So...read any good books lately?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 25, 2005
How to Win Friends and Influence People.
Good choice. I normally hate self-help books, but Dale really nailed a lot of important concepts in the book. He also had the information, logic, and insight necessary to make it work.

Jul 25, 2005
I believe if we don't look for context in scripture, then there is a risk that we would use scripture incorrectly to justify our actions.
I've known people who likely used it to justify their actions knowing themselves to be wrong. The movie The Book of Eli demonstrates this concept pretty well with Gary Oldman's character. The scary part is that no one else will call them out because they were too busy to understand their Bibles. Awful feedback loop.

Agreed needless to say.

K

kayem77

I just finished Passion&Purity by Elisabeth Elliot, great book! and I'm currently reading Tortured for Christ and Revolution In World Missions. Both books are eye-openers , they talk about missions and share true stories about people who have shared the gospel in communist(Tortured for Christ) and third world (Revolution In Wolrd Missions) countries. Even thought I haven't finished them I reccomend them!

R

rauleetoe

I am.trying too finish whatloveisthis by dave hunt..also am.almost finished with primal by mark batterson...and have started one the prayerful spirit by james p.m. gills m.d

Stuey

Aug 17, 2009
Currently reading the Case for Christ... kind of interesting, journalists take on investigating the evidence of Jesus.

Also halfway through the wheel of time series, haven't read anything on that in about a month though, probably should before I forget everything. lol... it's ok... only 5000 pages to go.

A

adekruif

I"m not much of a book reader but I recently read a book called "When GOD writes your love story" and I have to say it was pretty fantastic. It really struck me on several different levels, and I would recommend it for anyone single and wanting to prepare for marriage.

Jun 25, 2010
Just finished reading The Circle trilogy by Ted Dekker. After debating over if I should read it for a couple of years, I decided to download the three books when I got a kindle. THE BEST BOOK SERIES I HAVE EVER READ!lol