Sin in Saving

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
My son and I was discussing this and I am looking for more opinions with scripture.

He thinks that as long as you get saved, you can sin as much as you want and still will go to heaven.
My argument is if a person has a desire to sin then he wasn’t truly saved.
temptation comes to all who are of flesh and blood even Jesus

the “ desire to sin “ comes from temptation every person will face it it’s part of overcoming we have to overcome the temptation like Jesus did and like Adam failed to do

“My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: but every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. Do not err, my beloved brethren.”
‭‭James‬ ‭1:2-4, 12-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The idea that Christian’s aren’t tempted is not true or that once you get baptized you’ll never again want to do something sinful that’s also not true

just as Jesus was tempted after he received the holt ghost and he resisted the temptation and chose Gods word we need to also do the same we have to choose good and resist evil

“Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭4:1‬ ‭KJV‬‬

just living in this world there is always temptation

“Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭2:15-17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

we as Christians are called out of sin into righteousness but temptation is part of the world we live in and something we all will face and must overcome in Christ as we become aware of what’s happening temptation becomes less appealing knowing its satans will and leads to death

as we begin to believe the truth we become aware of the truth and see sin for what it is a cancer to the soul and at that point we’re going to overcome knowing it’s death and destruction

Christian’s aren’t allowed to freely sin and they aren’t thrown away like trash if they have sinned. They , we , are given the doctrine of repentance and remission of sins which means when we realize we have sinned we can confess and repent and be forgiven as if we never sinned at all

air doesn't allow us to freely sin and think we’re not going to be held accountable and also it allows for repentance for those who acknowledge and repent of their sin

When your a Christian your judgement has become personal to you between the lord Jesus d the person according to what they understand

“Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.”
‭‭James‬ ‭4:17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

basics are Christian’s need to set thier mind and heart to always do the right thing and when they realize they have failed sometimes they have repentance and remission of sins when they confess and acknowledge thoer sins

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭1:8-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Many cjrirtians sin and know they are sinning and pretend it’s no big deal Jesus died thier saved the end , that’s a pathway to death . Other Christians believe of you have sinned even once since you said you believe now your condemned

Its just about accepting and believing the gospel we’re not perfect or beyond being tempted Jesus wasnt and we aren’t , and also we aren’t helpless inners who don’t know what we’re doing is sin nd just cant overcome it either

were disciples learning from the lord Jesus how to live forever with him

SomeDisciple

Jul 4, 2021
My argument is if a person has a desire to sin then he wasn’t truly saved.
I think you're totally right, man.

The scriptures make the distinction between our desires and the desires of our flesh. We can feel our flesh's desires, but that doesn't make them our own.

Desiring to commit sin is open rebellion against God. That's the exact opposite of repentance.