Snapping Out of It

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
What are some things you guys do to get yourself out of a funk? I'm not talking about depression, that's serious business; just...whaddya do to shake off the blues?
Take a nap. Worked when I was a kid. Still works. I usually wake up feeling refreshed and motivated again. Also gives your mind time to stop thinking about what's got you down. So it gives you a break from an emotional storm. May even have some good dreams. Who knows?

Jilly81

Jan 16, 2011
Hey, I saw this thread this morning and thought I'd give my two cents, Cris. I haven't read anything past the first page, so forgive me if I'm stealing your idea, anyone :).

1. Listen to praise music (already mentioned, I know; I'm just agreeing)

2. Be positive and thankful (making a list of things for which you are thankful helps :)).

3. Help someone else. You might have to go looking for someone, but there are plenty on this website. You can check the prayer forums, but there are plenty in every section of the site. You'll find lots of people in the chat room as well. Teenagers especially need someone to talk to, often desperately. I'm recommend first praying and asking Jesus to give you more to do for Him. My life changed when I did this. I didn't really want to, honestly; I was afraid that He'd give me more than I wanted/could handle without exhaustion. Silly me; I became so much happier and content when He pointed me toward people who needed help; it made ME happier, even though I often had to hear sad stories. It made anything rough going on in my life seem a lot milder. Very often the person who needs help is someone who needs to hear the Gospel, but you'll find many peeps who need someone to talk to. It kind of forces you to look up, too, unless you (HORRORS!) try to lean on your own understanding and give random advice. Hope the funk leaves soon, Sis :)!

Last edited: