some say it's the end of the world,,,

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
We are Christians here, we all read the bible and have one. To post verse after verse is not wise. If someone posts something that is not scriptural, Christians know it. This is not a place to post the entire bible. If they aren't Christian and have no knowledge, they can use the site to show them where to go in THEIR bible. This isn't a bible. There is a website called biblegateway for the bible.
it is quite difficult to post every scripture(i do assume most have read the bible as i post),,,i am afraid at times and will go back and re list the things i state giving scripture,book and chapter. why is as i log in at the bottom it states all viewing the thread,,,,,i.e. "352 viewing post,345 guest,7 members",,,,it makes me afraid at times to post without giving scripture,but i also am guilty of not doing it. it would bother me greatly to state something without scripture,,,like you say "bible gateway is very helpful",,,i might add for the sake of the guest viewing if any of us makes statement without scripture. (minimize the page,open another browser,,search the statement in question on google ect. the scripture we are quoting will come up in the results and give book,chapter and verse. for example if you search "for my names sake",,,,all of these verses will come up on the search results.,,,,,,

it is difficult for us to do this every time,for example if i minamise the page i am typing to post to look up the scripture im speaking about and in the process my computor disconnects from the internet,,,,i must re log in and so have lost every thing ive typed.,,,,if i use Microsoft word i can write and disconections dont effect this,just just drag it to the thread and drop it but i have no mouse on laptop,phone ect. so again is difficult.,,,so to any in question please follow redtents advice and search for the statement in question and verify it,,,,,,,,,

N

nathan3

To post verse after verse is not wise.
To post verse after verse is not wise ?

I don't get where your coming from. So, if some one spouts off their mouth, and Says '' this is written'' , yet how does a unsuspecting person know weather or not something is true ?

No, if you say something, everyone should be held accountable to what is written. If they can not document reasonably from the Bible, then it is a waste of time . ( This is a Bible study, forum. )

If you can't quote the Bible, then it no longer is a Bible Study forum, but a nonsense forum.

Acts 17:11

King James Version (KJV)

11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

There are so many people that just run their mouth. It's better we test weather or not what they are saying is so, from the Bible.

Last edited:
May 3, 2013
When this gets finished no way to ask or doubted: No turning point is left to be worry about (I guess)

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
When this gets finished no way to ask or doubted: No turning point is left to be worry about (I guess)
i agree this is post 24 and only 3 or maybe 4 are about the thread;s original post,,,,

allaboutlove

Jun 11, 2013
i been reading your post here an i must say im a lil confused about what point your trying to make.?

john832

May 31, 2013
some say it's the end of the world,,,some say we have proof that it is. there are the earthquakes,the tsunami's,,tornado outbreaks. There are war's and they point to them. there are flood's. the whole earth is is in disarray,protesting,outrage and hopelessness. day by day it becomes worse and worse. most every preacher points to these and others to show that these plagues are being poured out on the earth as the Revelations states,,and that they prove that at any time the end may come,maybe tomorrow.

here is my question,,,,Revelations 7;3,,,,,,"till we have sealed the servants of our god in their fore-heads",,,,,that is "the plagues",,,cannot commence until they are sealed. And they are not finished being sealed until after the tribulation when the last is beheaded for their confession of Christ.

now the plaugues are poured out on those who have received the mark of the beast,and/or worshiped his image. that is from Revelations 7;3 onward in every case these plagues,warnings(what ever we decide to call them),,,are only delivered upon those who were not sealed with the name of god in their forehead's,,,but instead on those who did not repent,and were sealed with the mark of the beast.

now some say the end may come tomorrow,,,and these plagues are being poured out on those who have the mark of the beast today,,,,,,,,,

here is the puzzle,,,if they already have the mark of god and the mark of the beast,,,,then the man of sin is already in power,,,"who is he?",,,,and if they already have the mark of the beast,,,"what is it?",,,,,and if these are already sealed with the name of god,,,"where are they?",,,,,rev.7;3,,,,,
Not the end of the world, the end of the age...

Mat 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

Word for world here is...

