Self Image

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Sweetheart996

I don't know if this is just me or alot of girls, so if you could all help me I would appreciate it!

I feel like I'm soo ugly and fat! But, people always tell me I'm beautiful and fine. I know we should be happy with ourselves because that's how God has made us, but sometimes it is just REALLY hard! Is it just me who feels this way, or do other too?

1still_waters

That's just stinkin negative thinkin. Everyone deals with negative self thoughts on some level. Best thing to do is replace them with positive self thoughts.

B

BeauBLESSED

You're not alone, dude. :)

L

limegreenone

I used to feel like that a lot, too. But then I realized, God makes everything beautiful! Even if our flawed human eyes can't see the beauty, God still finds it absolutely stunning!

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well."
-Psalm 139:14

God made you a beautiful you. :)

B

BeauBLESSED

I used to feel like that a lot, too. But then I realized, God makes everything beautiful! Even if our flawed human eyes can't see the beauty, God still finds it absolutely stunning!

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well."
-Psalm 139:14

God made you a beautiful you. :)
God bless you Limey. I hope you'll always be happy in life!

L

Love009

I know what you mean, it can get hard, especially for girls, listen to the song, Mirror, by Barlowgirl :)

K

Krissy1250

You know, sometimes I feel like I look great and other times I look way younger than what I am and am not comfortable with my body. Everyone goes through that, trust me! Have a wonderful day!

S

Sweetheart996

Actually I'm starting to see myself as a good person, I mean, it is going to take awhile, nothing just *poofs* and it's fixed, but I'm working on it with God's help. He's the best at giving advice ;)

QuestionTime

Feb 16, 2010
I don't know if this is just me or alot of girls, so if you could all help me I would appreciate it!

I feel like I'm soo ugly and fat! But, people always tell me I'm beautiful and fine. I know we should be happy with ourselves because that's how God has made us, but sometimes it is just REALLY hard! Is it just me who feels this way, or do other too?

Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.

Quest

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
We are all beautiful and ugly in our own ways. Someone might be physically beautiful to others but to themselves they see ugliness because they see the things that other people dont see. Truth is that even the most beautiful people in the world have that same internal struggle. What it comes down to is choice. You can either choose to focus on the things that make you beautiful or you can focus on the things that do not. Everyone has to make that choice no matter how beautiful they appear on the outside. For some the choice is easy but for others it may be a struggle at first.

Remember that true beauty is really something that the eye cannot see. Its something that we sense through our hearts.

Last edited: