Seeking God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Monnkai

Mar 18, 2014
For the past few days, I have not felt the Lord. A week ago I was constantly thinking about him and I felt him with me. But now I'm constantly distracted and feel that he's at a distance. I want him to be my center of my life but I keep thinking of other things and ignoring him it seems. I'm going to write my book for a while then I'm going to watch testimonies. I can still feel the holy spirit working through me when I watch them because I cry when I watch them. I have a feeling he's testing me. Any advice on how I can get closer to him?

F

FreeNChrist

He is in you, He can't get much closer than that. It isn't a matter of feelings. Feelings are fickle things indeed. The mountaintop experiences are cool, for sure, but we do most of our living and learning down in the valley. We live by faith, trusting that God is with us, guiding us as we go.......because He is.

T

thepsalmist

FOOTPRINTS IN THE SAND

One night I dreamed a dream.
As I was walking along the beach with my Lord.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
One belonging to me and one to my Lord.
After the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that at many times along the path of my life,
especially at the very lowest and saddest times,
there was only one set of footprints.
This really troubled me, so I asked the Lord about it.
"Lord, you said once I decided to follow you,
You'd walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life,
there was only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me."
He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you
Never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you."

T

thepsalmist

Sometimes we feel Him, sometimes we don't ... but he is always there :)

R

roaringkitten

"O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is" Psa 63:1

Be blessed, don't give up!
:)

Nov 12, 2015
Hello again monnkai! :)
Do you remember that other thread we talked in where we said sometimes He hides His Presence from us to test our faith?
He wants to see what we will do.
Will we panic? Or will we stay calm and keep trusting that He is doing this for our own good, so our faith will grow?

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Quit using feeling as a thermometer.
Get into the Word and hang on to the promises come hell or high water.

2 Peter 1:3-8 KJVS
[3] According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: [4] Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. [5] And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; [6] And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; [7] And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. [8] For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Monnkai

Mar 18, 2014
Hello again monnkai! :)
Do you remember that other thread we talked in where we said sometimes He hides His Presence from us to test our faith?
He wants to see what we will do.
Will we panic? Or will we stay calm and keep trusting that He is doing this for our own good, so our faith will grow?
Yes, I remember. And I know he's working with me and through me because when my lust comes back I pray to him and it goes away.

Dec 1, 2014
So you feel GOD is testing you because... " I keep thinking of other things and ignoring him "
That's like saying " But officer, You are testing me just because I keep breaking the speed limit and ignoring stop signs".

Let me give you an 80's retro response: " DUHHHHHH" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hopefully, you will read your own post and smack your own forehead. The answer is obvious....or should be. If not..there is NO advice on earth that can help you until you see beyond your own silly choices that only YOU can change.

P

psychomom

So you feel GOD is testing you because... " I keep thinking of other things and ignoring him "
That's like saying " But officer, You are testing me just because I keep breaking the speed limit and ignoring stop signs".

Hopefully, you will read your own post and smack your own forehead. The answer is obvious....or should be. If not..there is NO advice on earth that can help you until you see beyond your own silly choices that only YOU can change.
sir, as far as i am aware the young man in question is a newborn in Christ.

perhaps a little understanding... you do recall what that's like, yes?

Monnkai... child, you're doing fine. ask all the questions you like. ♥

Monnkai

Mar 18, 2014
sir, as far as i am aware the young man in question is a newborn in Christ.

perhaps a little understanding... you do recall what that's like, yes?

Monnkai... child, you're doing fine. ask all the questions you like. ♥

Thank you :) I don't like to use it as an excuse but it seems to control my life. I have many mental illnesses as a result whatever answer I find myself. I feel that its probably wrong. The question can be painfully obvious to other people but the way my mind works I need some sort of confirmation that I'm right or wrong or else it will torment me until I find something else to worry about.

P

psychomom

Thank you :) I don't like to use it as an excuse but it seems to control my life. I have many mental illnesses as a result whatever answer I find myself. I feel that its probably wrong. The question can be painfully obvious to other people but the way my mind works I need some sort of confirmation that I'm right or wrong or else it will torment me until I find something else to worry about.
so far as i have seen, your responses show a humility, teachable-ness and kindness i wish i possessed now! ;)

i have a daughter who suffers a bit as you do. i will be praying.
as you grow to know God better, and especially His great and everlasting love for you, i believe the torment will subside. :)

Monnkai

Mar 18, 2014
so far as i have seen, your responses show a humility, teachable-ness and kindness i wish i possessed now! ;)

i have a daughter who suffers a bit as you do. i will be praying.
as you grow to know God better, and especially His great and everlasting love for you, i believe the torment will subside. :)
Thank you :) I thank God for this site. It makes my walk with Christ so much easier.

P

psychomom

Thank you :) I thank God for this site. It makes my walk with Christ so much easier.
that's the whole point! :)

the commands of the NT are almost exclusively horizontal. that is, what we must do for our fellow humans.
(Christ has already satisfied the vertical for us.... between us and God)

we're to love and serve one another, and i'm grateful to the Lord you're here :)

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
For the past few days, I have not felt the Lord. A week ago I was constantly thinking about him and I felt him with me. But now I'm constantly distracted and feel that he's at a distance. I want him to be my center of my life but I keep thinking of other things and ignoring him it seems. I'm going to write my book for a while then I'm going to watch testimonies. I can still feel the holy spirit working through me when I watch them because I cry when I watch them. I have a feeling he's testing me. Any advice on how I can get closer to him?
Remember his favorite game? Hide and seek? sometimes he hide his presence from you never leaving but making it where you have a harder time sensing his presence, it is in this time he wants you to seek him all the more.
I used to go through the same thing, seek him out with a hungry heart talk to constantly pour your heart out to him no matter what it is even if it's just casual chatting listen to any Christian music that speaks to you watch and read testimonies however it is you enjoy spending time with him.

Eventually you will no longer feel the need to (feel close to him you will just naturally be close to him even when you don't feel his presence. There is a difference between feeling close to him and being close to him just as there is a difference between feeling strong and being strong:)

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012

Please respond only in a kind patient and Christlike manner, if this response was given to me when I started out I might have ran away from faith, I know exactly how he feels and what he is going through because I went through what he is now but it's responses like this one that scare new believers away