Speaking In Tongues / Glossolalia

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

nettie

Hello Brothers and Sisters! :)

I would like to get some feedback to what both you and your church believes or stand about speaking in tongues, specifically churches here in Philippines.

Some background about me: I believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit and that all gifts still exists today, so yep, I do believe in speaking in tongues. You can say I'm pentecostal, but I aligned most of what I believe with the Southern Baptists. And I'm very conservative. My home church believes in speaking in tongues, but stand in 1 Corinthians 14:27-28 and 1 Corinthians 14:19. So we never really practice speaking in tongues and also my church is seeker-friendly. My church also rarely mentions this gift.

Moreover, I want to share that I was once invited to attend this church by an old friend and I went together with this buddy who is not yet a born again believer. But she's a very honest seeker and very intelligent. The church began with speaking in tongues, and also the pastor is a female, so it's kinda liberal. After a service, my friend bombarded me with a lot of questions about it.

So now, I thought most protestant churches here in out country doesn't practice speaking in tongues, which I guess very naive of me. So I would like to ask Filipinos here in Christian Chat what their experience about it to help me more understand this spiritual gift in today's churches.

OK lang reply in Filipino, and of course even other Christian Chat members from other countries can provide their views.

Thank you and God bless you! :)

watcher2013

Aug 6, 2013
Hello Brothers and Sisters! :)

I would like to get some feedback to what both you and your church believes or stand about speaking in tongues, specifically churches here in Philippines.

Some background about me: I believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit and that all gifts still exists today, so yep, I do believe in speaking in tongues. You can say I'm pentecostal, but I aligned most of what I believe with the Southern Baptists. And I'm very conservative. My home church believes in speaking in tongues, but stand in 1 Corinthians 14:27-28 and 1 Corinthians 14:19. So we never really practice speaking in tongues and also my church is seeker-friendly. My church also rarely mentions this gift.

Moreover, I want to share that I was once invited to attend this church by an old friend and I went together with this buddy who is not yet a born again believer. But she's a very honest seeker and very intelligent. The church began with speaking in tongues, and also the pastor is a female, so it's kinda liberal. After a service, my friend bombarded me with a lot of questions about it.

So now, I thought most protestant churches here in out country doesn't practice speaking in tongues, which I guess very naive of me. So I would like to ask Filipinos here in Christian Chat what their experience about it to help me more understand this spiritual gift in today's churches.

OK lang reply in Filipino, and of course even other Christian Chat members from other countries can provide their views.

Thank you and God bless you! :)
Hi nettie,

eto sabi ni Paul:
1Co 14:5I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.

1Co 14:5

Ibig ko sanang kayong lahat ay mangagsalita ng mga wika, datapuwa't lalo na ang kayo'y magsipanghula: at lalong dakila ang nanghuhula kay sa nagsasalita ng mga wika, maliban na kung siya'y magpapaliwanag upang ang iglesia ay mapagtibay.

1. Gusto ni Paul na magsalita lahat ng wika or speak in tongues...(ibig sabihin di lahat nagsasalita ng wika)
2. Yung hula sa verse na ito eh hindi gaya nung manghuhula sa RECTO...
3. It is good to speak in tongues kung maipapaliwanag...

Kung di maipapaliwanag eh para sa sariling edification lng...

Kung may gifts ka to speak in other tongues praise God...

Meron kasi iba niloloko lng nila sarili nila...

magsasalita..ng shabalala..lala..bala...lalra..shabalala...ralala...blah..blah..blah...puro kalokohan... just to show to others that they can mumble...lol

Notice ACts 2 ...speak in tongues is speaking in other language..like..English..French..german...Ilocano...etc...

Act 2:8 At bakit nga naririnig ng bawa't isa sa atin, ang ating sariling wikang kinamulatan?
Act 2:9 Tayong mga Parto, at mga Medo, at mga Elamita, at ang nangananahan sa Mesapotamia, sa Judea, at sa Capadocia, sa Ponto at sa Asia,
Act 2:10 Sa Frigia at Pamfilia, sa Egipto at sa mga sakop ng Libia na karatig ng Cirene at mga nakikipamayang galing sa Roma, mga Judio, at gayon din ang mga naging Judio,
Act 2:11 Mga Cretense at mga Arabe, ay nangaririnig nating nagsisipagsalita sila sa ating mga wika ng mga makapangyarihang gawa ng Dios.
WIKA NG IBA...at hindi ito pinagaaralan..immediately yun...

at kung wala ka nmn gifts ng tongues..wag mo pilitin...

Last edited: