Should people try to be shaved?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Justcuz

Banned: 13 forum posts with blatant lies about CC
Jul 6, 2012
Sometimes i don't have the time to shave, and sometimes i just prefer to look scruffy.
That look is all the rage these days, especially when you combine it with longer hair and worn out clothes.

It's like the cool kids these days don't even even try to look decent anymore.

Your thoughts please?

Last edited:
F

Fractal_Curve

Grow an epic beard like a true Nord!

N

nw2u

It didn't work out too well for Samson.

Dec 19, 2009
Sometimes i don't have the time to shave, and sometimes i just prefer to look scruffy.
That look is all the rage these days, especially when you combine it with longer hair and worn out clothes.

Your thoughts please?
I believe men should keep their hair short. Paul thought so. I’m not aware of any rules saying you have to shave.

JimJimmers

Apr 26, 2012
I shave about once a week, it's a pain to do it every day. I don't think God cares.

U

Ugly

I haven't shaved my face in over 2 years. :eek:

AsifinPassing

Jul 13, 2010
Grow an epic beard like a true Nord!
Eldar Srolls much?

I've got the manly beard of gizzleness! You can go either way, but beards have a longer, more complex history.

I also find them quote dashing on most gents...

O

OFM

me too a little scuffy right now i do shave for church most of the time.

B

Bea22

Shaving for church is a must. It's all about looking your best for God :) .. but I do like a couple days old facial hair ... on men haha

dliz

Filipino Room/Forum Moderator
Jun 13, 2012

Your thoughts please?
If you want to look and decent then shave it but i know some people look good with their mustache/beard on. And some guys refuse to shave it because they look young without it. My dad has a mustache and i think he looks good with it. It really depends on you.

O

OFM

shaving is a hairy issue

U

Ugly

Shaving for church is a must. It's all about looking your best for God :) .. but I do like a couple days old facial hair ... on men haha
I think if God had the choice of a suit and tie man sitting in his pew disinterested, vs some scruffy guy in jeans and a t-shirt and flip flops who's engaged and learning, which do you think God honors more?
Dressing up for church is a culture issue. I don't dress up to pray, or read my bible or listen to a sermon at home, i don't need to do it to go to a building either.

H

HannahColleen

I really don't think it matters much to God, sure everything matters to him, but I think it's more of a custom thing, back in the Bible time they didn't shave. It is up to whatever the guy prefers. I will say though, in my personal opinion, guys look way better shaved.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I shave every day. Face and head.

B

Bea22

I think if God had the choice of a suit and tie man sitting in his pew disinterested, vs some scruffy guy in jeans and a t-shirt and flip flops who's engaged and learning, which do you think God honors more?
Dressing up for church is a culture issue. I don't dress up to pray, or read my bible or listen to a sermon at home, i don't need to do it to go to a building either.

Sigh. Back to this argument about whether God looks at the heart, or whether appearance doesn't matter at all.
Well, if you feel at peace with turning up scruffy to church, go for it.
No, it's not all about appearances cos they can be deceiving. Someone in an expensive suit mightn't have the heart like someone who can't afford shoes.
But if you have the money, clothes or razor -- and inclination -- then you are going to give Him that effort at the least, instead of looking like you just crawled out of bed to get to church.
Yes, He looks at the heart. Yes, you can do what you like at home. Yes, some people just go to church to be seen and show off their outfits.
Keep your balance and there shouldn't be an issue.

H

Helloimandrewyo

Actually, the only scripture i can think of mentioning shaving says not to shave. LOL

Oh what a silly hedonistic society we live in.

E

episcopotic

"There are two types of people that go around beardless; boys and women, and I am neither." - old Greek saying

"He that hath a beard is more than a youth; and he that hath no beard is less than a man." - Beatrice

"I'm doing a film now with a lot of guys as well, so at the end of that I will be growing a beard." - Keira Knightley