Sowing & Reaping

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

popeye

"Are ye not carnal"? (in the flesh) are Pauls exact words to a whole group of identified "Christians" ... some on this thread are missing about half of the New Testament epistles that deal with this very issue of carnal "Christians"...in the flesh.
Ya
Bingo
No brainer

Thank you ??????

P

popeye

"Are ye not carnal"? (in the flesh) are Pauls exact words to a whole group of identified "Christians" ... some on this thread are missing about half of the New Testament epistles that deal with this very issue of carnal "Christians"...in the flesh.
Ya
Bingo
No brainer

Thank you

Nov 22, 2015
They certainly were being carnal! Fleshly thinking will cause all sorts of bad behavior! Amen!

But we are not "in the flesh" or we are not Christians....if we do not have the Spirit of Christ we are in the flesh..I know..it seems to be confusing but we can walk in a "carnal" way by choosing those bad behaviors but it does not affect our true identity in Christ...as you can see from the scripture below..

Romans 8:9-10 (NASB)
[SUP]9 [/SUP] However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.
[SUP]10 [/SUP] If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness.

P

popeye

I have no idea how that double post happened

Could be my phone

M

Mitspa

They certainly were being carnal! Fleshly thinking will cause all sorts of bad behavior! Amen!

But we are not "in the flesh" or we are not Christians....if we do not have the Spirit of Christ we are in the flesh..I know..it seems to be confusing but we can walk in a "carnal" way by choosing those bad behaviors but it does not affect our true identity in Christ...as you can see from the scripture below..

Romans 8:9-10 (NASB)
[SUP]9 [/SUP] However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.
[SUP]10 [/SUP] If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness.
Its not confusing if you read the scriptures in context and don't take one to stand alone and try to build a false doctrine based on one scripture. And you cant assume folks will walk in the spirit just because you tell them they have the spirit or are in the spirit...that's not how it works . Walking in the spirit is a battle and it takes the Cross of Christ. "labor to enter into the rest"

P

popeye

Its not confusing if you read the scriptures in context and don't take one to stand alone and try to build a false doctrine based on one scripture. And you cant assume folks will walk in the spirit just because you tell them they have the spirit or are in the spirit...that's not how it works . Walking in the spirit is a battle and it takes the Cross of Christ. "labor to enter into the rest"
Yep

And as we press on to the soon return of Jesus,it ain't gonna get easier.

Things are already getting more intense.

F

FreeNChrist

Not at all. We live by grace.

When we come to Christ we are New Creations and the slate is wiped clean. :)
Wipes away our sins, but not necessarily all of the consequences of those sins. If I murdered someone and was convicted and given a life sentence without the possibility of parole, and then come to Christ while incarcerated, I will still remain in prison till the day I die and the person I murdered will still be very dead.

Nov 22, 2015
Obviously you missed what I was saying....but that's ok.:)

Yes...walking "by" the Spirit ( our real nature in Christ in the new creation ) is a battle and a choice and thank Jesus for the cross where we were crucified with Him....we have a new creation....an inner man...with His righteousness and holiness in us....Let's choose to walk according to who we are!...and not according to the flesh!

it's a great salvation we have in HIm!

Nov 22, 2015
That is so true in a lot of cases!...still I have seen miracles where they got out...sometimes it happens but definitely not the norm.

Wipes away our sins, but not necessarily all of the consequences of those sins. If I murdered someone and was convicted and given a life sentence without the possibility of parole, and then come to Christ while incarcerated, I will still remain in prison till the day I die and the person I murdered will still be very dead.

F

FreeNChrist

That is so true in a lot of cases!...still I have seen miracles where they got out...sometimes it happens but definitely not the norm.
And the person who was murdered? Is that consequence removed?

Nov 22, 2015
No..that consequence of the murdered person was still there....sorry....I thought you were talking about the person doing the harm..

And the person who was murdered? Is that consequence removed?

P

pottersclay

Blessings or cursing?

M

Miri

This subject is so big God is so big and we are so small in our
understanding and thinking.

I think it is possible that something obvious will occur and then the
consequences are obvious to all concerned. For example sleep
around and you risk health problems or pregnancy.

I think sometimes though we are completely unaware of what we are
sowing and therefore puzzled by the consequences. Also some
consequences can occur straight away while others can occur years
down the line.

Then there are times when things happen for no reasons that we can
possibly establish in the natural. God's ways however are far higher
than ours, His thoughts far higher than ours.

One thing did come to mind, we fight the world the flesh and the devil.

For example what did Job sow that he reaped such devastation?
Well nothing according to the bible, but he was fighting the schemes of
the devil! Sometimes it can just be that the devil goes around like
a roaring lion seeking to cause destruction. I suspect this happens
more than we think but Satan would rather we blame each other or
blame God. Job's friends certainly tried to blame him.

We, just like the disciples, are also quick to ask
"why is this man blind was it his sin or his parents sin".

John 9:2-3 NKJV
[2] And His disciples asked Him, saying, "Rabbi, who sinned, this
man or his parents, that he was born blind?" [3] Jesus answered, "Neither
this man nor his parents sinned, but that the works of God should
be revealed in him.

Incidentally I believe the man was born blind, not because God caused it,
but because we live in a fallen world where sickness occurs. But God in his
mercy healed the man.

Thankfully God often does negate the consequences of our own mistakes and wrong
doing, probably far more than we ever realise. But there are other times when
we need to reap what we sow otherwise how would we ever learn. It is also not
a good idea to deliberately go and act unwisely thinking God will bail us out.
It's not good to tempt God.

I suppose its like any parent you want your children to grow and learn what is right
and wrong. But you hope the lessons won't be so painful as to lead to destruction.

P

popeye

This subject is so big God is so big and we are so small in our
understanding and thinking.

I think it is possible that something obvious will occur and then the
consequences are obvious to all concerned. For example sleep
around and you risk health problems or pregnancy.

I think sometimes though we are completely unaware of what we are
sowing and therefore puzzled by the consequences. Also some
consequences can occur straight away while others can occur years
down the line.

Then there are times when things happen for no reasons that we can
possibly establish in the natural. God's ways however are far higher
than ours, His thoughts far higher than ours.

One thing did come to mind, we fight the world the flesh and the devil.

For example what did Job sow that he reaped such devastation?
Well nothing according to the bible, but he was fighting the schemes of
the devil! Sometimes it can just be that the devil goes around like
a roaring lion seeking to cause destruction. I suspect this happens
more than we think but Satan would rather we blame each other or
blame God. Job's friends certainly tried to blame him.

We, just like the disciples, are also quick to ask
"why is this man blind was it his sin or his parents sin".

John 9:2-3 NKJV
[2] And His disciples asked Him, saying, "Rabbi, who sinned, this
man or his parents, that he was born blind?" [3] Jesus answered, "Neither
this man nor his parents sinned, but that the works of God should
be revealed in him.

Incidentally I believe the man was born blind, not because God caused it,
but because we live in a fallen world where sickness occurs. But God in his
mercy healed the man.

Thankfully God often does negate the consequences of our own mistakes and wrong
doing, probably far more than we ever realise. But there are other times when
we need to reap what we sow otherwise how would we ever learn. It is also not
a good idea to deliberately go and act unwisely thinking God will bail us out.
It's not good to tempt God.

I suppose its like any parent you want your children to grow and learn what is right
and wrong. But you hope the lessons won't be so painful as to lead to destruction.
I enjoyed reading this.

Nicely done