Signs That She is Taken (RED FLAGS!)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

See_KING_Truth

Recently, I made the mistake of getting mixed up with a female who already has a boyfriend. I had ignored all the warning signs that I received because I was following the lust of my flesh instead of the leading of my spirit.

I asked this beautiful girl from work for her number after only working at this place for a week and hardly seeing her. She asked me "Do you even know my name?" I said her name and she wrote down her number as she told me she was pleasantly surprised. I told her that I was intrigued and wanted to get to know her. Looking back, I suppose this was my first mistake, being that I asked a girl that I hardly knew for her phone number.

We spent the next week texting back and forth and calling one another on our breaks, nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Shortly after, I noticed the first RED FLAG that this girl might have a boyfriend:

- She rarely texted me outside of work.

Now I know that this is not grounds to automatically assume that somebody is taken. BUT it is a
RED FLAG.

From there, I was curious as to why she wouldn't text me while she wasn't at work, so I asked. She told me that she rarely carried her phone with her and that her only phone charger was in her car. I gave her the benefit of the doubt and let it go. I asked her if she wanted to go out Friday and she said yes.

On Friday we talked and it sounded like she was really excited to hang out with me. I texted her after work and didn't get a response. I called and didn't get an answer. Finally, after a weekend not hearing from her, she calls me on Sunday and asks if I want to do something Monday night.

In hindsight this should have occured to me as a RED FLAG:

- Setting a date for a weekend night and not being able to get ahold of her over the weekend. Then she gets ahold of you and wants to get together on a weekday.

The next day after work I call her and ask where her place is so I can pick her up for our date. The thing is, she didn't want me knowing where she lived. This occured immediately as a RED FLAG:

- She doesn't want you to know where she lives.

Once again I brushed it off and moved on. So we met up at a local plaza, did some shopping and went to see a movie. The date was great, probably the best one I have ever been on. By the way she was smiling I could see that she had enjoyed herself too. Then she told me that she didn't want anybody knowing that we were seeing each other; another RED FLAG:

- She wants to keep your dating a secret.

That night I had a dream that I was with this girl again. In the dream she kissed me and told me she didn't like me. I am a firm believer that God speaks to people in dreams, so for me, this is another RED FLAG:

- You have a dream of warning from God about the girl.

We went on texting and seeing each other at work, while trying to keep things on the downlow. I usually called her after work and didn't get an answer. Sometimes, when she actually did answer or call me back, we would be in the middle talking and she would suddenly have to go. Then other times she wouldn't even have her phone on. I was starting to notice a trend here, and it is another RED FLAG scenario:

- She doesn't answer or ignores your phone calls.
- She suddenly has hang up and doesn't call you back.
- She has her phone off around the time you usually call.

So another week of talking, a second date, and weekend of silence went by. Then one day, A couple of guys I started with at work, who knew I asked for her number, asked me how things were going. I told them that we rarely talked and met together outside of work. A couple of other guys who had spent close to a year working with her chimed in and said "Thats cuz she's got a boyfriend bro!"

I confronted her about it, got the truth out of her, and well....we don't talk anymore. Instead of being lead by the spirit and listening to the signs God was giving me. I was blindly lead by lust into a situation that I would never knowingly get myself into.

Last edited:
Z

zaoman32

Lust can be and is very debilitating.

It's easy to look like me and be over come by girls wanting to date you, but in all seriousness what I think is amazing is of all these roads that our lust leads us to, every single road that leads away is permeated by God. If there is one thing we can count on in this universe, it's that God doesn't want to see us hurt, and doesn't want us seen going through agony, and any little amount of pain we endure along the way is rooted in our own mistakes.

Nothing destroys the soul quite like lust does. There's a verse in the bible saying that lust is committed against the persons own body, and I've seen it first hand, it puts us in an extremely dark place emotionally and mentally.

Thanks for sharing.

S

See_KING_Truth

So true, I am the one that continued the charade in spite of the things I had been shown. I brought it upon myself by ignoring God and chasing a "goddess". I made a compromise against the holy spirit and got a taste of death in return. The devil knows women are my weakness and he uses that to his advantage.

Thanks for your input zaoman.

Last edited:

error

Oct 23, 2009
No offense -> but you sound like a complete idiot.
But i guess we all learn something from our mistakes.

S

See_KING_Truth

I was a complete idiot for a few weeks, um thanks?

Mar 21, 2011
I confronted her about it, got the truth out of her, and well....we don't talk anymore. Instead of being lead by the spirit and listening to the signs God was giving me. I was blindly lead by lust into a situation that I would never knowingly get myself into.
I disagree. I think under normal circumstances you did everything right. It is her lying that is the sin against you. Don't beat yourself up so much about this.

Perhaps the whole exercise is a lesson that will bring you more wisdom, but I don't think you did anything wrong.

Oh... and being attracted to women, I guess is technically lust.... but God made us this way...and we gotta make the babies somehow. If we didn't have that sexual attraction, we'd have no motivation to marry or have kids even.

So, unless you are going to be some celibate Catholic Priest, ease up on the 'lust judgement'.

error

Oct 23, 2009
I was a complete idiot for a few weeks, um thanks?
Well, it doesn't matter what i think. It's your life.

Anyway, i'm sorry I called you like that. That's not nice.

Z

zaoman32

I disagree. I think under normal circumstances you did everything right. It is her lying that is the sin against you. Don't beat yourself up so much about this.

Perhaps the whole exercise is a lesson that will bring you more wisdom, but I don't think you did anything wrong.

Oh... and being attracted to women, I guess is technically lust.... but God made us this way...and we gotta make the babies somehow. If we didn't have that sexual attraction, we'd have no motivation to marry or have kids even.

So, unless you are going to be some celibate Catholic Priest, ease up on the 'lust judgement'.
very good point.

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

Were her and her boyfriend living together??
Those seem like the signs also if someone is married.

clee356

Apr 5, 2011
I think she should've told you from the beginning... I'll stop myself there before I start assuming things. But it sounds like you avoided a potentially hurtful situation. It could've been a lot worse :/

Apr 24, 2009
"If there is one thing we can count on in this universe, it's that God doesn't want to see us hurt, and doesn't want us seen going through agony, and any little amount of pain we endure along the way is rooted in our own mistakes"

Where did you get that?

"Through many tribulations we must enter the kingdom of God" Acts 14:22

S

See_KING_Truth

I think she should've told you from the beginning... I'll stop myself there before I start assuming things. But it sounds like you avoided a potentially hurtful situation. It could've been a lot worse :/
I agree that she should have told me from the start. Her way of justifying hiding it from me was that she "didn't want to ruin what we had," which at that point, couldn't have been anything more than mutual physical attraction...