Seemingly Backwards?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

adekruif

My mom commented on something the other day that got me thinking and a little curious. When I got saved I was really really busy, the busiest part of my life. I was a full time student in the midst of the toughest semester, and it was during this time that I started searching for GOD. I got saved somewhere near the middle of the semester and for the remainder of the semester the things I was going through were pretty rough and I grew allot.

Now, my life has settled down and i'm not busy at all, and I feel like GOD isn't teaching me at the pace that HE was during that semester. I'm still growing, but not nearly at the rate that I was, and it makes me wonder why? During the busiest time of my life GOD put me through allot, and now that life has settled down it seems to be smooth sailing.

It just seems backwards to me...anyone else ever experienced this?

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
In order to remove the impurities from gold it is heated so that the impurities float to the top and can be skimmed off. We, like gold, are refined in fire.

A

adekruif

In order to remove the impurities from gold it is heated so that the impurities float to the top and can be skimmed off. We, like gold, are refined in fire.
Right, I understand that. But from my perspective wouldn't it have made more sense to teach me some things while incredibly busy and then turn on the fire hose once life settled down a little? I don't get it, but that's why HE's GOD and i'm not.

JimJimmers

Apr 26, 2012
Maybe He decided you were worthy of forging. :) Forging makes metal much stronger than casting, but it requires repeated hammering. I do know what you mean though, and I'd say I've experienced a similar thing.

Feb 11, 2012
The only advise I can give you is to make sure you have a saving faith, you said you got saved, what does that mean to you? and how do we know we are truly saved?

Hope this helps!

Has Jesus received you?

Joh 1:12 But as many as received Him, He gave to them authority to become the children of God, to those who believe on His name,
Joh 1:13 who were born, not of bloods, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but were born of God.

Here is the most important question mankind should be asking themselves as they come to Christ, and receive Him into their hearts. The cry from the pulpits today is have you received Jesus? And we all need Him, so if you received Him you are safe, and all is well!

But IF you take the whole council of God that can clearly define what it means to receive Him you would soon see just how backwards the church is today!

Here is a great example right from the word of God that clearly shows in a very simple yet compassionate way, how one is to receive Jesus.

The question at hand isn't IF you received Him, or accepted Him, or we all need Him, etc., NO the resounding question is, Has Jesus accepted you?

Now before you conjecture in your mind the not saved by works straw man, or the faith alone cop out, open your heart to this simple message!

Luk 7:38 And she stood behind Him, weeping at His feet, and she began to wash His feet with tears and wipe them with the hair of her head. And she ardently kissed His feet and anointed them with the ointment.

NOW this woman, a clear sinner, will show you once and for all, what it means to be received by Jesus!

She came to Him broken, contrite, humble, and utterly at the end of her rope! Her pride and spirit were totally broken, as she was clearly under the strong conviction of the spirit of God, convicting her of sin, righteousness, and the judgment to come, she didn't mess around and wait for Jesus to come away from the Pharisees. But boldly approached the Son OF God, assuming nothing, hoping and praying He would grant her mercy for her sins!

She took a big risk as she came into the domain of the self righteous leaders of the day, totally ignored their evil stares and words of condemnation, and fell at Jesus feet, through a crisis of conviction, yielding to His great love, mercy and compassion, knowing well, the only way she could receive His great mercy and forgiveness was to humble herself in real repentance, FIRST, because she was born with the ability to choose to repent and follow Jesus or not, or follow her flesh, making excuses why she didn't have to obey Him.

Now what this woman did, and I am sure like some of us, had many sins of the flesh against her, is the epitome of selflessness, and sacrifice demanded by God to be reconciled unto Him!

Her actions were true, from the heart, and her motives were pure and proven by her deeds! She then proceeded to do something that the Pharisees were astounded by, and had a very difficult time accepting, she fell at the masters feet in repentance, washed His feet with her tears of godly sorrow, dried His feet with her hair, then proceeded to anoint His feet with precious oils!

This brought on anger and resentment from the Pharisees, but to the Son OF God, it was a sweet aroma, and He poured out His love and mercy on her, she was broken, cleared of all wrong doing before Him by what she did at the feet of Christ!

She was freely forgiven, and now useful to the master, cleared and pure, now ready to receive the implanted word with meekness and humility!

So when you hear the message, we do nothing to receive mercy and forgiveness, or you just need to receive Jesus, or we all need Him, then think about this woman, who was full of sin, and what she did, to receive Jesus.

Jesus accepted her NOT as a sinner saved by grace, still wallowing in her vile sins, but as a humble, repentant soul, who forsook all to follow Him!

Let the question then be asked, have you fallen at the feet of the master in repentance and faith! Forsaking your vile sins against Him, pouring out your emotions and tears on His dusty feet, then wiping them dry with your hair?

Do you think if this message was preached far and wide from all the pulpits today, as well as all the seminars, crusades, music concerts etc., it would be accepted and received?

Jesus made it clear how we are to receive Him, and it’s not about how much we need Him, or if we have trusted in His provision, but if we have come to faith on His conditions set fourth in the word of God!

Mat 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, Repent! For the kingdom of Heaven is at hand!
Tommy 8-26-12

K

kayem77

I know that feeling...when I got saved I wasn't so busy but I felt like I was growing spiritually at a really fast rate, it was amazing! and I'm still growing I guess...but I don't think I'm doing it as fast as before. Maybe God wants me to learn from the moments when everything is stiill, or he wants me to put in practice what I learned....I'm trying to find out. You're not alone.