something to think about when your talking to your friends...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Matthew211

i know its really long but trust me, its worth reading

Ephesians 4:29
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

Why do we have those conversations? You know which ones I'm talking about. Those less than wholesome, those corrupted, twisted and perverted conversations and comments. The bible says let NO corrupt conversation come out of your mouth, not even if we're just playing around.

Phillipians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever are of good report, if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Our mind produces what you feed it. If you feed it dirty conversation, it will produce dirty thoughts and your actions will follow. I know we're just playing around and it's harmless right?

Matthew 12:34b
... Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

So is our conversation really harmless? I don't think so. I know I sound picky but if we change out conversation we can change our lives.

James 3:4,5
Or look at ships; though they are so large that it takes strong winds to drive them, yet they are guided by a very small rudder wherever the will of the pilot directs. So also the tongue is a small member, yet it boasts great exploits.

Your tongue guides you and what you do, but it only does what you tell it to do. Are you starting to see the importance of you conversation? Think about how many times you have a dirty conversation, what if we replaces that conversation with one about God. God even promises good days if you have control over your tongue.

1 Peter 3:10
For he that will love life, and see good, let him refrain his tongue from evil, his lips that they speak no guile.
This is not something I'm playing around with. This is serious. So serious Jesus said this.

Matthew 12:36
But I say unto you, that every idle word that men. Shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgement.

I want to change my conversation and make it good in Gods eyes. I know I'm not perfect and that I engage in those conversations a lot. I was wondering if you also would like to further your spiritual walk. This is a big deal. We're sinning and we act like we don't care. You know what God says now its time to put your faith into action. If you choose to just ignore this and continue to sin then I question your faith. Do you believe in God and the bible to be the infallible word of God? If so then live by it. I'm not saying you have to be perfect but you gotta try. I know that it's hard, I was trapped in sin too, but I have allowed God to come into my life and change things around. That sin only leads to captivity and destruction. Eventually it will control you and consume every thought, unless you don't let it. I'm telling you now that God is tired of people claiming faith in Him and then not living it out.

Revelation 3:15
I know your works; you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either cold or hot.

Jesus is saying to pick a side. He'd rather have you against him than neither for him nor against him. It's time to start living by the word or to throw it away, but stop sitting on the fence. Either live for God or for sin. Whatever you do I'll be praying for you all. Never forget God loves you, and everyday he's wants you to follow him.

1 Corinthians 10:31
So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do everything for the glory of God.

Channa

Mar 1, 2014
Wow! Thanks for your post. It's good. I'm gonna try it today. A while ago I read Ephesians 5:4. ('Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.')
That's the point you make in your text, right? Anyway. Thanks for this. That God may bless ya.

M

Matthew211

yes but i think its alittle deeper then that lol