Seeking a pure mate.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

CatWoman

There are singles at this site who exspressed that they would like to marrie a christian vergin or a good man of God. And commenting that the type of person they would like to marrie is hard to find.
At this point Im thinking maybe we need to forgive more and show more commpassion to people. I know people have standards and that is a good thing but maybe your forgetting that you were broken when Jesus took you in as his own. Every body sins. Those that are forgiven much love much.

J

jimsun

Nice one Catwoman.
J+

C

CatWoman

TY This thread must have made people speachless. Its intereasting with all the hits it has only a married person posted on it. hmmm.

J

Jullianna

I guess I'm the opposite of those folks, Catwoman. I find myself wondering if I'm a little too rough around the edges at times for the person I really like...

Good thread. People are people. We all make mistakes and we're all doing the best we can with God's guidance.

Pheonix

Jan 17, 2007
I guess I'm the opposite of those folks, Catwoman. I find myself wondering if I'm a little too rough around the edges at times for the person I really like...
I kind of see myself the same way. I look at the few christian women I have known and don't see how we could possibly have a good relationship. I have no interest in introducing my past and the mistakes I've made to these women. unfortunately to have a truly good marriage, a husband and wife should merge their lives into one. there is no room for lies and secrets.

T

Timofree

I see my non-Christian sins and mistakes as a sign of God's power and grace in changing me! I'm not proud of what I did, but I'll tell people what I did, and boast in God's power to transform!

Before you become a Christian, whether you've told 1 lie or commited mass genocide, you've fallen short of the glory of God.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011

Good thread. People are people. We all make mistakes and we're all doing the best we can with God's guidance.
If you're anything like me Jullianna, you are probably your own worst critic. Some of us with the most forgiving hearts towards others can be extremely critical of our own flaws. We tend to hold ourselves to a higher standard than we hold others to. Simply put we find it difficult to cut ourselves some slack.

In my own life I've seen myself "settle" for relationships with women who didn't come close to the model of the godly, mature woman that I desire because of a sense of unworthiness. I know my shortcomings, failings, weaknesses and past all too well. These "flaws" are what make it easy for me to give grace to others, yet at the same time I find it difficult to comprehend that the godly woman I desire could extend the same grace.

I think it was Liamson who some time back said something about "beautiful imperfections," I think those of us with the tendency to expect perfection out of ourselves could benefit from learning how to embrace ours.

J

Jullianna

When you've been through a lot and have seen more than you should have, it affects you. You can't unfeel/unsee things. When you meet people who have been a bit more protected and still have a certain innocence and sweetness about them, it's tough to believe you would ever fit into their world or that they would ever understand you or yours.

What's really tough is when you see that someone much LIKE them is interested in them as well and, even though you like them alot, you can't help wondering whether they would be better off with someone more like them than someone like you.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
^^ I can relate.

H

Hava91

i dont "look" per se, but if i were to be looking i wud be looking for a good christian man, BUT someone who knows they have flaws...I dont understand when people look for perfection in a partner =/ whats so amazing about a person is all theyve been through, all they have learned, and how much theyve GROWN from where they started, and all the stories/testimony they have to share!! i wouldnt be able to have a partner who feels they have always been saved or come through nothing to learn about Him...and julianna, i understand your battle..sometimes u wonder if they wud learn from u and it be a good thing, or if theyll just look at you like ur crazy lol. pray pray pray! the only way to know haha xD

Feb 10, 2008
When you've been through a lot and have seen more than you should have, it affects you. You can't unfeel/unsee things. When you meet people who have been a bit more protected and still have a certain innocence and sweetness about them, it's tough to believe you would ever fit into their world or that they would ever understand you or yours.

What's really tough is when you see that someone much LIKE them is interested in them as well and, even though you like them alot, you can't help wondering whether they would be better off with someone more like them than someone like you.
I agree. Completely hypothetically, even worse than that would be when that person likes you and you blindly choose another who is quite the opposite of innocent and sweet. And then watch as she finds someone else, and gets hurt by him, and see her innocence slowly being stolen from her.

That's rough, er gotta be rough. All hypothetical of course.