so embrassing help!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Titania

okay so my question is is there a phobia for stomaching grwoling like there is for vomit?

Ever since kindergardern I've never been a fraid if my stomach growls in class it never even crossed my mind I used to never eat anything at school and go the whole day without feeling hungry

But last semester in 7th grade it growl and everyone looked and me and giggled. Ever since then I've been afraid it will happen again :( I feel so dizzy and the though of sitting in a quiet classroom with my classmates it even made me thrwo up for days so I've been out of school for 6 days :(

I'm the quiet dork I can handle or like being on the spotlight is there a name for the fear of stomach growling in public like it is for vomit? There has to be some form of phobia right?? :(

Please Please help I can't handle being in the spotlight is there name for it ? :'(

R

Ramon

Here is the perfect diagnosis:

Ask Jesus to get rid of it.

Aug 2, 2009
okay so my question is is there a phobia for stomaching grwoling like there is for vomit?

Ever since kindergardern I've never been a fraid if my stomach growls in class it never even crossed my mind I used to never eat anything at school and go the whole day without feeling hungry

But last semester in 7th grade it growl and everyone looked and me and giggled. Ever since then I've been afraid it will happen again :( I feel so dizzy and the though of sitting in a quiet classroom with my classmates it even made me thrwo up for days so I've been out of school for 6 days :(

I'm the quiet dork I can handle or like being on the spotlight is there a name for the fear of stomach growling in public like it is for vomit? There has to be some form of phobia right?? :(

Please Please help I can't handle being in the spotlight is there name for it ? :'(
What you're experiencing is just anxiety. I'm sorry they treated you that way. Try not to take it personally. There are some things they sell in the drug section that is supposed to prevent gas called Beano, but I'm not sure if it will stop your tummy from growling. Do you chew gum in class? Chewing gum could make it worse because your tummy thinks food is coming so it starts getting ready. It will help if you eat something before class.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2010
i think everyone has come across something like that. try seeing if theres a pattern, and eat somthing just b4
or just have a small snack in ur bag
this happen to me during testing week and talk about embarrassing!!!
my stomach was practically having a conversation with me
haha:)

S

sloppy3

Here is the perfect diagnosis:

Ask Jesus to get rid of it.

So by this advice, you are confirming that it is a problem that needs to be got rid of?

C

Chinekwu

I think it's just anxiety..Ur thoughts are always on ur tummy. First of all,pray that God will remove the spirit of fear and then pray about ur tummy 2 (u know, nothin' is impossible with God). Nothin' that wasn't and was never found in Christ shall not be found in U. (Amen!) And,try 2 eat well before going 2 school like others said..it really helps
Grace to you!

G

Godsbeloved

I just want to add that if someone's stomach growled in class, I wouldn't think twice. In fact, I'm pretty sure no one else would think twice, either. I doubt that anyone would even remember it the next day, or even the next hour. its just natural. everyone's stomach growls regularly.

just try to let it go. trust me, I know what it's like to worry about something tiny like you are, but just try not to worry. There is nothing to worry about. seriously. even burping loudly isn't that important to anyone but the person who did it.:p

:)

P

peachetty

lol i think every1 is a little nervous something like that will happen to them. your finee. just dont worry about it i mean its a perfectly normal for your stomach to growll. if it ever happens in a crowd of ppl just be like ooohh some1s hungry and point to your stomach then every1 will laugh at your joke not you..... :) just keep yoself fed :)

A

Aqua_Girl09

SOOOOO you're really just scared of people looking at you. . . . .what i'd suggest is trying to break out of your shell!!!! stop trying to blend in. little things at first but eventually you won't care what people say or think about you. remember the most they can do is punch you in the face. >_< (and then you can punch them back lol)

I used to be SUPER quiet and got picked on a LOT but i stopped caring and people would tell me to shut up and i'd go "WHO ME!?!?! YOU WANT ME TO BE QUITE!? YOU COULD ASK NICLEY! PLEASE WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!!) it pissed them off and they wouldn't say anything else to me. and the weird thing is i've never EVER been in a fight my whole life. don't be outright rude but people will give you space.

^_^ hope this helps.

B

BrittanyJones

Oi that happened to me before! I was sooo nervous for like two weeks about it happening again, until one day it happened to another classmate and then later to another classmate. They were popular kids and everyone thought it was funny and so did they. It is funny! But nobody thinks badly of you, plus it happens to everyONE and half of the kids sitting there next to you are worried about the same thing or something else like how their hair is that day or how they look.
What helped me break out of such insecurity and worries was focusing on Jesus, reading the bible and praying to Him and He helped me deal with all such fears and still helps me today!

Here are some promises from God:

Cast your burden on the LORD, And He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.
Psalm 55

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God&#8217;s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
1 Peter 5

T

Tobby17

I think i just heard my stomach growl as i was about to respond to this thread..

Yeah, so what???? :p..

Hope dat helped u :D :D :D

Snackersmom

May 10, 2011
If my stomach growls loudly, I say something like "Whoa! Like the rumble of distant thunder!!" or whatever, and laugh along with everyone else. People won't think anything of it if you don't act self-conscious about it ;)