So are most of you 'Salvation by works' kind of people?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 21, 2011
Most of you are quick to declare Obama is not a Christian.

Even though he's quite open that he's of the Christian faith. Goes to Church. Is Christian.

So at one point he's declared Jesus as his personal saviour.

But most of you declare he's not Christian. You pray and mock him like he's not.

Now, none of you would be breaking one of the commandments to NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS would you??

Nooo....

So I can only assume the most of you believe salvation is by Works alone and that's how you judge a person is Christian..

How did you come to this works alone theology?

Why does the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross at Calvary mean so little to you?

T

Tintin

No. I believe in salvation by faith alone but from that good fruits come. Obama make talk the talk, but does he walk the walk? From what I've seen, I don't think so. Still, there's no need to mock him, he needs Jesus Christ as much as the rest of us do.

Mar 21, 2011
No. I believe in salvation by faith alone but from that good fruits come. Obama make talk the talk, but does he walk the walk? From what I've seen, I don't think so. Still, there's no need to mock him, he needs Jesus Christ as much as the rest of us do.
Exactly.

But here is the thing. Bush gets a pass and Obama doesn't??

Please.... with most of these people it's their own partisan biases.

I spent the whole Bush years listening to American Conservatives apologise for Bush for his evil acts...because he's a Christian.

T

Trax

Even though he's quite open that he's of the Christian faith. Goes to Church. Is Christian.

There is a boat load of people calling themself christian and going to church, which aren't saved.
A lot of them are preachers. They are practicing a religion and just don't get it. I'm not bringing
up any view of doctrine, but its the reality of it all.

sanglina

Jul 28, 2012
Exactly.

But here is the thing. Bush gets a pass and Obama doesn't??

Please.... with most of these people it's their own partisan biases.

I spent the whole Bush years listening to American Conservatives apologise for Bush for his evil acts...because he's a Christian.
I am on the same page with you here on about president George Bush. I think Bush is most unpopular among non-american Christians in particular and outside america in general. To me, Bush could never remotely feature in my long lists of favorite leaders in the world.

T

Tintin

I'm not an American. No earthly politics pertain to God's Kingdom. You're always going to have two or more choices. No candidate will be perfect but the idea is to elect the one with the lesser of two evils. I'm no fan of Obama or Bush. But especially Obama.

Oct 31, 2011
=David_1;]Most of you are quick to declare Obama is not a Christian.
But most of you declare he's not Christian. You pray and mock him like he's not.
Now, none of you would be breaking one of the commandments to NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS would you??Nooo....
So I can only assume the most of you believe salvation is by Works alone and that's how you judge a person is Christian..
Why does the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross at Calvary mean so little to you?[
I listen to you only as a fellow child of God, I listen to God for what I believe. God explains that He is Holy, we are human and being human we cannot make ourselves Holy, that happens only through God. You say it in the words “Salvation by works”. God also explains that after he atones for our sin, after God makes us holy, we are to do all we can to keep ourselves that way, and you use the words “work your way to heaven” to cover what God says about obedience.

God tells us we may not judge Obama as a person, but God also explains that we are to choose leaders of our nation who are follow Him, and who promise to lead in a way God ordains. Obama wants other Gods honored, he says. Obama does not put Christian principles as part of the principles he works for. He says we are no longer a Christian nation, and Obama honors that. God says that does not make a good leader for a nation that God helps.

R

rauleetoe

Now, none of you would be breaking one of the commandments to NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS would you??

Nooo....

If you mean someone can be a christian and not follow the Bible one bit, support gay marriage..be a muslim sympathizer..then i guess You can be a christian..this is not about salvation by works..If you are truly a convert, you will have fruit..otherwise, you lie.

R

rauleetoe

Sadly he was under a pastor who did not teach the Gospel..but racist hatred..so I guess in a sense he did not know any better..and yes we must pray for him.

R

rauleetoe

Nooo....

Soo..if it really means much to you..Jesus, then do not just give him lipservice and platitudes..
You better be walking with him..the word cleary says this..there is grace but it never excluded human responsibility. God is holy, you cannot fool him..you can fool me..and others here who seek an easy greasy false grace gospel..you either live for God..or you do not. If you support gay marriage, then you go against what the Bible teaches, and it clearly matters little how much you wave the 'banner', your actions prove that you are a liar, and the truth is not in you.

J

jimmydiggs

Bush gets a pass and Obama doesn't??
Nah, Bush has affirmed many things that are counter to scripture in very serious ways. Fruit are lacking as well. I very much doubt he is a Christian, or at least was one the last time I paid close attention.

H

heirofChrist

You will know a man by their fruits. Jesus says if you love him you will keep his commandments. Obama is for abortion (killing babies) no baby is a mistake for' it is God him self who makes all creation. If your going to be a christian should you allow the people under you to kill a baby. Thats just one topic i could go on for days. The fact is just coz he says he goes to church doesnt make him saved. Is he a doer of the word? i cant tell...jus sayin not judgin

S

StephenH

I agree - going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than sitting in a garage makes you a car. I don't believe he is one simply due to his stance on homosexual marriage as well as abortion.

I'm not going to go on about it as I could go on for a while, but I'm not.

H

heirofChrist

See and thats the problem! soooo many ppl take the gospel and dillute it for itchy ears to add a "number" to the "saved list". People have this image of a made up God in their minds. Such as "as long as i said the prayer 'please Lord forgive me (with no repentance)', im saved and free to go against God's law because im not under the law, but under Grace". Thats why people that claim they are Christians are running around in the world like no problem.

T

Tintin

People have this image of a made up God in their minds.

If we're honest with ourselves, I think you'll find we're all guilty of doing this.