Should a Christian watch stand-up comedy

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
just like with rock music, all stand-up comedy is not sinful. there are " borderline" jokes that all of humanity would laugh at that i laugh at & that Jesus may not laugh at.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Whether we laugh or not is not really the issue - what we "take in" (eyes, ears, mind) on a regular basis is the issue.

If someone tells the right kind of "dirty joke" (that is not instantly too objectionable), I may in fact laugh because it struck me as being funny. A laugh in that case is merely a reaction - because it was actually funny. It is simply the honest truth. That in of itself is not necessarily a sin or a problem.

What is important is a matter of "what we fill ourselves up with" - because, everything that we "take in" can affect the way we think - good or bad.

May 29, 2013
Hi all,
I have been having a bit of a spring clean at home and I came across a lot of my old stand-up comedy DVD's. I was wondering should a Christian be watching this?

Is there anywhere in the Bible that speaks about this?
Many thanks 😊
When I was in college, I was walking through the student center. There was a huge room down there, and I think more than one of the black fraternities had gotten together and invited Chris Rock to do a show. It was free for students, so I went in and started listening to his routine.

But part-way through, it just got so nasty that I walked out. I didn't go up there and slap him, though. Someone else did that later on in his life.