Smoking

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Talljake

Jul 17, 2022
I've been smoking cigarettes since I was 14 years old, I had switched to a vape about 3 or 4 years ago and after I rededicated my life to the lord everything came to a hult. Everything changed in my life. The drinking, smoking pot, a sinful relationship, and smoking a vape. It just stopped. Even though I was being nagged every day on smoking, I never caved.

I have recently fallen into smoking again. It is putting a sinful wall between the lord and I. I'm nagged when I smoke and nagged when I don't. It is such a struggle for me. I could really use some advice and encouragement. Please pray for me.
Trying to replace it with candy or things like that don't work for me....I've tried many things like that to help but it doesn't. I pray, I read God's word and verses......and this chain won't break.thank you for reading and please feel free to bring forth any suggestions that may help. Thank you

Dec 24, 2022
UK
Its a very soothing habit. I smoked for years. I know how hard it is to give up. Every time I did give up intentionally, I put weight on because I stuffed my face instead. Now I have not smoked in 4 years, and can't stand the smell anymore. I did suffer bad side effects though.

Don't feel bad though. I don't think it's a sin. Unless you smoke a lot. I'll be praying for you @Talljake
and because you want to stop here is a verse I plucked that reminds me of one of His Promises.

Isiah 41;10 is an Extremely Powerful Verse and I will pray this over you....
IMG_9724.jpeg

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
I smoked for many years lightly and wanted to quit not because I thought it was a sin, but I started to realize my body is a temple of the Holy Ghost and wanted to give it up. So I did research on the health risks of tobacco and found a site listing all the famous people who died of smoking, It was scary how cigs took out so many likeable people.
So I came to the point I really was ready and wanted to stop this addiction. My first husband passed from smoking and he used to say 'how can this little thing dominate me'. He didn't know how the cigs are loaded with addictive chemicals. One of the nicest guys who befriended a family member, also was taken out by cigs. There are so many chemicals in cigs you wouldn't even believe.
So I told the Lord to help me. Shortly after that, I was desperate and picked up a butt on the sidewalk. It had been raining but I tried smoking it anyway and I got a mouthful of soggy tobacco. Ew, this butt could have been someone who was poorly (ill). God answered my prayer and tobacco has made me sick, ever since.
Yes they make it addictive, so you must decide you don't want to smoke, ask for God to help and try smoking a soggy butt. That's what worked for me🙌🙌🙌

Dec 24, 2022
UK
Theres a girl I work with who has been given only 3 month to live. Lung cancer. She is in constant pain. Perhaps she has her reasons not to give up smoking, but as children of God we have work to do. Lost souls need us. Making disciples is a command...I had a shock this morning, I think my pastor is burdened within the lost soul baggage department after reading Jeremiah this morning, and it's a good burden to have. I am starting a healthy diet this week because I want to help him so badly...I need to be fit and healthy. I to want to be fishers of men too!!. I am not sure about how to go about this yet though, but I have a burden and its growing...

Oct 30, 2023
I've been smoking cigarettes since I was 14 years old, I had switched to a vape about 3 or 4 years ago and after I rededicated my life to the lord everything came to a hult. Everything changed in my life. The drinking, smoking pot, a sinful relationship, and smoking a vape. It just stopped. Even though I was being nagged every day on smoking, I never caved.

I have recently fallen into smoking again. It is putting a sinful wall between the lord and I. I'm nagged when I smoke and nagged when I don't. It is such a struggle for me. I could really use some advice and encouragement. Please pray for me.
Trying to replace it with candy or things like that don't work for me....I've tried many things like that to help but it doesn't. I pray, I read God's word and verses......and this chain won't break.thank you for reading and please feel free to bring forth any suggestions that may help. Thank you
praying for you. I know what it's like to go through this struggle. I smoked from about the age of 17 until I was 36. I quit only 2.5 years ago. lately i've been craving a cigarette again but I won't give in... i know i can't go back to it. I was only able to quit by the grace of God

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
My dad at the time not a believer smoke for over 30 years.. packs a day. Then in one day quit. There is nothing out there that has the right to control us. I understand what smoking does to the body and the body then hungers for it. But greater is He that is in you then He that's in the world. He set us free from all sin. No sin has power over us. There is nothing on this earth that has more power then the blood of JESUS Christ.

So if you truly want to be free and never have that thrust for smoking again then I will agree with you. So do you believe? Then put your faith with me. I just prayed according to His word (Rom,Eph, 1,2n Cor, Matt etc). Its written anyone that calls on the name of the lord shall be delivered. You are now set free and that habit has to leave and never come back in Jesus name. Never again. Yoi will find you do not like it anymore.. so praise Him thank HIM rejoice. This is just what is written. Its asking knowing its written in His word knowing He heard you knowing He already paid the price. Seen this over and over always every time set free.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Theres a girl I work with who has been given only 3 month to live. Lung cancer. She is in constant pain. Perhaps she has her reasons not to give up smoking, but as children of God we have work to do. Lost souls need us. Making disciples is a command...I had a shock this morning, I think my pastor is burdened within the lost soul baggage department after reading Jeremiah this morning, and it's a good burden to have. I am starting a healthy diet this week because I want to help him so badly...I need to be fit and healthy. I to want to be fishers of men too!!. I am not sure about how to go about this yet though, but I have a burden and its growing...
Not to derail here, but if you could tell your friend to watch Dodie Osteen's testimony, she may get inspired. Dodie had a tumor the size of an orange on her liver and in 1981 the Dr told her she had a few weeks to live. She had a believing husband and she just turned 90yo. Never had chemo or radiation but stood on God's promises🙏💕