Should I or not?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Crypto

Nov 14, 2009
I am supposed to leave to go to Lebanon on Thursday and I'm struggling with going, there have been 2 bombings recently there in the area where I will be and the US Department of State issued a travel warning for the area I will be in... so my dilemma is should I still go? The missionary I am going to help has told me it isn't safe but lots of mission fields aren't safe. Any advice? I can get a refund on my ticket if I choose not to go.

M

mamasan

Are you going as a missionary called by God to go to Lebanon? Or is this a mission trip you thought of by yourself?

Crypto

Nov 14, 2009
It's a mission trip I felt God opened the door for...

Dec 12, 2013
I am supposed to leave to go to Lebanon on Thursday and I'm struggling with going, there have been 2 bombings recently there in the area where I will be and the US Department of State issued a travel warning for the area I will be in... so my dilemma is should I still go? The missionary I am going to help has told me it isn't safe but lots of mission fields aren't safe. Any advice? I can get a refund on my ticket if I choose not to go.
God said, Men cast lots and the whole disposing thereof is of the Lord....pray hard and toss a coin and go with the answer. I know I would get mouthed for that, but truth be known, I do this all the time and when I second guess myself (the coin), it usually does not go as good for me. :)

Oct 31, 2011
God said, Men cast lots and the whole disposing thereof is of the Lord....pray hard and toss a coin and go with the answer. I know I would get mouthed for that, but truth be known, I do this all the time and when I second guess myself (the coin), it usually does not go as good for me. :)
This is not so far fetched. In scripture it talks of the high priest wearing an ephod, and somehow the Urim and Thummim was connected to this garment. The Urim and Thummim were used when there was a question of what God wanted them to do about something of national importance. It was never used after King David. Scripture is very vague about it, no one is sure about what this all meant, but it did show them what God wanted. It was never used for personal questions, only national ones.

Ezr 2:63 the governor told them that they were not to partake of the most holy food, until there should be a priest to consult Urim and Thummim.

Num 27:21 But he shall stand before Eleazar the priest, who shall inquire for him by the decision of the Urim before the LORD; at his word they shall go out, and at his word they shall come in, both he and all the Israelites with him, the whole congregation."

S

Searchlight

Here is what I would do. Pray to The Lord that He will guide you in to an answer by His Spirit. When you have done that if you are spirit filled (speak in tongues) ask the Holy Spirit to pray on your behalf for an answer. Keep praying in tongues until you feel either peace in your heart/spirit which means yes or you feel your heart really heavy and your spirit perturbed which means no. If you do not speak in tongues same thing apples. Spirit feels peace = yes not at peace= no.

B

BeanieD

If you feel that God has truely opened the door for you to go, then it is time to really pray about it. If God has truely called you to go then you would be wrong not to go. In your praying, be sincere and open to what ever God may reveal to you.

If you do go, I pray for God's protection over you and those you are with. The word of God shall not be destroyed.

Blessings