Sorta of Church Hopping/shopping What ever you want to call it

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 9, 2014
So, recently I found a church I like somewhat close to home, now there is one a bit closer basically in a walking distance from where I live. There two different nominations, one is Methodist the one that I really like, the other is Baptist the one I haven't yet attended. I am more of those people that are into the non-denomination churches, but I prefer where I learn from the word, not from someone blasting politic views (something I have experience in the past) at me, but I like both hymns, and the new christian worship music.
Now there is a third church, I really haven't been to, but I think I got to listen to their sermons, pretty decent. Yet it's pretty far from where I live, and though I do have a friend or two who goes to the church, so I thinking about asking for a ride. But there times are all different

Church One starts around 9:30 and ends around 10:10 always an awesome message.
Church Two starts around 10:30, and I have a bike so it should take only ten minutes to get the church 2
Church Three starts around 6:00 PM and not a hundred percent sure how I will get there

So, now my question is two different questions,
Would you see church hopping is bad, (going from one church to another each week, or as above?)
Or would it be more of a finding your true faith kind of deal?

Please if you have any advice on this, and why you think it may be a good idea, or bad idea to attend each church on the same day different days and explain...Thank you for your patience, and sorry for any grammar or non-paraghs

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Be careful about overchurching yourself would be my first comment. It may be fine for a time of church shopping to go to multiple services on a Sunday, but if there comes a time when getting to all the services feels like a burden and work rather than something you enjoy, it's time to cut back. You can get over involved.

Second comment (and one I'm not being so good at following myself right now) is that you really should try out a small group at each church. You probably won't feel very connected or involved just showing up on Sunday mornings.

Third thought: a 40 minute church service? how do they have time for everything? :p

Hope your search goes well.

Feb 7, 2015
"Church-hop" for 6 months or even a year. You will find yourself being drawn back to one church more than the others. Go with that one.

Feb 7, 2015
Be careful about overchurching yourself would be my first comment. It may be fine for a time of church shopping to go to multiple services on a Sunday, but if there comes a time when getting to all the services feels like a burden and work rather than something you enjoy, it's time to cut back. You can get over involved.

Second comment (and one I'm not being so good at following myself right now) is that you really should try out a small group at each church. You probably won't feel very connected or involved just showing up on Sunday mornings.

Third thought: a 40 minute church service? how do they have time for everything? :p

Hope your search goes well.
I agree with the small groups.

And, I can't imagine just the sermon, alone, being less than 45 minutes.

H

HisHolly

God talks about us as being like trees planted.. Moving doesn't allow you to grow properly