So how do I become content while I'm actively waiting for God to bring me a wife.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
W

wanting2believe

totally get you, especially since this is something so close to heart... like Idk what to do lol

B

Brandon777

I know what you feel guys. You know what helped me? having a girlfriend. She's states away, but it helps me because there's hope. That's probably not helping you though. The best thing I can say is the secret to being content is satisfaction in what's been given to you. If you don't have that, then you're not thankful to God. You have life, you have something. So soak in that. You obviously can't have satisfaction in something you don't have. If you try you'll only torture yourself. So........ don't.

Jul 25, 2005
Two wounded, incomplete, and discontent people cannot come together and make a working relationship.

Jul 25, 2005
Well, discontent to a certain extent. Obviously the need is there for most of us, but we can't let it consume our lives.

L

LadySpeedStick

I feel like most guys cope with a steady diet of Call of Duty and beef jerky. If you were looking for something more biblical, I've found that if you pray for God to change the desires of your heart, He does.

JimJimmers

Apr 26, 2012
I feel like most guys cope with a steady diet of Call of Duty and beef jerky. If you were looking for something more biblical, I've found that if you pray for God to change the desires of your heart, He does.
Not true. Some of us play Skyrim. :p

F

FireWire

"He who marries will face many troubles in this life".

G

GreenNnice

______
Living in The Spirit, walking with God,, believing in His eternal goodness and His temporary goodness for you. He knows best, Father knows best, and, who knows, for this answer God even may direct you to The powerful wisdom of a trusted friend, or,, church elder, or,,.pastor, or,, even, your own earthly father and mother.

The Lord leads, IF you are in Christ, your works of your former self are no more, you are forever His , and, Satan can try to convict you of all your past FAILURES but 1 John 5:18 says 'Satan does not touch him.'

You ARE untouched , dothackprinnydisgaeabuddy, for when you accepted Christ as your personal Saviour, you were born into righteousness and your temptation will NOT become less (actually will be more) from Satan as you go in life, year after year, but your faith will grow in the almighty power of God as you will know to willfully follow Him is your understood way to go however be it narrow that way.

Sin is of The Devil, but you are (born) of God are you not, dhbuddynotazero. You, therefore, are like Hebrews 10:17 says, speaking of Christ's new covenant wrought by the blood of Christ on The cross, 'Their (believers in Jesus' finished cross work) sins and their lawless deeds I will.remember no more.'

Dothack0, you were convicted of your sins by The Holy Spirit BEFORE you accepted Christ, but since, sine you believed on Him , their is only Love from God when you STUMBLE ,when you FALL, only mercy and grace , accept His great gifts for you and live in the present, dh#1, for Him !

You are His #1,His shining star, His sparrow, even His recognized grain of sand among the billions of ALL others that God equally Loves on Earth. :)

God bless you, pray for the Holy Spirit power to continue to guide you toward His GREAT tnings for your young life of Him, Christ bro. :)

clee356

Apr 5, 2011
I went through this also, as did my fiancee. We didn't think we'd ever find someone.

Remember that God was and is your first love. He's a jealous God, especially when we focus our hearts on others when we should be focusing on Him. He's the very definition of happiness, peace, contentment. Remember why and how you fell in love with God. Enjoy and discover all that He has for you, all that He wants to do with you.

I believe with my heart and from experience, that He wants to be the main desire of our hearts. And that He doesn't give us a wife or husband unless He knows we're ready for it.

eugenius

Jul 17, 2009
Go to school, get a stable career so that you can support your family someday. Get some hobbies.

AAAPlus

Aug 2, 2011
The keyword here in this question is "actively". First, you're 23, the average age to get married in the US for men is 28 and that's only counting first marriages. You've still got a lot of time before it's time for "panic mode".

So like I was saying about the word "actively", it's the wrong way to go about it. A movie scene comes to mind; I don't know if you've seen Scott Pilgrim vs the World (if not, see it!) but there's this one scene where the main character orders an item online and then immediately walks outside and sits on the porch, waiting for it to arrive.

It's silly, right? The item has been ordered, it's coming, but it's going to take some time. Now apply this to your life. You could actively wait for the package to arrive, or you can use your time for something useful and productive, knowing that it's in the proper hands and will come eventually. Now you could go out and search for a package eagerly, but it will probably end up having the wrong thing inside. And while you're there, you may just miss your delivery completely (and wind up with one of those annoying "tried to deliver" notes on your door). If your package is taking a long time to arrive, you can just call customer service (though you may be on hold a little while before you get connected). They'll probably tell you that your shipment is being tracked, and it's not ready quite yet.

You know the scriptures, and no doubt you've done quite a bit of delving into verses pertaining to marriage and trusting God, so I won't put any of that stuff right now. Now maybe I'm completely off here and you're already self-reliant and satisfied with your life, but by the frequency and desperation of your posts on here brother, I'm guessing you have some significant room for improvement in this area. All I will offer is practical advice. Get out there and pursue other things; improve yourself, take up new interests, build strong friendships. Have a solid foundation of self-worth in something other than a woman. Because honestly, no matter how strong your woman is, she will need you to be strong for her. You can't be relying on her for your sense of stability and completeness; you need to already have it. That's what she needs.

M

MissMatch0314

"Idle mind is workshop of the devil".While waiting for the right woman that God has prepared for you,maybe you can keep yourself busy preparing yourself to be right for her. :)

Pheonix

Jan 17, 2007
By not thinking about the fact you are alone. Focus on something else. Like getting to level 12 on Metroid Prime. Or helping some older people in your church.

G

GreenNnice

By not thinking about the fact you are alone. Focus on something else. Like getting to level 12 on Metroid Prime. Or helping some older people in your church.
_______
Metroid, lol, pheenixfire, 'metroid prime,' I wonder if that's Optimus' favorite game.

And, that stirs memory lane, I played Link a month straight right out of college (beat it!), and also Metroid is a name of a game I must have played on my NES too.

I can go way back to crude graphics vids too, like, to 'Adventure,' with Rindl, the dragon that looked like a out-of-shape shape, LOL, and, that was Atari, of course. And, Demon Attack was cool and there was a time when Intellivision baseball (what an utter failure Realsports Atari sports were) was the coolest, way ahead of its time, real-realistic baseball.
I better stop....
_____
This is dothackbuddy's thread and I need not de-rail it so off I go (to de-rail someone else's thread :D )

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jewliah

Choose joy! Work on becoming the person that you want to bring to the table in a relationship. It's all you can do.

M

myselfdiscovery

I think for me, God is bringing me through a stage of self discovery, made me realise how little i knew about myself ( Made sense why my previous relationship didnt work out) and how complex it is to be matched to someone that is compatible, simply no way I can "find" this on my own, so only thing is wait for God?