son arrested

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

newdawn

I just found out today my son got arrested. He knows he was wrong. His girlfriend was breaking up with him, he went out and got drunk. He went this guys car and broke out the window. I don't know all the details but I'm exhausted from crying. His life will never be the same, probably get probation. He grew up with a Dad who was in and out of addiction programs. I brought him up in church and he knows right and wrong, but I fear he has a hole in his heart he hasn't let God fill even though he accepted Christ as his Savior at a young age. He will get a court date August 10th. Hard to just wait.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Praying for you and your son....especially that this serves as a wake-up call for him. I know it's hard to see your son have to deal with the police but they might be able to put some healthy fear into him. Praying for strength and guidance for you both.

R

rauleetoe

If he gets probation thats not too bad..God uses even these kind of things to refocus our eyes on him...

N

NinJaGGS

God never abandoned me through all the stupid things I've done. God will not abandon him.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
It may be a turning point for him my friend.

Peace and Blessings in the name of Yahvah God and Yahshua the Messiah.

P

PEACE2U

I pray that God gives you steadfast stregnth, and peace n this time of turbulance. Take each step one at a time, don't beat yourself up. Take each day as it comes. I know, my brother went to prison. He'll be OK, and so will you. Don't let the burden of dought overtake you, be at peace. Things will be better and this will pass.I know it may seem hard but try to look past this and realize that this is just a bump in the road, cuz thats what it is. Reel him back in and keep nutruing him on the right path. God be with you, and God Bless.

M

MRSDS

Hi newdawn, May the Lord's grace be with you and your son. May the Lord keep you in his strength and protection.
The Lord is with you. I may not know how he sometimes work but I know his heart. A mother 's pray is powerful thru Christ Jesus.
Blessings :)

P

psychomom

When you are young and childless you never expect to feel more pain when something happens to your baby than to you, right? :(
And I know that, however old your son is, he's still your baby boy. And I know this must have sent things crashing for you.
I weep with you, my dear sister. I want you to know that. Though it was his fault, it doesn't matter to a mother's heart.

Abba, You are the original parent, and through You we get this tender love for our children. I come to you for newdawn, and ask that You hold her close, and quiet her fears. I thank You that not one single tear goes unnoticed by you, and that You alone know how desperate she feels. Mostly I praise you for sending Your own Holy Spirit to comfort her now and always. I ask that You would speak to her heart as she sits with You, and reads the letters of love You have given her. I thank You that You are with her intimately every moment of her life. ♥
Lord God, my Father, I also ask You to do a mighty work on behalf of this lovely woman's son. His reaction wasn't good, but who among us can say we haven't reacted badly to something?? We understand, and I know You don't condone or accept his reaction, but You, who were a man, understand it and have compassion for him. I ask that you would reach out to him in this dark place he finds himself, and be his Light. One small candle can dispell a lot of darkness, Abba, but Your Light is that of Truth, and is brighter than any other. Shine the Light of Truth into this young man's heart, and show him where You alone can help him. Be his guide through the upcoming process, and please, Lord, You, and no one else be his true Advocate when he goes to court.
Show him his great need of You, and that You would be so pleased if he would allow You to meet that need.
I ask these things in faith, through the power of the One who went to the cross for us, Amen!

I hope you will keep us posted, newdawn, and that you will know that the One who saved you works for you, even in this.
With love from another mother's heart,
ellie

N

newdawn

Thank you for the advice. It takes all I have to keep my heart focused on the Lord. This is not something I can talk to a lot of people about, so I appreciate it. I have a hard time calming down inside. My eyes are swollen from crying and I'm trying not to. I know God can use this to bring him closer. There are practical things I worry about. He has enough just to get by on and this will surely set him back. I was just hoping better things without trouble. Thanks

N

newdawn

Thank you pschomom for that beautiful, heartfelt prayer. I will read it over and over. I will try to draw nearer to the Lord and encourage him as well. I don't have a church home, so please pray I find one I genuinely fit in. My son needs one also and hopefully a 12 step program, something to work out his anger. He was raised without a Dad around except on occasion. He lives far away from me and he needs support. He keeps falling back with old friends for lack of new ones. No excuse, just easy to do.
Please pray I don't sink into depression. I had a huge breakup, have a horrible job (spend all my time online looking) and am sort of in a new town so no friends or church yet. I hate to be a "downer" type person and it makes me sad to feel this alone.

P

psychomom

Sweet sister, don't you spend one millisecond worrying about being a " downer" ! I'd hazard a bet there's not one person reading who can't relate to that!

I'm so glad you posted these further needs so we can seek the Lord's wisdom for you. I can't imagine being where you are at our age. :(
You and your son will stay in my prayers. I look forward to the day when we can rejoice with you over His answers.

love,
ellie

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying for you and your son for all the healing, care, and all salvation and provision needed in Jesus Christ is Lord.

Hugs and God bless
pickles

S

shekaniah

I cried too when I felt your pain as a mom.
We wish we can undo some of the things that happen to our kids. :(
Just remember God can use this for His good.

I will be praying for peace, wisdom and God's comfort for you all!
Love in Jesus, Shekaniah

Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

R

Risen

Dear heavenly I pray that you bring comfort to this mum and all the other mums that are having the same problem. Let them know that you do love their children and as long as we continue to uphold them in our prayers you will continue to steer them in the right direction. I pray that you keep his son safe and remind him he is dearly loved and missed by his mum. Dear Lord please look after mum too in Jesus name amen