Seek Him

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

Perk

VerVersion:1.0 StartHTML:0000000167 EndHTML:0000001977 StartFragment:0000000457 EndFragment:0000001961 Be it an innate desire within our soul or a conviction that the indwelling of the Holy Spirit places upon our hearts, it is a conviction all Christians have. What I am speaking of is the desire to SEEK HIM. I once was at my church's meeting and a young man came to me and told me that he believed God had placed it upon his heart to say to me, “Seek Him.” I had already been born again and was in a sound place spiritually. I was growing in my faith, as I hope I still am, so this short message, which was oh so simple, made a profound impact on my life. It was as if a hammer had been taken to a stone shell built around my body and shattered it to a million pieces. At first I sought to find shame in myself, because I thought that if God was speaking this to me I must not have been seeking Him. Or at least not right.

Yet as I pondered this phrase, “Seek Him,” I realized that it wasn't that I was not seeking Him, but I was going about it all the wrong way. I was making an attempt to analyze God instead of loving Him. I was trying to find the glory of God instead of allowing His glory to shine through me, much the same as sunlight shines through a prism.

So, today, I encourage you to SEEK HIM.

Read Hebrews 11:5-7
sion:1.0 StartHTML:0000000167 EndHTML:0000001977 StartFragment:0000000457 EndFragment:0000001961 Be it an innate desire within our soul or a conviction that the indwelling of the Holy Spirit places upon our hearts, it is a conviction all Christians have. What I am speaking of is the desire to SEEK HIM. I once was at my church's meeting and a young man came to me and told me that he believed God had placed it upon his heart to say to me, “Seek Him.” I had already been born again and was in a sound place spiritually. I was growing in my faith, as I hope I still am, so this short message, which was oh so simple, made a profound impact on my life. It was as if a hammer had been taken to a stone shell built around my body and shattered it to a million pieces. At first I sought to find shame in myself, because I thought that if God was speaking this to me I must not have been seeking Him. Or at least not right.

Yet as I pondered this phrase, “Seek Him,” I realized that it wasn't that I was not seeking Him, but I was going about it all the wrong way. I was making an attempt to analyze God instead of loving Him. I was trying to find the glory of God instead of allowing His glory to shine through me, much the same as sunlight shines through a prism.

So, today, I encourage you to SEEK HIM.

Read Hebrews 11:5-7