Show I saw on TV

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jordache

I was flipping through the channels yesterday and I happened across a Christian station. I stopped for a while and watched as a middle aged man literally stood on a box inthe middle of a town square and yelled at the top of his lungs at a crowd that was no doubt gathered to figure out what this crazy person was doing. The show was specifically addressing evolutionists. The man yelled at the top of his lungs at this 18-yr-old kid. Was what he was sayin truth? Yes to a certain extent. The kid was very self-controlled and the man was speaking out of concern, but it was a screaming fit. I wanted to yank that Christian off of his soap box and yell at him myself.
The boy professed belief in "God" and evolution, and the apologist took to tearing this kids philosophy apart point by point. Yes, he even struck some points in the kid that he believed were solid, but were not.... However, for the most part this kid couldn't argue with the crazy Christian man so he "agreed" with much of what he said. And as a result the man communicated clearly with the boy, "I don't care what you believe. You're wrong and I'm right."
Now, God can use anything, but there are limited cases when some crazy old man standing on a box screaming gospel is going to do any kingdom good. The man just looked angry and arrogant. The boy may have thought about what he believed, but he wasn't loved into the kingdom. Why don't people understand that it's human nature to become defensive when we are argued with and that defensiveness makes us firmer in our "faith" even if we seem to agree with the opposing side in the moment? And I do believe there are bigger fish to fry than evolution. I'm sure that will tick some people off, but the fact is the bible is not a science book. The point of creation was not a presentation fact by fact. The point of creation was the importance and creation of man. The bible is thematic. Don't get me wrong, I don't believe in evolution, but I think there are much more important matters to discuss, and much better ways to do it than screaming at strangers on the street that they are going to hell.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
We had those at the college I went to. Even the christians disliked them and thought their message of spreading the word to be embarrassing.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Anybody screaming about anything sends me running in the opposite direction. It's very hard for me to sit through a 'fire and brimstone' sermon....even if everything the preacher says is true. Not because I don't want to hear the truth...it just seems to be delivered with hate or contempt.

S

shekaniah

Prayers sent :)
Thank you for bringing this to our attention :)
May this man be blessed with meekness and understanding.
In Jesus Name, Amen