Speaking about God to Atheistic friend with torn childhood

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
W

wgeurts

I have a Mexican/English friend called Sam, he is a great friend and is in general a great person. Yet he blocks God in any way shape or form. I often try to start a conversation about faith or slip in something about the Bible yet he just blocks it and nothing helps. His family is not Christian and he has had an odd childhood; (Possible prayer point)

He was born in England and lived there with his mum and dad until 5 years ago as they divorced. Sams mum and one brother then moved to Holland where I met him and 1 year after moving his mum started to live at her new boyfriends house. In the beginning all was good but Sams mums boyfriend started acting horrible to him and his brother occasionaly leading to physical abuse. His mum left him and got a flat, Sam now had two half brothers and one half sister. He lived in the flat with his mum, brother and half brother until his brother got depressed because of earlier experiences. His dad moved him to England where he now lives with Sams grandmother. So now Sam is alone with his mum and toddler half-brother in a small flat. He is not depressed but he has too much responsability for his age.

I pray for improvement and that Sam would come to christ yet after months there is no change. Is there anything else I can do?
sorry for the bad English, I am Dutch :D (Hollands sooooo winning football wc)

Feb 16, 2014
If you sincerely believe someone is going to burn in hell for all eternity, and they need to accept God and Jesus as their savior as a means of avoiding such punishment, it's good to talk to people about God. As an atheist, I don't believe there is a heaven or hell, but at least people who do believe are concerned with saving the souls of others.

I can't help you convert your friend to Christianity. All I can say is that whether or not you try to convince your friend God is real, you should ask him why he doesn't believe in God and what he thinks about Christianity, and start from there. This will help open your friend up to communication if he isn't already open to it.

I find conversations with Christians quite pleasant when they sincerely ask me what I believe, rather than tell me what I believe. For example, I've had many Christians tell me that I choose not to believe in God because I want an excuse to sin. This is obviously untrue. So, make sure you don't make assumptions about your friend's views and if you don't know what he thinks about something, just ask. Assuming will only make it harder to communicate with him and you'll never be the wiser.

W

wgeurts

Thank you I will try this.