Speak not I'll of the dead.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Lookkingglass

"Depart from me all ye workers of iniquity: For the Lord the voice of my weeping."
At the bed side of the dieing do not argue, do not devide up the family property. Let the dieing go in true peace. What is left behind is unimportant. What lies ahead is important.
God gave you at birth the same thing you'll be allowed to take with you.

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
Just curious - how many bedsides have you been at of the dying and heard arguing and dividing up of family property?

L

Lookkingglass

With respect I have heard of many people speak of this happening. Be they rich or poor familys can be that way.

E

ember

huh

which is why, I suppose, the wise person will make sure they have an iron clad will

If they love their family, they will want to make sure they leave it in peace

God gave you at birth the same thing you'll be allowed to take with you.
well no...if you are a believer, you can exit in peace if you are dying in bed, and be a testimony to the unbelievers in your family

AND!! you get a NEW body...much better+

M

Miri

To the OP

Not sure what you are saying, are you trying to suggest that families should
accept the final will or wishes of someone who has died.

Are you trying to say that any estate should not be given to the next of kin
(that wouldn't work in the UK as any unclaimed estate goes to the government
to do with as they please).

Or are you just letting off steam about something which has upset you personally.

Actually what is left behind is very important to family members who want to
remember someone who was very dear to them.

It was certainly important to God as he wanted to ensure his people retained
their land and that it was passed down the generations. Remember the
story of Ruth and Boaz and the kinsmen redeemer.

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
With respect I have heard of many people speak of this happening. Be they rich or poor familys can be that way.
There might be family feuding over the will and property after the person has died, but I never heard it done at a dying person's bedside, and I have been at many deathbeds while working in hospice.

Don't listen to gossip - you have only "heard of". Even if this has happened, it hardly is worth a sermon to all of us today.

E

ember

Not really sure what all the purpose was...oh well