Should all Calvinism V.S NonCalvinism, OSAS v.s Not, etc. be locked?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Should these threads be locked?

• Yes.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • No.

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • It doesn't matter to me.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DavidLOVESsnow

Mar 4, 2014
Should all of these never-ending arguments be locked?

Some have been going on for months and seem to have no end in sight. Should we request the admins to lock these debates up? What is your opinion? [I will not be voting].

U

Ugly

So people can start new threads on them? What's the point? And mods aren't going to run around looking for new one to shut down by attempting to ban the subjects. If the admins wanted them locked, they would do it already. They are giving people freedoms here. Shutting down these topics, even if they are non-stop debates, will only serve to shrink the site.

1still_waters

We rarely lock threads. There are various reasons for rarely closing threads.
For the most part, if one doesn't like a series of threads, they can simply not open them.
If there becomes way too many, then we'll deal with it.
Sometimes these topic issues come in waves.

Very little emotional trauma is being inflicted upon people through having to view the thread titles.
Again, if we see a huge build up on a certain topic, we'll deal with it.

Sometimes the drama and flack we'd get from closing a thread would just create more work for us. Of course not closing them creates work for us too. :p

Hmm..which faction do I want to get flack from today??? *ponders* :p

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Well God bless you for taking the flack and continuing on with this!

Dec 19, 2009
Should all of these never-ending arguments be locked?

Some have been going on for months and seem to have no end in sight. Should we request the admins to lock these debates up? What is your opinion? [I will not be voting].
Why would someone want a debate to be locked?