G165
αἰών
aiōn
ahee-ohn'
From the same as G104; properly an age; by extension perpetuity (also past); by implication the world; specifically (Jewish) a Messianic period (present or future): - age, course, eternal, (for) ever (-more), [n-]ever, (beginning of the, while the) world (began, without end). Compare G5550.

Here is the Diaglott...

Mat 24:3 Sitting and of him upon the mountain of the olive tree, came to him the disciples privately saying: Tell to us, when these (things) shall be? and what the sign of the thy presence and of the end of the age?

It is the end of the 6000 years of man under the influence and rulership of Satan. The beginning of the Kingdom of God on earth, the 1000 year reign of Christ as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

C

CoooCaw

in fact we still have to witness the folowing
*Damascus destroyed
*lake nasser nuked by Israel
Jordan reclaimed by Israel when Jordan is attackd by her neighbours
Psalm 83 with the expansion of israel's borders and the defeat of radical islam
Gog magog war with Russia defeated on the Golan Heights
The rapture - 930am Jerusalem time, Feast of Pentecost Sunday 1st June 2031AD

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
yes to this i do agree,see post #20. my thinking is to the effect as you state 6000 years each represents a day of prophecy as given in the beginning of genesis 2nd peter 3;8. in the order of the fulfillment's(from post #20) given by Christ he states the events in their order "some say it is the end of the world" ,,,it does not seem this way to me because there are still prophecy's withholding to be fulfilled, though i do realize it may be close.

it's apparent to me from the things i hear both here on c.c. and things i see from the preachers preaching on t.v. and in person that they may not have accounted for certain prophecies. the connection between rev. 7;3 and rev. 7;14 along with the sermon you quote is the one i began this post on.

also in reference to these events it would be important to note Revelations 19;20 the beast and the false prophet are cast into the "lake of fire",(before the mill. see rev.20;3-4),,,but the devil is cast in the "pit",(not the lake of fire) until after the 1000 year rein on earth(rev.20;4) and the second Resurrection does not occur until after the 1000 years rev.20;5. and then after the 1000 years satin is loosed again(which poses a problem to modern thinking in that they believe the earth is already judged by this time/aion) but as we know the angels that left their first estate are bound in chains until the day of judgment 2nd peter 3;8 and jude 6. (so we see the day of judgment has not taken place before or during the 1000 year rein on earth)

afterward rev. 20;10 the devil is cast into the lake of fire(the beast and false prophet were cast into before the 1000 years),,,now do all these things take place before the destruction of the earth,here is the point i am making,this is the question we need ask. now in rev. 21;1 "a new earth and a new heaven",,,, that is all six sets of aeons 6000 years and the 7th 1000 years of peace have been accounted for,,,and they come to a close in rev. 21 verse 1.

not to expand upon the given post but in the fall of Babylon the merchants who were made rich rev. 18;15-16 are still (present in the earth) after her destruction. the kings are still present in the earth are still present in the earth after her destruction rev.18;9-10.

but i only bring these things up in support of my original comment in the op rev. 7;3 that is "hurt not the earth,neither the sea nor the trees,,ect.,,,sealed the servants of our god in their foreheads",,,,so in reckoning the aeons they are compared to the 7 seals.(rev.5;1) the first is opened,(rev.6;1),the second(rev.6;3),,third(rev. 6;5) forth(rev.6;7),fifth(rev.6;9)sixth(rev.6;12),,,,,and the whole while mankind is still on the earth. then we progress to rev. 7;3 (the 7th seal has still not yet been opened),,,,and they who live during the tribulation(Christians who are made white rev.7;14),,,,,"but then the seventh seal is opened rev.8;1",,,,

the whole while man is still on the earth and it has not yet been destroyed,,,,,then from rev. 8;5-8 the things commanded not to hurt "are hurt",the earth the sea and the tree,,,,,and all the while mankind is still on the earth,from the opening of the seventh(rev. 8;1) to the days of the voice of the seventh angle (rev 10;7) and mankind still the whole while remains on earth and the world is still not yet destroyed.