Something in my dream i need to consider

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Has anyone ever felt spiritual exhausted? I sometimes do for no reason at all, I know it would help if I took time to just take a break from God because it always works. If I don't talk to him for a while and just enjoy life like say watching movies or going over to my cousins or my friends house for a while always cures me of this. However I rarely do this, even with me feeling spiritual exhausted I just talk to God anyways, and I spend time with him regardless. I hear too much of a good thing can be bad, and I don't know if being with god 24/7 everyday goes with this but I notice sometimes I do wear myself out with him. well last night I had a very random and pointless dream, however one point did stick out. I remember I became spiritual exhausted on a level I have never known before, I remember it was so bad I could not take it.
This may be meaningless but is it possible I may be wearing myself out and need to sometimes take a break from my faith? Because the problem with that is that I don't want to ever take a break from God, even if I am spiritually worn I want more and more time with God.
but is it possible to wear ourselves out with him? and if so, should we take a break?

inge

Jun 23, 2012
Take a break from faith is impossible :) You walk with God. But you can look at how your faith is worked out in your life. Do you do activities, what is it that wears you out. Do you study a lot. Do you think about issues around faith. Normally thirsting for God should not wear you out. Walking with God is both a combination of relaxing and transpiration. Going to watch a movie can be a good way to relax, and God is going with you :) You just need to consider if you have a task God wants you to fulfill or that you give yourself tasks to fulfill. God loves to talk with you, and to study with you but He likes to have a walk with you or enjoy visit also. Jesus is a perfect example for a balance between taking rest and work.

I wander if this exhausting is mentally, or emotionally? I am sensitive and a thinker, I can be mentally exhausted by puzzling issues and I can be emotionally exhausted when I felt a lot and sometimes those two are combined. When I do not relax (read, visit, walk, listen music, watch a movie) I get stressed. And stress makes me feel worn out.

L

letti

I am very tired to Blain but that is normal for me.

L

letti

Has anyone ever felt spiritual exhausted? I sometimes do for no reason at all, I know it would help if I took time to just take a break from God because it always works. If I don't talk to him for a while and just enjoy life like say watching movies or going over to my cousins or my friends house for a while always cures me of this. However I rarely do this, even with me feeling spiritual exhausted I just talk to God anyways, and I spend time with him regardless. I hear too much of a good thing can be bad, and I don't know if being with god 24/7 everyday goes with this but I notice sometimes I do wear myself out with him. well last night I had a very random and pointless dream, however one point did stick out. I remember I became spiritual exhausted on a level I have never known before, I remember it was so bad I could not take it.
This may be meaningless but is it possible I may be wearing myself out and need to sometimes take a break from my faith? Because the problem with that is that I don't want to ever take a break from God, even if I am spiritually worn I want more and more time with God.
but is it possible to wear ourselves out with him? and if so, should we take a break?
Could it be stressful things in your life that can make anybody tired?How is your situation with the other members of your household?

K

kenisyes

You do not take a break from Jesus. But you must take breaks from your Body ministering. The earth goes in cycles of day an night. So must you. I keep ministry to around 35-40 hours a week.

Kreation

Sep 19, 2013
Just do as much as you physically and emotionally can...You would be of more use to God if you were healthy.

I'm sure God doesn't want you to be overworked...:)

Kreation

Sep 19, 2013
Just do as much as you physically and emotionally can...You would be of more use to God if you were healthy.

I'm sure God doesn't want you to be overworked...:)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
what of this?

Do not be overrighteous, neither be overwise-- why destroy yourself?
Do not be overwicked, and do not be a fool-- why die before your time?
It is good to grasp the one and not let go of the other. The man who fears God will avoid all [extremes].

Ecclesiastes 7:16-18

Sep 1, 2013
God, the source of all power and life, does not exhaust anyone but gives life and power to those that are His. Those who are connected to Him have more power. If you feel you have to take a break from God because you are exhausted then you should try to draw closer to God.

N

Nessb

In my humble opinion.... just relax!!!! Do you think if you are out playing basket ball or something God is any less with you? God wants us to love life and enjoy it to. If spending time with God is exhausting you then perhaps you should look at how you are doing it? Spending time with God should fill you up & put a bounce in your step. Maybe stop trying so hard to be perfect & and just be yourself. Not saying go & do everything under the sun. just relax a little & ask God to show the changes you need to make. hope that makes sense...

K

kenisyes

God, the source of all power and life, does not exhaust anyone but gives life and power to those that are His. Those who are connected to Him have more power. If you feel you have to take a break from God because you are exhausted then you should try to draw closer to God.
I don't want to turn this into an argument, but this is serious business. Pastor Burnout Statistics Not everything in this information applies to the OP, but for anyone contemplating a life of ministry, learning to respect the earthen vessel that holds the treasure is critical.

Sep 1, 2013
I don't want to turn this into an argument, ....learning to respect the earthen vessel that holds the treasure is critical.

I agree… It’s not God causing the exhaustion but how we treat our earthly vessel. One can take a break from mistreating their earthly vessel without taking a break from God. There’s no disagreement here.

W

wanderer

Does your employer install CCTVs all over the office? And you feel your every move is being watched? Privacy is non-existence and every wrong move is observed and your conscience nags at you all the time. All these, makes you want to take a break, right?
Find me two people who love each other very much, who does not give each other, a private time and space, once in a while. A short period to recuperate. A 'break' in other words. It's only human.