Spinach

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

blueorchidjd

1 Thessalonians 4:3
It is God's will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality;

MrHonest

Jan 22, 2012
self-a·buse (s
lf
-by
s
)n.1. Abuse of oneself or one's abilities.
2. Masturbation.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

2 Timothy 2:22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

1 Peter 2:11 Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul

Romans 13:14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

The first verse should be enough to understand that self abuse is mentioned in the Bible and it is common sense to recognize masturbation is a lust that will pacify your want for it after you do it just like beer, drugs, sex. God made sex for a husband and a wife and there are plenty of verses that mention that being sacred. So for those who think for themselves go ahead and continue to guide yourself but I have a God who I serve wholeheartedly in all His Word.

Last edited:

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
Aw...I thought this thread was going to be about spinach delicacies.
*exits* :eek:

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Aw...I thought this thread was going to be about spinach delicacies.
*exits* :eek:
TWO WORDS that should NEVER appear in the same sentence.......... SPINICH ----- DELICACIES.......just saying :)

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
TWO WORDS that should NEVER appear in the same sentence.......... SPINICH ----- DELICACIES.......just saying :)
Yeah, 'cause "spinich" ain't a word...;)

Ricotta spinach pie, anyone?

:)

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
not only is spinach not a word, it's not a food source........... :)

Here, your gonna need this.......

pepto.jpg

B

blueorchidjd

Spinach is good for theee soul!

T

Tintin

self-a·buse (s
lf
-by
s
)n.1. Abuse of oneself or one's abilities.
2. Masturbation.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

2 Timothy 2:22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

1 Peter 2:11 Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul

Romans 13:14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

The first verse should be enough to understand that self abuse is mentioned in the Bible and it is common sense to recognize masturbation is a lust that will pacify your want for it after you do it just like beer, drugs, sex. God made sex for a husband and a wife and there are plenty of verses that mention that being sacred. So for those who think for themselves go ahead and continue to guide yourself but I have a God who I serve wholeheartedly in all His Word.
I think masturbation is a sin but your first verse is taken out of context. I see you only highlighted in bold what suited you.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
[h=2]Full Definition of SPINACH[/h]1
: an Asian herb (Spinacia oleracea) of the goosefoot family cultivated for its edible leaves which form in a dense basal rosette; also : its leaves

a : something unwanted, pretentious, or spurious
b : an untidy overgrowth
spin·ach·like \-nich-ˌlīk\ adjective
spin·achy \-ni-chē\ adjective

FULL DISCLAIMER: I highlighted the parts of the definition that displayed my full dismissal of spinach being something that should be consumed!

Dec 21, 2012
a : something unwanted, pretentious, or spurious
b : an untidy overgrowth
spin·ach·like \-nich-ˌlīk\ adjective
spin·achy \-ni-chē\ adjective

FULL DISCLAIMER: I highlighted the parts of the definition that displayed my full dismissal of spinach being something that should be consumed!

Jonah 1:5 Then the mariners were afraid, and cried every man unto his god, and cast forth the wares that [were] in the ship into the sea, to lighten [it] of them.

spinach_aint_one.jpg

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
So, you are saying that spinach is kinda like Exlax?

If you eat it, it will "lighten" you?

K

KeeganGentle

Darn I was hoping this would be a spinach hate thread, Oh wait it became one.

Nuff said