Speaking the truth

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

ngmoody

Should we speak the truth to one or another even though we may cross lines and feelings may be hurt. (side note: im not talking about cursing or be littling people.)

S

sureshjames

truth is better than a lie

Sep 3, 2012
Should we speak the truth to one or another even though we may cross lines and feelings may be hurt. (side note: im not talking about cursing or be littling people.)
As long as you speak it in love, and not to prove a point or be harsh..

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
yes we absolutely speak the truth. just be careful to speak The Truth, not your truth when it comes to theology. way too many Christians mix their truth with what the Bible really says. you can and should have personal truth, but take care not to try to force it on other people.

N

nathan3

[size=+1]If its God's truth that your sharing , which is offending people, then they just may need to be offended.

They might heal up a lot better, and thank you for it later. If not, then let them continue if that's what they want, into the traditions of men.

Man's sayings and teachings, most often try to make you feel good and tell you want you want, to hear. Leading people down prim rose lane; and astray from God's words.

Who we should be cautious Not to offend is God: by being offended by His Truth ( because maybe, it might not be popular to people and your friends ).

Be cautious about that, Because that is dangerous . [/size]

Last edited:

38miles

yes we absolutely speak the truth. just be careful to speak The Truth, not your truth when it comes to theology. way too many Christians mix their truth with what the Bible really says. you can and should have personal truth, but take care not to try to force it on other people.
Thank you for that...I'm really struggling with this actually, but really praying about it.

2Thewaters

Jesus only ever spoke the word's his father gave to him

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
John 14:25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

So if we only speak the words of the bible, we do well,
and the holy spirit comes to be with us.
and the father dwells with us
and we in him.

Jan 6, 2014
God commanded us not to lie, (Do not bear false witness). We should always speak the truth in a gentle and kind way, not seeking to offend anyone. If we are offending others by our actions or words then we are not abiding in the truth.
Just a thought

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
a love that would hide the Truth is not the Love of God, for He is Truth.

hear what the Lord said to Israel before her captivity, while the false prophets said there would be peace:

The conspiracy of her prophets in her midst is like a roaring lion tearing the prey; they have devoured human lives; they have taken treasure and precious things; they have made many widows in her midst.
Her priests have done violence to my law and have profaned my holy things. They have made no distinction between the holy and the common, neither have they taught the difference between the unclean and the clean, and they have disregarded my Sabbaths, so that I am profaned among them.
Her princes in her midst are like wolves tearing the prey, shedding blood, destroying lives to get dishonest gain. And her prophets have smeared whitewash for them, seeing false visions and divining lies for them, saying, ‘Thus says the Lord God,’ when the Lord has not spoken.
(Ezekiel 22:25-28)

what kind of "love" smears whitewash all over a filthy wall? Love cleans the wall; Love doesn't pretend there is no grime.

false teachers say "God is Love" and ignore iniquity. they say "i love you" and neglect to tend your wounds. if the Truth and your idea of soft and cuddly love are at odds, stand on the Truth; true Love does not lie.

My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him. For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things. Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.
(1 John 3:18-21)

God didn't call you to never say an unkind word. God didn't call you to avoid offending anyone at all costs. God didn't call you to flatter everyone and do your best to see that no one was ever upset. He called you to walk in the light. that light is Truth​.

2Thewaters

Truth at the wrong time is damaging:

1 Cor 3:2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
1 Cor 3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

Mark 4:33 And with many such parables spake he the word unto them, as they were able to hear it.
Mark 4:34 But without a parable spake he not unto them: and when they were alone, he expounded all things to his disciples.

remember,
Jesus GENTLENESS is great

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Mark 4:33 And with many such parables spake he the word unto them, as they were able to hear it.
Mark 4:34 But without a parable spake he not unto them: and when they were alone, he expounded all things to his disciples.

And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
He answered and said unto them,
Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
(Matthew 13:10)