Sometimes I Feel No One Can Love Me with Four Kids.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 8, 2017
Hey everyone, so I am a single mom of four kiddos. I have been married twice. My first husband was Russian and was very abusive in every way imaginable. We had to run from him with our lives. I married him young. I had never dated before him, and no one had ever explained domestic violence to me, so I thought it was normal. Two children later, I ran from him to save our lives.

Next, I married a man who seemed to be a strong Christian. He was an intern for a pastor, a worship leader, and knew the Word in and out. He said all the right things to fool everyone. I knew he had a past of meth use, but he had accepted Christ and had been sober for two years (so he claimed). Everyone seemed to approve of him, and he was kind to my kiddos, so we married. Six months into our marriage, I discovered he was a closet drinker. Then I discovered he started smoking pot, and eventually went back to meth. I tried to get him into five inpatient recovery programs and counseling during our nine years of marriage. Every time he made many promises to change. I supported the family...by this time we had four children in our home...while he "recovered". Then one night, he punched me repeatedly in the face and threw me into a bathroom on the floor, taking away my phone so I couldn't call for help. Because of my past experience with being abused, I had hid a back-up phone and had him arrested. When he was gone, my children started sharing stories about abuse they had suffered from him while I was at work, and CPS gave me an ultimatum: either he left or my kids would be taken. That was an easy choice for me. I took my children and left that state and that man.

Now here I am, five years later. I'm not afraid to be alone, and God is my strength and peace, but I feel like used goods; like no man will ever love me or my children. Like all hope of knowing a godly marriage is lost. I want to be content, and mostly I am, but there is this inner longing for someone who will actually love me. I almost get men running for the hills when they see I have four children. I'm a good mom, and I will never date anyone who can't accept that my children are a part of me...I just don't know if men like that exist anymore. :'(

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
What I consider to be the biggest tragedy of my life occurred because I did not believe I was lovable. And yet God works for the good of those who love Him. Sometimes it is just difficult to accept that everything has happened for good reasons when we do not even really understand or know the reasons despite looking for answers in a multitude of places. You are right where you are supposed to be sounds likewise hollow at times. Sometimes my internal GPS feels knocked for a loop. Where are we? In this fallen world hurtling toward the end of time for some, and an end to sin, sorrow, suffering, pain and death for others. The latter sounds wonderful. Come Lord Jesus.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
On the other hand, when you find a man who will stay with you and accept your four children, you can be pretty sure that one's a keeper. :cool:

Kudos for supporting four kids on your own, by the way. It ain't easy.

U

Ugly

When I was 21 I began dating a woman with 3 kids. Since then most of the women I've dated had kids. My current gf has two kids. I look forward to the chance of helping raise her kids one day.
My own father married a woman with 3 kids, before I was born.
Yes, men like that exist. That won't just tolerate your kids, but embrace them. But really it's God's call if and when He will bring one to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Hey everyone, so I am a single mom of four kiddos. I have been married twice. My first husband was Russian and was very abusive in every way imaginable. We had to run from him with our lives. I married him young. I had never dated before him, and no one had ever explained domestic violence to me, so I thought it was normal. Two children later, I ran from him to save our lives.

Next, I married a man who seemed to be a strong Christian. He was an intern for a pastor, a worship leader, and knew the Word in and out. He said all the right things to fool everyone. I knew he had a past of meth use, but he had accepted Christ and had been sober for two years (so he claimed). Everyone seemed to approve of him, and he was kind to my kiddos, so we married. Six months into our marriage, I discovered he was a closet drinker. Then I discovered he started smoking pot, and eventually went back to meth. I tried to get him into five inpatient recovery programs and counseling during our nine years of marriage. Every time he made many promises to change. I supported the family...by this time we had four children in our home...while he "recovered". Then one night, he punched me repeatedly in the face and threw me into a bathroom on the floor, taking away my phone so I couldn't call for help. Because of my past experience with being abused, I had hid a back-up phone and had him arrested. When he was gone, my children started sharing stories about abuse they had suffered from him while I was at work, and CPS gave me an ultimatum: either he left or my kids would be taken. That was an easy choice for me. I took my children and left that state and that man.

Now here I am, five years later. I'm not afraid to be alone, and God is my strength and peace, but I feel like used goods; like no man will ever love me or my children. Like all hope of knowing a godly marriage is lost. I want to be content, and mostly I am, but there is this inner longing for someone who will actually love me. I almost get men running for the hills when they see I have four children. I'm a good mom, and I will never date anyone who can't accept that my children are a part of me...I just don't know if men like that exist anymore. :'(
Pray for God to search and find a loving and faithful man of your heart's desire who will love and support you and your children. Such men exists in this world. I'm sure that you are a good mom but now your children need a good father too and you need love and support from such a man who could become your husband.

christian74

Oct 1, 2013
You have an incredible story to share - and I simply want to pray that the right man will be in your life soon, provided by God Himself, that who will love you and take your kids as his own simply because.. he loves you so much. God bless you and your beautiful children and be encouraged. Also, you are not a used goods for sure - I just can tell a lot from that small picture of your family and there's nothing more attractive than a loving and a strong woman, raising four children with her life. Hope is the ability to hear the music of the future (that God is good, He has a good plan for your and He will provide you with the right man) and faith is the courage to dance to it today (so keep your chin up, look forward to that day, and act like it).

S

Spirit2Spirit

Blessings to you and your family. I hear your desire for a partner that you can share your life with that will love you and your children and be a part of your lives. It sounds like, from what you've shared, you are a strong and brave woman to have gone through what you did and still have your children by your side. It sounds like, through all of it, God had your back. He's always been there for you and your children. How blessed you are that today, you are all safe and well and have started over. Good for you. What a blessing that your kids have you for their mom, and them as your kids. It sounds like you did your best at those times in your life and today you are wiser having gone through it.

What I've learned is that we all have our own challenges and trials in life to overcome, including our children, and it's how we choose to see ourselves in those trials, as victims or as an opportunity to help us grow spiritually and stronger and to become better people having gone through it. God never said it would be easy. He said it be worth it.

Hang in there. God hears your prayers for the right and perfect partner that will love you and your kids and be a good influence. God wants us to be specific in our prayers. I just read a powerful book on prayer called The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson. It's about making circles around our prayers. Meaning, keep praying for your right and perfect partner. Be specific. What kind of partner, father, friend, lover, spiritual leader, do you want in your husband/partner? After my divorce, I realized two important things: 1) I needed to make the CHANGE in me before I started dating again. I knew if I didn't change me inside, I would attract the same unhealthy relationship again. 2) I prayed for the right and perfect husband/partner. I got very specific in what kind of man I wanted to marry; has a personal relationship with God, kind, compassionate, healthy mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually, loves kids, kind, respectful, compassionate, loving, etc. I even wrote it down on a piece of paper and taped it to my wall so I could read it every day.

God does answer prayers. Today, I'm married to that right and perfect man for almost twelve years. And, he loves my two kids, from my previous marriage who are now adults, as his own. We even have a child together who is nine yrs. God is good. Stay faithful to Him and to your prayers. You deserve to be happy and loved and God wants that for you too.

I will pray for you and your right and perfect partner and for your kids. God bless your family.