Some notes on: Nimrod. Genesis 10:8, 9. 1 Chronicles 1:10.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

nathan3

Nimrod. Genesis 10:8, 9.
1 Chronicles 1:10.
This Is Appendix 28 From The Companion Bible.

Josephus (Ant. Jud. i. c. 4. 2) says: "Nimrod persauded mankind not to ascribe their happiness to God, but to think that his own excellency was the source of it. And he soon changed things into a tyranny, thinking there was no other way to wean men from the fear of God, than by making them rely upon his own power."

The Targum of Jonathan says: "From the foundation of the world none was ever found like Nimrod, powerful in hunting, and in rebellions against the Lord."

The Jerusalem Targum says: "He was powerful in hunting and in wickedness before the Lord, for he was a hunter of the sons of men, and he said to them, 'Depart from the judgment of the Lord, and adhere to the judgment of Nimrod!' Therefore is it said: 'As Nimrod [is] the strong one, strong in hunting, and in wickedness before the Lord.' "

The Chaldee paraphrase of 1 Chronicles 1:10 says: "Cush begat Nimrod, who began to prevail in wickedness, for he shed innocent blood, and rebelled against Jehovah."

Nimrod was the founder of Babylon, which partook of his character as being the great antagonist of God's Truth and God's People.

We cannot fail to see, in Nimrod, Satan's first attempt to raise up a human universal ruler of men. There have been many subsequent attempts, such as Nebuchadnezzar, Alexander, Napoleon, and others. He will finally succeed in the person of the Antichrist.

Aug 5, 2013
We cannot fail to see, in Nimrod, Satan's first attempt to raise up a human universal ruler of men. There have been many subsequent attempts, such as Nebuchadnezzar, Alexander, Napoleon, and others. He will finally succeed in the person of the Antichrist.
You didn't cite any references for these characters, and they strike me as far off the mark. Do you think every world conqueror is led by Satan to be an antagonist to God? Can't a person's motive to conquer the world simply be greed, ego, and/or lust for power?

N

nathan3

Not in his case : )

Last edited:
W

Widdekind

Esau / Edom was described as a hunter, perhaps alluding to some sort of "Nimrod-ness" (?), in contrast to Jacob / Israel, father of the 12 Israelite tribes

Mar 11, 2011
Esau / Edom was described as a hunter, perhaps alluding to some sort of "Nimrod-ness" (?), in contrast to Jacob / Israel, father of the 12 Israelite tribes
Just so that you are aware; there are actually 13 tribes of Israel. The 12 are about land inheritance's, the other one is the Levites, that have never had a land inheritance, but were throughout all the 12 tribes as they are the priest-line and Christ/Messiah is their inheritance.

One cannot associate Essua with Nimrod as these are 2 different type of beings.

Essua and Jacob are both human beings, born innocent of woman and with the difference between them being, mainly their sincerity of prayer.

There is another type of human being, of which is not born innocent of woman (though it may appear that way) and that is the seed-line of Cain, they are the ones that practise Satanism even to this very day.

Nimrod however is none of the above; he is a fallen angel corrupting mankind with his knowledge and producing offspring, Geber/Nephilim/Giants.

N

nathan3

-

-Nimrod however is none of the above; he is a fallen angel corrupting mankind with his knowledge and producing offspring, Geber/Nephilim/Giants.
Can you please, present some documentation ? I don't think it even says in the Bible that Nimrod was a fallen angel , its not written. Some of the wording might seem to say that, extremely, vaguely, if you stretch it quite a bit, and squint. But as far as I know its not written he was a fallen angel. .

Last edited:

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
Nimrod is not a decendant of Cain, he is of Canaan. The Canaanites, I used to get the Cainanites and the Canaanites mixed up also, but they are 2 completely different bloodlines.

Mar 11, 2011
Nimrod is not a decendant of Cain, he is of Canaan. The Canaanites, I used to get the Cainanites and the Canaanites mixed up also, but they are 2 completely different bloodlines.
Didn't say he was.

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
Didn't say he was.
ok, I misread, I apologize.

so you think the "begot" means adopted? because if he of Kush by blood than he would be of Cannan.

Mar 11, 2011
Can you please, present some documentation ? I don't think it even says in the Bible that Nimrod was a fallen angel , its not written. Some of the wording might seem to say that, extremely, vaguely, if you stretch it quite a bit, and squint. But as far as I know its not written he was a fallen angel. .
That is not written clearly in the Bible, but it is in the history of the giants through archeological discoveries; I am presuming the fallen angel part by the fact that he was a type of god to his people, and that he had information that was above normal to humans at that time; and he did not receive that information from Our Father, or Our Father would have told us so.

Mar 11, 2011
OK, my bad; it has been a while since I went through this part of study. Truly Sorry :eek:

Nimrod obviously has a human blood-line, as is obvious as I went back to check.

It would also be obvious though, that Nimrod was at least serving the fallen ones, as this would prove it.

Micah CH:5

I was going to type out the chapter; but i'm tired of that. If someone wants to know, they can check it out, or not.