Something to think about

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012

In the midstof a world of light and love, of song, feast and dance, who can find nothing moreto think of than their own prestige.

I have tostop and think clearly about the above. What is my motive? What is your motive?What is this group’s motive?

I hear all thetime I am out for your good to do you well, and I think in most cases this istrue, but is it ever without a underlying gain for the person or persons doingthis good deed or deeds?

I think weall need to decide for ourselves in ourselves looking at our own motives beingthe reason we do or do not do, and the asking God to show us truth and for usnot to be deceived into doing good without God’s lead

Proverbs14:12

There is away which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Proverbs16:25

There is away that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

1 John 3:15

Whosoeverhateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternallife abiding in him.

Does not meanwe do not hate the deed(s) even as it can or has been of self in past. For Godloves all but does not rejoice in anyone being harmed

Butsometimes we need to be chastened

Hebrews 12:5

And ye haveforgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son,despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked ofhim:

Hebrews 12:6

For whom theLord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

Hebrews 12:7

If ye endurechastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom thefather chasteneth not?

Hebrews12:10

For theyverily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for ourprofit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

Hebrews12:11

Now nochastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: neverthelessafterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which areexercised thereby.

We get todecide if it is God doing the chastising or is it people because of what they believeto be true or not. I am guilty and have forced my opinion on others. I recantto just do my best to point out truth as in God just love you, period and maybethen I can or you can just love others as well. Still present your point(s) butnow in a loving manner.

Jesus knewwho was and who wasn’t yet he did not accuse, rather he let the conscience ofthe other do the accusations period. God do you think might want the same fromus those that have decided to serve God.

I think sowe all need to hold ourselves accountable and not be like that Pharisee thatsaid

Luke 18:9-14New King James Version (NKJV)

The Parableof the Pharisee and the Tax Collector

9 Also Hespoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous,and despised others: 10 “Twomen went up to the templeto pray, onea Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank Youthat I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust,adulterers, or even as this tax collector. 12 I fasttwice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.’13 And the tax collector,standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat hisbreast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ 14 I tell you, thisman went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone whoexalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

We all have different stories to tell from different experiences,but now when the rubber hits the road have we done as the tax collector or the Pharisee.Now this is written down and was said by Christ prior to the death of Christand before the power of Christ truly revealed as in the resurrection after theproof of his death prior to the resurrection. Regardless after the cross are weor are we not forgiven

Ephesians 1:7 New King James Version (NKJV)

7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgivenessof sins, according to the riches of His grace

Romans 3:24

being justified freely by His grace through the redemptionthat is in Christ Jesus,

1 Corinthians 1:30

But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdomfrom God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption—

Ephesians 1:3

[ Redemption in Christ ] Blessed be the God and Father of ourLord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in theheavenly places in Christ,

So please let us all be a less judgmental:

Lesson your judgmentof others. You never see the whole picture never.

there are 1,000 reasons a person can behave a particular way.You don't know what is going on in their movie that motivates them to act inthat way.You never know how you'd behave if you were in their shoes.Today little bylittle, learn to be more forgiving. Learn to where you can come from a place ofhelp, rather than Judgment.

Judgments are only basedon what one sees, from their owns thoughts. From their own experiences. There is truly only one thatknows all. that one would be and is the creator of all.

If one learns to listen to thecreator as Jesus Christ revealed to all mankind. (He taught us, to do nothingor say nothing w/o Father's instruction first and foremost), we would make theright judgements, with out condemnation. ( coming from the one listening)

The ones that argued would reveal theirtrue selves, as was done in the dayof visitation from our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Steer clear from arguments, seek the truth in all things and one shall be free from theworld and it's traps.

Therefore just seek God for comfort:

"ComfortGod by letting God know that you would see God just to dwell in God’s Presence.Not for teaching, not for material gain, not even for a message, but for God. The longingof the human heart to be loved for itself is something caught from the GreatDivine Heart."

Homwardbound

Last edited: