Top Cat.
I used to watch Top Cat every Friday night for several years. One of my faves along with the Flintstones.

Pardizzle

Feb 1, 2024
Texas
Hi! I do know that it could be more than just wanting a spouse, but a sense of loneliness. There are times I feel lonely but don’t want a spouse. lol. It gets complicated at times and that’s why I have to stay connected to God because I can get in my own way.
Hi Janelle, and welcome! I am new myself. I understand what ya mean, sometimes it's the loneliness that we mistake for wanting/needing a partner. Yes you are 100% correct about staying connected to God.....the times I am, I am so content its unreal!

Nov 27, 2023
I’m surprised that even now after I’ve given up and decided to accept singleness that Good has sent me someone. Hated the starting doubt and confusing part that tried to keep me away from accepting the blessing, but I am glad that while I did wait, I was totally depended on God to bring me happiness.

Pardizzle

Feb 1, 2024
Texas
I know I mentioned my previous marriage in the unequally yoked thread. My daughter is 7 as of this month. I came across this chat site because my daughter was sick throwing up and I was up all night taking care of her. I wanted something to pass the time. She was fine besides the throwing up. And I feel that my actions are reflecting in her more than before. After she threw up the 3rd time she said “thank you Lord” and I said “Amen! In ALL things give him thanks!” Her grandfather who was like her father is gone and she has been okay so far, but there’s no telling what the enemy may try to plant in her head as she gets older. Her father is a long distance boomerang. He makes sacrifices for almost anyone before he will her. I don’t mention him EVER because I don’t want her constantly thinking of him. She’s still in the “I have the best dad in the world” phase.
Sounds like God led you to this site....God works in mysterious ways huh?!😁 Glad to have you here Janelle!

Pardizzle

Feb 1, 2024
Texas
Seek you first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you.
Matthew 6:33 kjv

This is a Christian singles forum. Have you been seeking his kingdom and his righteousness first? Or have you been skipping trying to get straight to the love part? I can personally say that it is hard to wait on something you may actually need. I do know that any longer and I won’t need it anymore. I’m a single mother who wishes I could have someone around for any time of day and night just to help me who is this little two person family. We all need to get closer to God. There are other things that I know he has promised me. Do I keep driving to get it? Or do I wait until he tells me to get it? Will it be successful if I try when I “ think” it’s time to try. Or do I wait until I KNOW he said it was time to. Is there anything in your life that you are wanting right now? But also knows you need improvement first? in the next two years, I will not want to be with someone. I will still want to pursue my visions and dreams concerning myself as well as dream's concerning ministry.
What does it mean to seek his kingdom first and his righteousness? Well without it…. How well will you be able to accomplish things? When tests and trials come…. Will you be able to stay faithful? Will you be able to keep the faith in Jesus? Knowing that you are still getting what he promised you? Are you certain he promised it to you? We must examine ourselves daily in order to know if we are truly seeking the kingdom of God and his righteousness.
I have learned that if I began to seek out those things as if it is an absolute necessity, spending so much time every day, trying to fulfill that desire, then I need to stop what I’m doing because I’ve taken my focus off of God. This has been true about many different things. I guess I want to encourage anyone who may feel as if nothing is ever gonna happen to remember to keep your focus on God. Continue to do things here and there, but don’t let it overtake your emotions. If he promised it to you, then he will fulfill it. Nothing he says comes back void. I guess you just need a little more patience although it may not feel too good.
I have learned in life (here recently actually) that God probably isn't going to give you more, until you learn to be truly content with where you are at, and with what you have/do not have. Just like Paul said in the Bible, be content no matter what.....he was is prison but still singing and praising God!!! Also I know that No matter how down you feel, it can ALWAYS be worse!

Pardizzle

Feb 1, 2024
Texas
I’m surprised that even now after I’ve given up and decided to accept singleness that Good has sent me someone. Hated the starting doubt and confusing part that tried to keep me away from accepting the blessing, but I am glad that while I did wait, I was totally depended on God to bring me happiness.
Just wanted to check in and see how things were going?