Seeking

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

thedoctorwho

I've suffered from depression for the last nine years. I have confided in my family and close friends. Tonight I have been feeling a little down despite the festive nature of my surroundings. I've been feeling down all day and I would inform my wife about it but I wish not to further stress her. I've tried talking to my best friend, who is like a sister, but she does not return my texts. I feel alone and looking for new people to talk with. I tried sleeping to break the the cycle to no avail. Each time I closed my eyes all I could see was the cross. Since then I read Job twice, Matthew, and Proverbs. Just need to get my thoughts out in the open.

God Bless

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Job probably isn't the best book to read right now.

He sets us free from torments and depression is one. Probably why you continue to see the cross.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
I've suffered from depression for the last nine years. I have confided in my family and close friends. Tonight I have been feeling a little down despite the festive nature of my surroundings. I've been feeling down all day and I would inform my wife about it but I wish not to further stress her. I've tried talking to my best friend, who is like a sister, but she does not return my texts. I feel alone and looking for new people to talk with. I tried sleeping to break the the cycle to no avail. Each time I closed my eyes all I could see was the cross. Since then I read Job twice, Matthew, and Proverbs. Just need to get my thoughts out in the open.

God Bless

Thedoctorwho

Hi there - I can relate - 18 years ago I was diagnosed with sever depression and I had to see a doctor for awhile who prescribed Zoloft for me and I took it for about 18 months. Sometimes doctors and meds are needed. I was not close to God during that time so I did not pray. I wish I had been close to God then but I wasn't. So I can tell you I don't have all the answers but I do know the one who does and I will say a prayer for you now.

Dear Father In Heaven

Please help thedoctorwho as he is having some problems right now with depression and feels as though there is no one to talk to. Please Father help him to know that You are always with him and ready to listen to all the troubles that are bothering him. We have such stressful lives that we live today but You already know that and I ask that You stay close to thedoctorwho and give him peace knowing that You are with him. If he need to seek medical help please give him the strength to do so. I give thedoctorwho to You Father take care of him. I ask in Jesus Name Amen

Toska

Nov 16, 2013
Hello and welcome. I am sorry that you are going through this at all. I have suffered from mild depression in the past but, nothing as severe as you described. I have already said a prayer for you and will continue to do so. I like to read Psalms when I am feeling stressed or down, I agree with stonesoffire about reading Job, probably not the best book in the bible to read when you are feeling depressed. I also pray, not asking for anything, just giving glory to our Father--that always makes me feel so calm and at peace. God Bless.

Dec 14, 2013
Depression happens. When something starts making you depressed, take a deep breath and close your eyes. When i'm depressed, I try to avoid the source. Find something you love and do that. I spend 90% of my time in my room watching glee and singing becauase that is where I feel happiest. This is really the only reason i'm still alive. I keel a boxed set and a bible next to my bed becauase if i don't have glee or god, i cut my wrists a lot.

acesneverwin

Jun 8, 2011
I've been struggling with depression since I was in middle school. I went to three therapists which didn't help out a whole lot. The best thing was reaching out to someone in real life (online relationships are cool but no substitute for real life interaction with others by a long shot)... you've done that already it seems. I don't know if family is always the most helpful but if you got someone who can help motivate you, that's cool.

One thing that helps get a little juice going, is a cold shower in the morning for like 5-10 minutes. I'm not joking. After the first couple times you do it, it's not so bad really but it really gets your blood moving. When you're not feeling good and don't feel like a cold shower, that's def the time to take a cold shower, lol. I just take em all the time now. Usually start with warm water then after all warmed up and cozy, turn it to as cold as I can and wash in that for about 5-10 mins. And it doesn't cure anything but gets you pumped that you are able to take on challenges better than just being a down, gloomy Eore. If I got any plans coming up, def cold shower in the morning. Wakes ya up, gets your blood pulsing, your mind is completely away from depressing thoughts etc and ya feel pretty darn good afterward.

Also, I like reading from Ecclesiastes... That is probably my favorite book in the bible. I know people are probably thinking, "well, thats a depressing book"... but it's not IMO. It's just beautiful honesty... and I find it a bit motivating.

If you just feel like talking or whatever, I'm def down for that. I know what's its like to really wanna talk to somebody but don't know who or what to say... or you're worried they're just gonna think you're a big baby crying over nothin or don't wanna listen to ya have a pity party for yourself. Don't worry about it... but yeah, pm any time.

I'm not out of the woods myself but for the first time in a loooong time, there is a light shining through for once which I guess means the edge can't be too far away anymore.