Self-Abusive

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 23, 2013
Hey guys, I"m a Believer in the Messiah Jesus. :D
I love him and my walk with him seems to falter and go back and forth very dynamically. I really have begun to hate myself in some ways. Recently I've been feeling very self-abusive. . . I could use some prayer requests to help me out. I feel so down against myself and I just don't like who I am.

sandtigeress

Apr 29, 2013
God loves you !
The almighty god loves you and wants you to talk to him !
So do mit hate someone, that is loved by god !

I'm praying for you.
Blessings to you !

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
Learn what God has said about you and trust in it. When we believe the truth the lie has no power.
[video=youtube;xq-LqsoroEU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq-LqsoroEU[/video]

W

Water1944

General, you are made by God, and He LOVES YOU! Walking in faith is not always easy, but it's the only way. I'm praying that God makes you strong and gives you peace and comfort as only He can. Stay in prayer, and in His word, and He will lead you to a better place. God bless.

C

Chezz

He loves you! I will be praying for you! God Bless

D

danschance

Hey guys, I"m a Believer in the Messiah Jesus. :D
I love him and my walk with him seems to falter and go back and forth very dynamically. I really have begun to hate myself in some ways. Recently I've been feeling very self-abusive. . . I could use some prayer requests to help me out. I feel so down against myself and I just don't like who I am.
Was your childhood or at least part of it, abusive or traumatic?

D

danschance

I will be in the bible study room in at 930 pm pst. If you want to chat.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
You are in my prayers in Jesus for all healing and the joy of Jesus.

God bless
pickles

S

simplyme_bekah

well first you need to realize that those thoughts are NOT your own but the devil attacking a weakness of yours. You need to get a bible and you need to sit down and read it and you need to talk to the Lord. Did you ask God to come into your heart as your personal savior? I so so strongly suggest that you start watching Joyce Meyer Ministries – Home online sermons. There is a sermon she has that teaches you how to put on the whole armor of God and in this day and age every single child of God NEEDS to put it on. Jesus is love. He is peace. He is healing. He is our teacher, our provider, our protector, our counselor, He is simply our everything. Our every answer....our everything. When those thoughts come into your mind, you need to SEE it for who it is standing beside you whispering that crap into your mind and then you need to say "I rebuke you devil, get behind me on Jesus name. Seriously please look up those joyce meyer messages. It will change your life. Pinky swear it!

Jun 23, 2013
well first you need to realize that those thoughts are NOT your own but the devil attacking a weakness of yours. You need to get a bible and you need to sit down and read it and you need to talk to the Lord. Did you ask God to come into your heart as your personal savior? I so so strongly suggest that you start watching Joyce Meyer Ministries – Home online sermons. There is a sermon she has that teaches you how to put on the whole armor of God and in this day and age every single child of God NEEDS to put it on. Jesus is love. He is peace. He is healing. He is our teacher, our provider, our protector, our counselor, He is simply our everything. Our every answer....our everything. When those thoughts come into your mind, you need to SEE it for who it is standing beside you whispering that crap into your mind and then you need to say "I rebuke you devil, get behind me on Jesus name. Seriously please look up those joyce meyer messages. It will change your life. Pinky swear it!
I'm sorry. I am scared of Joyce Meyer. lol. But yeah. I'm going to have alot of long, personal talks with the Lord.

S

Siberian_Khatru

I"m a Believer in the Messiah Jesus... my walk with him seems to falter and go back and forth very dynamically.
Think about that! As the maxim goes: "The faith that cannot be tested is the faith that cannot be trusted." It is absolutely normal for us to question things. It is another matter to be on again, off again. ;)

Anyway, that's certainly not a condemnation. I'll be praying for you, brother! It sounds like you are headed in the right direction. If you enjoy reading, I definitely recommend The Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan.

Jun 23, 2013
— Cut ties to friends and places connected with your addiction. This will help lessen temptation and make it easier to experience recovery. The Bible says, “Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm” (Proverbs 13:20).
I saw this at "Going Farther".com . . I'm having problems with this. I knew I had a problem but I didn't know how hard of a time I had it. Please help me out . :(

Jun 23, 2013
I don't know if I can ever love myself again with a clear conscience. :(

D

danschance

I am praying for you brother. I know you are in pain. Hang in there.

Lord Jesus, Comfort our friend GeneralArminius and bring him the peace that supasses all understanding. You are the great physician who can heal anything. Please heal his emotional wounds and provide a way for him to not harm himself. Show him how much You love him, if it be Your will, in Jesus name.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
General, Jesus didnt die on the cross for those who were perfect, He died for us while we were still sinners.
He became sin for us, so we would be and know we are acceptable and loved by God.
Ask yourself this, how many times must Jesus take the cross to convince you of His love for you?
I ask this for you so you will know that you are loved more than you can begin to fathom, with a love so filled with mercy, understanding, and delight for you it would take an eternity to know. :)
You do not have to punish yourself to be wanted and loved by God, He sent Jesus to take that punishment so you would not have to ask if you are wanted and loved, because God loves you.
Every person struggles with this, I know I did, still do sometimes, believing that I am loved by God, Jesus, as I am.
Mostly due to an abusive past, but Jesus showed me that its not about our being worthy, He loves us just as we are.
We dont need to carry anything to God to be loved, He loved us first.
You dont have to beat yourself down to feel loved or wanted, God already loves and wants you.
Simply lift your hands to Jesus, He is already waiting to take hold of them, and lift you up, so you can walk side by side with Him.
Believe in faith in the love spoken to you in scripture, in Jesus Christ is Lord, even when your mind and the enemy tries to steal this from you.
For it is by faith that you will know Gods love for you in Jesus.
It was by faith in Gods love, that I learned to see His love. :)
And be prepared to be dazzled, delighted, humbled, and loved perfectly!

You remain in my prayers in Jesus, for all that is the love that is already yours in Jesus.

God bless
pickles

Jun 18, 2013
General, Jesus didnt die on the cross for those who were perfect, He died for us while we were still sinners.
He became sin for us, so we would be and know we are acceptable and loved by God.
Ask yourself this, how many times must Jesus take the cross to convince you of His love for you?
I ask this for you so you will know that you are loved more than you can begin to fathom, with a love so filled with mercy, understanding, and delight for you it would take an eternity to know. :)
You do not have to punish yourself to be wanted and loved by God, He sent Jesus to take that punishment so you would not have to ask if you are wanted and loved, because God loves you.
Every person struggles with this, I know I did, still do sometimes, believing that I am loved by God, Jesus, as I am.
Mostly due to an abusive past, but Jesus showed me that its not about our being worthy, He loves us just as we are.
We dont need to carry anything to God to be loved, He loved us first.
You dont have to beat yourself down to feel loved or wanted, God already loves and wants you.
Simply lift your hands to Jesus, He is already waiting to take hold of them, and lift you up, so you can walk side by side with Him.
Believe in faith in the love spoken to you in scripture, in Jesus Christ is Lord, even when your mind and the enemy tries to steal this from you.
For it is by faith that you will know Gods love for you in Jesus.
It was by faith in Gods love, that I learned to see His love. :)
And be prepared to be dazzled, delighted, humbled, and loved perfectly!

You remain in my prayers in Jesus, for all that is the love that is already yours in Jesus.

God bless
pickles
Amen Lord Amen