Significance of St. Patrick's day, his amazing life, and a celtic memorial in song

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
[FONT=&quot]This quote is from this website:
https://www.crosswalk.com/faith/spiritual-life/the-life-of-saint-patrick-1129354.html
I hope you will got to the website, "CROSSWALK.COM" and read this story--
What we could do with faith like that!
What are we waiting for?
Christian, rise from your tormented insecurity and start raising the dead like Brother Patrick of Ireland--
Do you believe in Jesus? Then you just raised the dead!! youself!! as one pastor said--
Patrick prayed 100 prayers a day and more at night by the Holy Spirit!
I can do one maybe, after hours of rising above the days depression, man's deadly pills, floundering, worrying, paying attention to deceiving spirits that say we are worthless, have no value, weak, and hopeless-- being bombarded in a foxhole--
pitiful--
I hope you are not that pitiful--
Christians are not supposed to worry ourselves into a hospital--
WE'RE SUPPOSED TO STORM THE GATES OF HELL!! LIKE ST. PATRICK!
come on, let's get with it!
enough of the loser, weenie, whining bs...right!?

As one neighbor said: "BE WARRIORS!! NOT WORRIERS!!"
(that is copyrighted and trademark claimed by her)

THE LIFE OF ST PATRICK--
William J. Federer-March 14th, 2007:
"At age 16, Patrick was kidnapped by raiders and sold as a slave in Ireland. For six years he herded pigs on a Slemish farm. Repulsed by the Druid's human sacrifice, magic spells, and superstitions, from which Halloween originated, Patrick committed himself to Christ, as he later wrote: "The Lord opened the understanding of my unbelief, that, late as it was, I might remember my faults and turn to the Lord my God with all my heart; and He had regard to my low estate, and pitied my youth and ignorance, and kept guard over me even before I knew Him."
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Patrick's life became marked by intense prayer. He described an "inner monition" which he recognized as the Holy Spirit. He was led to escape to the seacoast, where he found a ship to freedom. As they left Ireland, a storm blew them to Gaul (France), where he lived in a monastery on the island of St. Honorat for several months."

<strong>[video=youtube;WTJUIYTtLv4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTJUIYTtLv4[/video]
[/FONT]

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
Some of my relatives were MacDonald's from Scotland, and may have been on board--
This is in memory of all lost that day--

[video=youtube;moaIzaUfP0Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moaIzaUfP0Y[/video]

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
[video=youtube;RrwcU-Q9xTM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrwcU-Q9xTM[/video]

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
[video=youtube;-dfCWF66D_o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dfCWF66D_o[/video]

Dec 4, 2017
I'd rather be acknowledging my Lord and Redeemer and the wave offering.

The wicked can revel like the days of Noah.

Feb 28, 2016
yes, it is indeed a sad day when we realize that many of our brothers and sisters refuse to do their home-work,
but instead choose to just 'sit back' and take this 'satanic world as it is presented to them...
heart-breaking, to say the lest...

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
yes, it is indeed a sad day when we realize that many of our brothers and sisters refuse to do their home-work,
but instead choose to just 'sit back' and take this 'satanic world as it is presented to them...
heart-breaking, to say the lest...
so, what's your point? you don't like St. Patrick? you don't like music? Celtic music? Jesus took the world as it is-- aside from His close friends, he preferred the company of the world's castaways instead of preaching to the choir-- that's where you save people; sometimes even yourself; by stepping out of the comfort zone of the taliban-approval stamped religious Christian-cloned, LDS-coffee coffin theology, Vatican bone-prison halloween idolatry, delusional "saved-and-sin" theology--
it doesn't matter too much what you believe, if you are on the titanic.

You could argue that St. Patrick was not even Catholic--by the book.
sometimes if you go by the book; the ship sinks; the plane goes down; the kid fails; the company tanks; the battle retreats; sometimes the same thing happens when you don't.
Jesus knew the difference; so did Saint/brother Patrick.