Speaking evil of Dignities

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

prove-all

May 16, 2014
Those Speaking evil of dignities- should we also?
Did Jesus or the Angeles, or David ?

In ancient Israel, King Saul’s agenda was to murder David, but he still knew it would
be wrong to kill King Saul when the opportunity came, instead cutting off only a small
piece of his robe (1 Samuel 24:3-4).

Even that turned out to be more than the future king could stomach (verse 5).
King Saul was no longer in favor with God, prophesied to lose his office, and chasing David
himself like a wild animal for slaughter. Still, David’s respect for King Saul’s God-ordained
office came first: “The Lord forbid that I should do this thing unto my master, the Lord’s
anointed, to stretch forth mine hand against him, seeing he is the anointed of the Lord” .

Jesus Christ showed respect to every human ruler He came into contact with,
not because of the men [only], but because of the offices they held.
He didn’t even [rail against those] who murdered Him.

Jude 8-10
warns about speaking evil of dignities, pointing out that the archangel Michael, while conten-
ding with Satan for Moses’s body, “durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said,

The Lord rebuke thee. But these [speak evil] of those things which they know not: but what
they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things [they corrupt themselves].”

That was talking about the most evil being ever to exist.

The Apostle Paul wrote: “For there is [no authority] except from God, and those that exist have
been instituted by God. Therefore he who resists the authorities resist what God has appointed ”
-

We may have elections, but no man takes office without God allowing him to do so.
Proverbs 16:33 The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the Lord.
cf: Lev 16:8,Ex 28:30, Lev 8:8, Num 27:21, Deut 33:8, 1 Sam 14:41-42, 28:6, Num 26:55 ...

Act 1:24-Matthias was chosen by lot. Notice the context...
God made the choice, the lot was the instrument God used to reveal His will.

So We may throw the dice or have elections, but the Lord determines how they fall.
But God will give the people what they deserver, or by purpuse or desire-

We the people , and the sharp down grade of morals that is bringing this country down.

The spirit of rebellion against those in office comes from Satan. He expressed his own
desire to overthrow God’s government. No human leader has ever led a perfect government.
God does not sanction abusive leadership, but He will judge those men—[not us].

Our respect for their offices—our respect for the God who allows them to hold their offices!
Should we follow the marches and chanting, and descend into speaking evil of dignities?

The next time you read a news source slamming one of this world’s leaders, ask yourself what
the intent is. The United States was built on freedom of speech, and every man should have a
voice—especially as we see the American economy systematically dismantled and society
collapsing morally. But there is a difference between simply exposing a wrong agenda and
disrespecting a dignitary—something a true Christian should never do.

Do the news sources you use deliberately strip President Obama’s or Trumps title as
a means of removing the dignity of his office? Do they mock him with cartoons and use
the worst images of him they can find?

Do the discussions you join go beyond attacking a wrong agenda
—attacking sin—and descend into speaking evil of dignities?

Rather than join in with a show of disrespect, honor the highest office in the country—
the president of the United States—or any others leaders over you
by attacking sin, not the sinner, just as Jesus Christ would.

x
The name Daniel means either God is judge or God is my judge

Daniel’s book demonstrates the overarching sovereignty of God.
He rules and judges all men—whether Israelite, Jew or Gentile

the living may know the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men,and giveth it
to whomsoever he will,and setteth up over it the basest of men: Daniel 4:17
And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings:
he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:

29Therefore I make a decree, That every people, nation, and language, which speak any thing
amiss against the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed–nego, shall be cut in pieces, and their
houses shall be made a dunghill: because there is no other God that can deliver after this sort.

37Now I Nebuchadnezzar praise and extol and honour the King of heaven, all whose works
are truth, and his ways judgment: and those that walk in pride he is able to abase.

25Then king Darius wrote unto all people, nations, and languages, that dwell in all the earth;..
26 I make a decree, That in every dominion of my kingdom men tremble and fear before
the God of Daniel: for he is the living God, and stedfast for ever, and his kingdom that
which shall not be destroyed, and his dominion shall be even unto the end.