Speculative question regarding abortion and John 1:9

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
You would be surprised by what modern science has achieved. They usually wait decades before they make their secrets available to the public. So if we think todays technology is amazing, then we would be gob smacked by how advanced they actually are.

The scientific community have been developing Artificial Intelligence and Nano technology for many years now, the public is blissfully unaware at how much power and control that gives them over our lives. It actually a good thing they keep it secret from us as it would blow our minds.
It's a joke. Take off your tinfoil hat and loosen your tie. It's choking off oxygen to the brain.

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
They already do. "A prenatal or pregnancy ultrasound uses sound waves to create a picture of your baby on a screen. Pregnancy care providers use it to check on the health of your baby and detect certain pregnancy complications. Most people have two ultrasounds during pregnancy, but you may have more if your provider feels it’s medically necessary."
https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diagnostics/9704-ultrasound-in-pregnancy

Doctors can give a baby anesthetic separate from the mother. They know life, they aren't that stupid.

Mar 7, 2024
It's a joke. Take off your tinfoil hat and loosen your tie. It's choking off oxygen to the brain.
There you go, proving my pint that the public is better off not knowing how advanced science is today. Sadly the general public are always the last to find out the horrible truth that they are treated as Guineapigs and dispensable commodities.

God said "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge" or (Ignorance of the truth). Just consider how many have people have fallen victim to their blissful ignorance. They let their guard down and allow the enemy to destroy them.

God said, "put on the whole armor of God", so it's extremely dangerous to ignore that warning and think that the enemy will leave us alone.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
There you go, proving my pint that the public is better off not knowing how advanced science is today. Sadly the general public are always the last to find out the horrible truth that they are treated as Guineapigs and dispensable commodities.

God said "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge" or (Ignorance of the truth). Just consider how many have people have fallen victim to their blissful ignorance. They let their guard down and allow the enemy to destroy them.

God said, "put on the whole armor of God", so it's extremely dangerous to ignore that warning and think that the enemy will leave us alone.
That's a lot of assumptions. Perhaps my initial prognosis was lacking. Perhaps you should also get out of the basement and get a little fresh air and some exercise.

Mar 7, 2024
That's a lot of assumptions. Perhaps my initial prognosis was lacking. Perhaps you should also get out of the basement and get a little fresh air and some exercise.
As they say ignorance is bliss. The only problem with insisting on the right to remain ignorant of the facts, is reality eventually blows up in ones face and snuffs them out.

I would rather be equipped with the facts, because to be forewarned is to be forearmed. So thanks for your opinion but, I must reject it as it was born out of deadly ignorance

Mar 4, 2024
John 1:9
That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

I'm just wondering if anyone sees this the same way I kind of do. From this verse it is I guess sort of implied that someone is born when they come into the world, I was wondering if anyone sees it this way: that someone is not alive until they're born? Just from this verse alone. I know that if someone is delivered prematurely that they can still survive, so it might be logical to conclude that someone is alive in the womb... but from this verse perhaps someone needs to be born to be alive? Perhaps it is only after the birthing process that someone is actually alive (even though there is kicking in the womb)? Something that has kind of occurred to me is that if every aborted fetus goes to heaven and is a child there (perhaps that fetus would grow to a child and then the child would be with everyone else) that would be A LOT of people in heaven and in the Millenial Kingdom... something that sort of has a peculiarity to me.
Again, a tough one. Basically, the mother feels like she has sinned if she has an abortion. There is a whole lot of guilt there.

Sep 24, 2012
Again, a tough one. Basically, the mother feels like she has sinned if she has an abortion. There is a whole lot of guilt there.
Ah, if you read further in the thread you will see at least one verse that shows a baby alive in the womb. I think there might be another verse in this thread, and I think I had read both before, but I don't know if they were on my mind when I made this thread.

Mar 4, 2024
Ah, if you read further in the thread you will see at least one verse that shows a baby alive in the womb. I think there might be another verse in this thread, and I think I had read both before, but I don't know if they were on my mind when I made this thread.
Obviously Ps 139:13 …knit me together in my mother’s womb.” The long and short of it is that the mother is the one who suffers. The rest is just trying to win an argument, which accomplishes nothing.

notmyown

May 26, 2016
I have yet to see a "fetus reveal" party. Enough said, even liberals know it's a baby. ;)
this actually grinds my corn. we've all become accustomed to hearing words like embryo and fetus. these are words the death cult uses in an attempt to dehumanize the BABY. it's a little human baby.

and of course they know there's life there, but if they classify the baby in utero as a living person, well, that would make abortion murder (gasp!). i'm relatively certain murder is a crime. :cry:

notmyown

May 26, 2016

I'm just wondering if anyone sees this the same way I kind of do. From this verse it is I guess sort of implied that someone is born when they come into the world, I was wondering if anyone sees it this way: that someone is not alive until they're born? Just from this verse alone. I know that if someone is delivered prematurely that they can still survive, so it might be logical to conclude that someone is alive in the womb... but from this verse perhaps someone needs to be born to be alive? Perhaps it is only after the birthing process that someone is actually alive (even though there is kicking in the womb)? Something that has kind of occurred to me is that if every aborted fetus goes to heaven and is a child there (perhaps that fetus would grow to a child and then the child would be with everyone else) that would be A LOT of people in heaven and in the Millenial Kingdom... something that sort of has a peculiarity to me.
hello, Lee :)

i think if you check a few other translations, you will get a clearer picture of what John is telling us.

John's subject since verse one has been our Lord Jesus. John begins speaking of Him as the Word, and then switches to speaking of Him as the Light. here's v 9--

The true light, which gives light to everyone, was coming into the world. (ESV)

The true Light who gives light to every man was coming into the world. (BSB)

There was the true light which, coming into the world, enlightens every man. (NAS)

i'm belaboring this because i wondered if the wording of the KJV caused you to think the phrase "cometh into the world" referred to all us puny humans? i believe it's Christ's coming into the world being spoken of. John hasn't changed the very important subject of Jesus.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
hello, Lee :)

i think if you check a few other translations, you will get a clearer picture of what John is telling us.

John's subject since verse one has been our Lord Jesus. John begins speaking of Him as the Word, and then switches to speaking of Him as the Light. here's v 9--

The true light, which gives light to everyone, was coming into the world. (ESV)

The true Light who gives light to every man was coming into the world. (BSB)

There was the true light which, coming into the world, enlightens every man. (NAS)

i'm belaboring this because i wondered if the wording of the KJV caused you to think the phrase "cometh into the world" referred to all us puny humans? i believe it's Christ's coming into the world being spoken of. John hasn't changed the very important subject of Jesus.
Yeah....
I addressed this earlier with the HCSB translation that uses punctuation.
(English is the worst receptor language for Early Latin or Koine Greek or Hebrew or Aramaic)

There are a good many translation assistance programs available online or for purchase for the scriptures and one look at them dispels that this verse was even discussing the topic at hand. Or that God is anywhere near OK with Abortion.

So anyone that wants to advocate "killing babies for Jesus" needs to look elsewhere. Certainly not at scriptures.

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023

get this nonsense out of yourself. did a baby magically become alive upon exiting the womb? is a baby dead while growing for 9 months in the womb? learn when reading the Bible, most often you need to read before & after what you read in the 1st place to understand properly. study & learn 2nd Timothy 2:7 & 15. also, John 16:13 & John 14:28.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
How denying the humanity of unborn children has led to our current cultural madness
...Now, in the Mad Reality of 21st century America, we have a naval medical officer, wearing appropriate insignia, having the gravitas of the media and federal government playing along with the claim that he is a woman. And why? Simply because he dresses like one, says he is one, and may have had medical or hormonal interventions to try to “make” him one. How did this happen, and when did it happen?

I submit it occurred when we pretended that the unborn child was not fully human. If you can convince yourself of that, and consequently construct an entire gobbledy-gook of statutory, constitutional, and case law behind it, then a dog can be a cat, squares are round, and the earth is flat...

https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinio...s/?utm_source=most_recent&utm_campaign=canada

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013

NO! That is simply wrong, and certainly not Biblical.

Bible_Highlighter

Nov 28, 2023
I have yet to see a "fetus reveal" party. Enough said, even liberals know it's a baby. ;)
They try to justify the murder of the innocent by saying it is not a life. It is spiritual darkness that blinds them to not think rationally by making dumb statements that go against basic reality. Some mothers also try to justify the murder of their child in their womb, by saying it is their body. But it is a life growing in them given to them by the other partner and by God. Again, they are not thinking rationally because they have not submitted to God's way of thinking. They are still of this world. Granted, I think God can open the eyes spiritually of others who are not born again, but this is not always the case. The point here is that God desires us to treat all life as precious. We should strive to do good and love everyone.

Also, women who murder their child via by abortion many times are affected mentality in a bad way by it, as well.
It can change them for the worse, and not for the better. Granted, God can break the chains of sin, but why go down that road of darkness even further? It makes no sense.

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023