Share your past

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MeanJeanMissionary

when i was younger my mother was very physically abusive towards me and my two older siblings them more than i because they protected me from her. To this day she is two different people the wonderful lady that everyone sees at church and the verbally abusive mother at home. growing up she didnt want to take care of me but we couldnt afford daycare so she would take me to all of the local christian preschools so i learned about God at a very early age but i also learned that church was a safe place if i was at church or one of the preschools mom was a nice person so i loved going to church. probably until i was 7 or 8 i knew everything about God i could learn but i wasnt really at church for a relationship with God i was just there to be safe and happy.

I am the Christian i am today because of my mother if it werent for her lack of love i honestly dont know if i would truly embrace the love of Christ and want to share it with people every where. I dont honestly know if i would want to be a missionary right now if she werent my mother. also i wouldnt have the amazing relationships i have with older ladies in my church if i had that mother daughter relationship at home. but if i didnt have her as a mother i dont know if my sister would be unwed and pregnant right now or my dad would be as sick as he is right now or if i would have been so depressed in the past or if i would have hurt my self in the past. Her lack of love and care has made me who I am today but her physical and verbal abuse made me who i was in the past. I thank God everyday he blessed me with an amazing father and an amazing older brother who pretty much plays the role of parent for me because without them i probably wouldnt be here today to tell this story.

M

MeanJeanMissionary

also my father worked two full time jobs until i was 10 so he wasnt home to know what was going on he is an amazing strong Christian man who loves his children more than anything in the world.

shawntc

May 7, 2010
I was raised in a way where God wasn't discussed, more out of simple apathy than anything else. And for all intents and purposes I should still be a religionless person, buuut God had a different idea. It wasn't my family that got me saved, it was the fact I unknowingly surrounded myself with Christian friends in high school, one of whom would be involved in a miraculous healing of me, and also History Channel (yep, my testimony is a bit wonky). I started off in the Assemblies of God since that was the church type closest to my house. When I moved to Kansas my grandmother came with us and started attending to. Apparently in a way I brought her back to God (irony!). But after four years of Pentecostal hyperness, I decided it just wasn't the thing for me and I'm currently denominationless as I search for a new church.

E

EnaGoguette

MY TESTIMONY
My past [Ha, u think just 'cause i'm 14, i don't have a past story:p] I was always raised in the church, but i never exactly took it as serious, and that caused great troubles. I made not-so-gud friends, who led me in the wrong path, and eventually it went too far: I got a tracking form all due 2 horse-playing in class; that was the worst day of my life. I eventually forgave them 4 what they did and moved on. Not only did I make not-so-gud friends at school, but also at church, as u might know, kids at church nowadays don't luv Jesus; they have no zest 4 Christ, and it's heart-breaking, because i was once one. And ever since i became a christian, i stopped speaking 2 such people, because 1) they say i act like an 'adult' all because i praise God in His presence, unilike them. 2) i'm not as 'fun' as i was b4 i became a christian.and 3) they aren't true christians at heart, they think fakin' it is o.k. It sometimes troubles me, 2 know that i no longer have physical friends 2 talk 2, or u know, be a 'teenager' with, and i sometimes i feel alone, but then i remember that my God exists, He luvs me, and nowadays, i show my luv with out a care in the world, i know now that i go 2 the Lord's Presence 2 serve Him and Honor His Great name. Accepting Christ wasn't easy, but being a pre-teen during that time was even harder, and i'm still struggling with it, but i know all the things i'm going through will come 2 pass, and i'm just countin' down the days 2 c my Savior and c His glorious face, i can't wait!! Please pray 4 me, u know i'm gonna need it in a world like this; Hey, did i tell u that now these peole who i was gud with, long ago, at church have become my 'enemies', the Devil uses them 2 put me down [they make other friends, just 2 try 2 make me envious; jealous of them; they do it 2 get revenge on me or something like that], but i've forgiven them, and what they do is none of my concern, God bless u and thank u 4 reading my testimony of God's gracious luv towards me!:) U can check out my profile if u wanna learn more about this humble JesusFreak, whose tryin' 2 seriously 2 remain in the house of God 4 all time and find gud christian friends 2 simply talk 2 and 2 find encouragement from.:) Gbu once more

Last edited:
V

violakat

MY TESTIMONY
My past [Ha, u think just 'cause i'm 14, i don't have a past story:p] I was always raised in the church, but i never exactly took it as serious, and that caused great troubles. I made not-so-gud friends, who led me in the wrong path, and eventually it went too far: I got a tracking form all due 2 horse-playing in class; that was the worst day of my life. I eventually forgave them 4 what they did and moved on. Not only did I make not-so-gud friends at school, but also at church, as u might know, kids at church nowadays don't luv Jesus; they have no zest 4 Christ, and it's heart-breaking, because i was once one. And ever since i became a christian, i stopped speaking 2 such people, because 1) they say i act like an 'adult' all because i praise God in His presence, unilike them. 2) i'm not as 'fun' as i was b4 i became a christian.and 3) they aren't true christians at heart, they think fakin' it is o.k. It sometimes troubles me, 2 know that i no longer have physical friends 2 talk 2, or u know, be a 'teenager' with, and i sometimes i feel alone, but then i remember that my God exists, He luvs me, and nowadays, i show my luv with out a care in the world, i know now that i go 2 the Lord's Presence 2 serve Him and Honor His Great name. Accepting Christ wasn't easy, but being a pre-teen during that time was even harder, and i'm still struggling with it, but i know all the things i'm going through will come 2 pass, and i'm just countin' down the days 2 c my Savior and c His glorious face, i can't wait!! Please pray 4 me, u know i'm gonna need it in a world like this; Hey, did i tell u that now these peole who i was gud with, long ago, at church have become my 'enemies', the Devil uses them 2 put me down [they make other friends, just 2 try 2 make me envious; jealous of them; they do it 2 get revenge on me or something like that], but i've forgiven them, and what they do is none of my concern, God bless u and thank u 4 reading my testimony of God's gracious luv towards me!:) U can check out my profile if u wanna learn more about this humble JesusFreak, whose tryin' 2 seriously 2 remain in the house of God 4 all time and find gud christian friends 2 simply talk 2 and 2 find encouragement from.:) Gbu once more
Little One, you have gone through much and will go through much. Stay strong in the little things, for God will be able to use you in the bigger things as time goes on, because you will learn how to remain strong and true.

chip

Banned
Aug 29, 2012
Complete loss of family by age 18 (grandparents, aunts and uncles, two sisters, two brothers, and parents, through death by disease and man made causes, though one was kidnapped and never to be seen again. Very real abandonment issues lead to an equally massive explosion. God got to clean up the mess.

Still learning to cope. Recent betrayal has brought all of those abandonment issues back into focus, with an even smaller support base than I had before! But, God will get me through this somehow, someday, someway. In the mean time, prayer, helping my four real friends and living day to day.

A

answers

Chip,

Loosing all your family members is probably something not many in this world could relate to, but that makes you a masterpiece.
You do still have family, we are all your sisters and brothers. Lean us, but without fear of us letting you down because God will ALWAYS be there for you. We are only human, we are going to make mistakes and you will not understand them all, but God does and his picture is so large and magnificent that none of us humans could ever see it as a whole. We get bits and pieces and keep moving forward in his word. Your bits and pieces are more unique than I have ever heard and I bet that makes you a bigger threat to the devil. Keep in touch, and keep us posted I would love to hear the wonderful works of God you accomplish.
With love

O

oracle2world

In the past? Parents splitting when I was young. No money. Moving around a lot. The usual "dysfunctional" stuff people use as excuses later in life. Oh, and having to disabuse people of their beliefs I would fail.

On the other hand, you can view a bumpy childhood as sort of a 'boot camp', where nothing much will faze you later on. Pressure that makes other people fold is just no big deal to you.

It helps to be stubborn too. Stubborn to succeed.

Apr 29, 2012
Lucy68;684870. The sower doesn't always see the harvest[/QUOTE said:
I really needed to hear that part - thanks

gideon007

Jun 30, 2012
something we ask God why things have to be this way and that way...people who are close and dear to our hearts seems to be the ones who will hurt us...

i just remember the story of joseph the dreamer where his older brothers envy him much and that led them to kill Joseph but along the way God has a greater plan...

just want to share this verse, this is one of my favorite verse

Gen 50:20 As far as you're concerned, you were planning evil against me, but God intended it for good....

J

Jemuel

past? A blast to my past! I thank the Lord no matter how horrible my past is. No matter how horrible the past is, I still look back. In my darkest hours, somebody showed who Jesus is. To sum it up.....I came from a broken home. Given no attention in the family. I felt like I was unable to express myself since I always ended up wrong. Never given a priority. I studied underneath a street light. The head of the family left us. Never been sent to college. Been a fish vendor while I was making my way up to college. My mom forced me to live the house because of my faith.....I am glad there was a Jesus who died for me on the cross of calvary. This truth keeps me going on. Everyone dies but not everyone truly lives.

In my christian walk, I learned that it doesn't matter whether the situation is good or bad. What matters is that Jesus is with you. Thru tears and joy, let's trust Jesus. When everything seems to fail, I know in my heart God's love never fails.

Glory, glory to the risen king

I

iRuben

Well, I used to be Ganfalf the Grey.. and..
Oh wait.. wrong story.

Actually, being serious, I did so many bad things that you guys would probably not even reply to me. I don't wanna shock anyone so, if anyone wants to hear my story I can say it in private.. :)

S

sunikpor

Hmmm let me just share a little of mine. I was referred to as a "slow poison" becos i'm a quiet person naturally but i commit evil secretly. No one would easily suspect me. Although my dad was a pastor, that didn't help becos salvation is personal. When i met with the Saviour, my life never remained thesame. Those evils i committed then, whenever i develop the thought of doing them now, i get a rebuke from the Holy Spirit. Glory be to God in the Highest... Amen!

P

psychomom

MY TESTIMONY
I just wanted to tell you--
I love you.
ellie