Should we focus on sin or love?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

JessicaMae

Sometimes I think people are so focused on whether or not they are a good Christian, that they forgot what Christ has taught us. They are to focused on not sinning. Yes He did teach not to sin, but should that be our main priority? Shouldn't our main priority be to love everyone and help however we can? Jesus came here not to teach us how not to sin, because the Holy Spirit changes our heart, but how to love others as He has loved us and to give all we have to those in need. I really recommend you take the 5:40 to watch this video, it really has opened my eyes. Here is the link, I don't know how to put the video in my thread, sorry. For those who watch it, what do you think?
The "Unforgivable" Sin - YouTube
And no it is not about blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

P

ptlman

We definitely have to respond in love. In prison, you don't want to go around pointing your finger at what the different people are doing. The most impact that I had ministering to people was just showing them love. I didn't condemn or judge them, which provided me with respect from them. This opened a door to minister to them.

We have to know that when we love on the unlovable, we are doing what Christ did for us. This will allow them to see their wrong and to admit their sin to the LORD. Love is what it is all about!!!!!

Feb 5, 2013
There's always a balance. Love others and teach them not to sin. Both are important. you cannot take away the other one. If you focus on " Love others" alone, you will produce a weak-minded christian who are not aware of right or wrong and keep on sinning. I'd rather say ," teach them the Truth and the truth will set them free."

J

jimmydiggs

Sometimes I think people are so focused on whether or not they are a good Christian, that they forgot what Christ has taught us. They are to focused on not sinning. Yes He did teach not to sin, but should that be our main priority? Shouldn't our main priority be to love everyone and help however we can? Jesus came here not to teach us how not to sin, because the Holy Spirit changes our heart, but how to love others as He has loved us and to give all we have to those in need. I really recommend you take the 5:40 to watch this video, it really has opened my eyes. Here is the link, I don't know how to put the video in my thread, sorry. For those who watch it, what do you think?
The "Unforgivable" Sin - YouTube
And no it is not about blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.
I lost interest when I saw who it was.

stefen

Jun 14, 2013
If we focus on Love, we cannot sin. That's the logic here. Jesus Loved so much. That's why He was not able to sin.

If we focus on sin, we are still under control of Old testament, as per romans 6. So, better we live under control of Love.

Thanks and be blessed.

D

djness

Jesus balanced love with letting people know their would be judgement.

Oct 31, 2011
If we focus on love it leads us to law, for law is God's instructions on how to show love in our lives.

P

psychomom

If we focus on love it leads us to law, for law is God's instructions on how to show love in our lives.
If we focus on Christ, as believers should, it leads us to love.

Bookends

Aug 28, 2012
By not correcting sin in others and allowing them to continue in sin will do damage to them for there are consequences to sin (especially a Christian, who should know better). Is it true love to allow some to continue in sin knowing that down the road they will face the consequences, either in this life time or the next? However, we must be careful in how we do it, with gentleness, lowliness, and with respect, and maybe not as soon as we notice it. We need to make sure and familiar ourselves with all the facts and circumstances first. Make sure you admit your sin too, before you point out the sin in others. Read Matt. 7 on how to judge. Also, don't say anything to a person who you know won't be receptive to in, for arrogance or their big ego, for this is what it is meant by not give what is holy to the dogs and casting pearls before swine (Matt. 7:6,
[SUP]6 [/SUP]“Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.)..

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
That's false.

Romans 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

If we focus on the Lord Jesus Christ we abide in Love.

E

eternally-gratefull

Love does not lead us to law. It fulfills the law. Because when your focused on love, you will not break the law.

It is when we focus inward that we sin..