should i stay or should i go? help..-_-

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Z

zero_lover101

My boyfriend and I have been together for 3 and a half years. When we got together he was a christian and I was not, but I became one after a few months of dating him. We were on the straight and narrow, but then we began to stray a bit. Lately we've been doing things I know God doesn't approve of, but everytime we try to stop, we always fail. I'm starting to wonder if we should break up, get on the right path and maybe try again sometime in the future, but I don't know. what do you guys think? Any advice would be appreciated.

U

Ugly

hi zero
Well, lets put it this way. Are you two showing you're mature enough to handle a relationship? The more time you spend together, the worse this is going to get. Every time you give in a little, the more you'll give in next time. I promise, if you keep things as they are you will have a major regret in both your lives neither of you will be able to take back. Obviously you've shown you can't handle being alone together. So its time to consider if you're ready or not. I urge you to be very careful at this point.

Z

zero_lover101

So how do you think i should call it off? i guess you would call it heh i dont wanna hurt him..

P

Parker

I think that firstly you should pray for strength, and let him know how you feel. that God is letting you know that if you continue down this path, you will have no choice but to put your fellowship with Christ on the backburner (the reason i say this is because when you are in sin, you are away from God). and that isn't what the Holy Spirit would lead you to do. It is by no means going to be easy, but you will be blessed and rewarded for your obedience to the Lord.

Z

zero_lover101

hmmm okay. Thank you:)

U

Ugly

So how do you think i should call it off? i guess you would call it heh i dont wanna hurt him..
Thats understandable. No one wants to hurt the people they care about, but in our walks with Christ our decisions can't be decided off of that. We have to make the right decisions, and sometimes people will be hurt by that.
I'm not saying if you should or shouldn't stay together. But if the only reason is to not hurt him, you need to rethink the relationship and your priorities then.

Stuey

Aug 17, 2009
Not spending time alone in any sort of private place may help you. Your focus needs to be on God first, always God first, if you aren't putting God first then there is an issue you both need to address.