Share Your Insights

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Matt777

After spending some time in prayer, I've felt moved to share some insights and, more importantly, ask you, my brothers and sisters in Christ, for your insights. I pray that we may all hear the word of the Lord through each others insights, and that if the Lord has a word for any particular individual, that they may hear it. I'll begin with some insights I had earlier.

Life is so fragile, so short. We cannot do anything of our selves, we cannot even muster the strength to take a breath without the grace of God. I was walking through a cemetery earlier today, huge numbers of gravestones lay all around me, most of them with crosses and some even with bible verses adorning them. And it just dawned on me...the vast majority of the people that lay in these graves will awaken one day to stand before God and will be thrown into the eternal fires of Hell. Every moment of every day so many people are passing into death, and for most of them wrath is the only thing in their future. Brother and sisters in Christ, what are we doing?!

I remember about a year ago an associate of mine died suddenly from a vicodin overdose. The night he died he called me, asking if I needed any weed. I could have told him no, that I don't do that any more, that Jesus Christ saved me. I could have told him about Christ, I could have shared something of the gospel with him. Instead, I said no thanks I'm good, hit me up man. That night he died. It breaks my heart...knowing that he will most likely end up in Hell...to think if only I would have shared Christ with him...I don't know if it would have made a difference, but the fact that I didn't do it...it just breaks my heart.

How many of us have family members, beloved family members, that we know full well are on their way to Hell? Do we spend hours and hours in prayer, pleading the blood of Christ for their salvation? Do we even share Christ with them half the time? No we don't...I'm ashamed of myself...I can sit around in my nice air conditioned room surfing the internet and watching TV, knowing full well that by the grace of God in Jesus Christ I have access to Almighty God's throne of grace....and I don't pray for those that are lost.

Oh brothers and sisters how often do we dispute with each other, how often do we debate and nag each other about inconsequential matters of trivial doctrine, while the whole world around us is heading off a cliff into Hell?! How often do we try to do all these things in the meager power of our flesh, rather than seeking God for empowerment by the Holy Spirit? How often do we distract ourselves with frivolous entertainment and worldly pursuits, rather than fighting for the Kingdom of God?!

I am utterly guilty in all of these areas...I stand before you all as an abject failure...and I pray that God may lavish us all with the grace we so desperately need to wage this war...

Brothers and sisters something big is on the horizon, I feel it in my bones...many trials and tribulations lay ahead, and we all know that we are not ready...the demonic is pouring over into this world more and more with each passing day, people are cannibalizing each other, murder and rape are rampant, millions are dying behind crack pipes and hypodermic needles. Where is the church?! What are we doing?!

Oh beloved brethren in Christ, we need to understand just how utterly weak and in need of grace we are. No flesh can overcome the things that are soon coming upon this world. Only by the power of the Holy Spirit will we be able to do anything to advance the Kingdom of God. So many of us have reduced Jesus to a kind of exejesus, seeking doctrine at the expense of devotion, using the intellect of the flesh rather than the guidance of the spirit. Let us put these divisions aside and seek our Lord and Master, that he might strengthen our frail souls and guide us into understanding of what he would have us to do...

I'm sorry for going on so long, I tend to ramble when I get fired up. Any way, I'd love to hear your insights, what has God put on your heart recently?

shawntc

May 7, 2010
Something that has long been churning in me is the knowledge vs. faith matter. I have been blessed with the ability to understand a lot of things. Almost everyone who has met me will agree that I'm a pretty smart dude. And that extends into my religion, as well. I know a lot about God and the Bible, the kind of information that takes people more years to learn than what has taken me. In fact I wonder if my knowledge isn't on par with some level of a seminary student, despite having never attended seminary. I could probably answer a lot of questions - although obviously there are areas which I'm not bright in.

However, all this knowledge doesn't equate with faith. I know enough apologetic material to convert many an atheist. Yet do I have a stable faith myself? Honestly, no. I still doubt from time to time, more than I'd care to admit. You see, knowledge does not equate to faith. Action equates to faith. And that's something I and everyone needs to do. I don't mean to downplay the importance of knowledge - it's very good to have - but if you don't have an active faith of serving God, then what good is any of that knowledge?

This is something I've struggled with. I know a ton of stuff, but how well do I apply it? How often do I say to myself, "I may not understand exactly how this is going to happen, or when God is going to act, but I will simply have faith this will be done"? Not as often as I need. Too often I look more at doctrine instead of being a disciple. I think sometimes I need to step away from the logical arguments for God and Jesus. I need to say that those can only take me so far. Now I must do what is surely difficult for every human: trust in God. Let God do what he wants to do, no matter how in the dark I may be or how difficult it would be for me. My thoughts are not his thoughts. His grace is sufficient for me. Get going, and get trusting.

M

Matt777

Amen brother, I find myself struggling with the same thing. Your words ring very true with me, thanks for sharing.

N

NinJaGGS

Something I heard from Al-Anon material

You didn't cause it, You can't control it, You can't cure it --- You can contribute to it, or you can cope
(it = alcoholism, but it stands for x, whatever x equals for you is for you to determine)

that deals with specifically with living with an alcoholic, but it seems applicable in a lot of areas for me

The past has passed, the future has not yet come, therefore the only thing real is the present moment, this moment in time is where we can have a personal relationship with God

It is very easy to be swept off our feet by thoughts... thoughts must be controlled, otherwise we end up in very bad places..

I realized about myself that God doesn't need to punish me, I do all this punishment myself...

If we can cultivate an attitude of thankfulness for all that may come to us (the bad things as well as the good) then we can extract the poison of discontent, malice, hatred, envy, greed, gluttony and so on and so forth. Humility and thankfulness are two attitudes blessed by God.

Glory to God for all things! It is a very good thing that I'm not in charge!

You think its bad now? what would it be like if the devil had his way?

Being merciful to oneself is just as important as being merciful to others, but being merciful does not equate to making excuses.

Thanks for listening, even if you disagree :)