seperation in marriage

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

genesis2629

I need advice pleease help

Z

zaoman32

What specifically are you looking for advice about? It's difficult to talk about separation without knowing what you're asking

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
In response to the little you have given us, sometimes separation is very good - other times it is not.

If you really want advice, you either need to pray and listen to what the Lord is telling you - or be more specific in what you are asking from us. I would first advise you to listen to what the Lord is telling you in your spirit. We are here to confirm that or tell you that it is not according to what is written in God's word.

A

atwhatcost

You didn't give enough to advice specifically, but I can give some general. Check the Bible for what God's word says. Do a word study on Marriage and Divorce. (If you don't know how, grab a Strong's Concordance and a Vine's Expository. Between the two they'll give you many scriptures on the subjects. You can get them, and then some, for free through eSword.net. You'll also need to download a KJV+ version of the Bible, just to go along with Strong's concordance. Might want your preferred version too, if KJV vexes you like it vexes me. lol)

Let the word speak to you. This helped hubby. He was married before and truly believed the "until death do you part" part. The first time he studied God's word, it taught him to stick with her. (Bold, since she cheated on him.) The second time God released him. (She did it twice, but he was willing to stay, if that's what God would have him do.)

God's word is like that. If you are open to hear him through it, he will give you the answer he wants from you that time.

And, if I didn't study it on my own, I would have had a serious problem marrying a divorced man. (Doubly serious, since I was already head-over-heels in love with him.)

S

soccermom19

I need advice pleease help
We are here to help. Please let us know what type of advice you seek.
I can let you know of my own struggle in the hopes it will help you. I am currently separated from my husband of almost 19 years. After the first confirmed time that he cheated, I forgave him and tried to move on with our marriage. After the second confirmed time, I told him to leave. He says he wants to work it out and come home. Yet, he has slept with two women that I know about since we separated and I recently found out about a third woman he slept with before we separated. Its hard to tell how many there have been over the years. I have forgiven him. Yet, I am not allowing him back.
For me, a separation has allowed me time to grieve, to pray, and to come to terms with my failing marriage. It has given me time to cope and make new discoveries. When I separated it was in hope of reconciliation. I now know that is very unlikely to happen. For me, separation has been a good thing.
I will pray for you and I encourage you to tell us more. Feel free to private message me if you wish. There is also a separation/divorce support group on this site if you click on the community tab and then on chat groups.
God Bless!