Spirit of the law letter of the law

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 9, 2011
Yes none of us are perfect in Yah, but one that understands the Spirit of the Law will want to walk in it no matter if they are 100% perfect or 1% perfect. I dont want o do things that would grieve Him.
When you say that none of us are perfect you would have to be talking about that part of us that the children of Israel were perfecting(the flesh)

but in Hebrews the bible says that the spirit of just men was made perfect and that's the part of us that only JESUS could perfect so then if GOD has not done a work in you then you are trying to please GOD in the flesh(willpower)

Dec 9, 2011
so what ? no one said by willpower.

chose today, who will you serve - will you serve yahshua; or will you continue to serve any thing else ?

whoever you serve, who ever you obey, it is written, they are your god.
It sounds like you don't understand that only JESUS could fulfill the perfect standard that GOD would accept

So then only faith in the WORD of GOD gives you access to the Grace provided.
Anything else is your willpower which would be brought into captivity to the law of sin which is in your flesh.

Dec 26, 2014
so, you chose to remain in and of the flesh then ? instead of doing what JESUS says to do, who you admit is the only one who could save you if you let him ?

JESUS says clearly that anyone who claims to be his, but who doesn't obey , is a liar, and full of darkness, and no truth is in him.

JESUS is right. and it's right there in the bible in almost every known language ..... english, even.

Dec 9, 2011
so, you chose to remain in and of the flesh then ? instead of doing what JESUS says to do, who you admit is the only one who could save you if you let him ?

JESUS says clearly that anyone who claims to be his, but who doesn't obey , is a liar, and full of darkness, and no truth is in him.

JESUS is right. and it's right there in the bible in almost every known language ..... english, even.
After the rebirth then Paul said to renew your mind.

Dec 26, 2014
very good! (and unexpected, so far, from what you posted before)

now, after rebirth, after receiving the mind of christ, or after renewing your mind,

THEN do you chose to obey yahshua, or do you continue to obey hasatan/demons/flesh/sin ?

After the rebirth then Paul said to renew your mind.

Dec 9, 2011
very good! (and unexpected, so far, from what you posted before)

now, after rebirth, after receiving the mind of christ, or after renewing your mind,

THEN do you chose to obey yahshua, or do you continue to obey hasatan/demons/flesh/sin ?
Hello Jeff_56
Sorry that it took me so long to reply but I couldn't' get to a computer.
the bible says that everyone that has this hope in them seeks to purify themselves so I would say yes you would choose to obey.
sidenote: no one is perfect on earth in this flesh.We make mistakes.

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
Yes none of us are perfect in Yah, but one that understands the Spirit of the Law will want to walk in it no matter if they are 100% perfect or 1% perfect. I dont want o do things that would grieve Him.
When you say that none of us are perfect you would have to be talking about that part of us that the children of Israel were perfecting(the flesh)

but in Hebrews the bible says that the spirit of just men was made perfect and that's the part of us that only JESUS could perfect so then if GOD has not done a work in you then you are trying to please GOD in the flesh(willpower)
lol, you smoothly made obedience seem bad....

no none of us are yet perfect, we still sin and we are still subject to sin, seeking to walking the the Spirit and not fulfill the lust of the flesh is not a "work" or "self willpower"

Dec 9, 2011

no none of us are yet perfect, we still sin and we are still subject to sin, seeking to walking the the Spirit and not fulfill the lust of the flesh is not a "work" or "self willpower"
We are made up of three parts and one part of us is born of GOD

If you are reborn are you Perfect in the spirit?

Dec 9, 2011

If you believe that a person would be obedient after they have faith then I agree but if you believe a person would be obedient before they have faith then I would think that that kind of obedience would not be accepted.

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013

Can you provide Scripture based upon you view so I may properly answer?

as none are "reborn" until this;

1 Corinthians 15:50-54, "Now I say this brothers: that flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of Yahweh; neither does corruption inherit incorruption.Behold, I show you a secret truth: we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed--In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we will be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible will have put on incorruption, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then will be brought to pass the saying that is written: Death is swallowed up in victory."

What most people consider as "reborn" is the new man/woman;

Ezekiyl 36:26-28, "A new heart; mind, will I also give you, and a new spirit will I put within you; and I will take away the heart of stone out of your flesh, and will give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments, and do them. And you will dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and you will be My people, and I will be your Father."

Yeremyah 31:33, "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israyl: After those days, says Yahweh: I will put My Law (Torah) in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts, and I will be their Strength, and they will be My people."

Hebrews 10:16, "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says Yahweh: I will put My Law into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them."

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
If you believe that a person would be obedient after they have faith then I agree but if you believe a person would be obedient before they have faith then I would think that that kind of obedience would not be accepted.
How could a person be obedient to the Father in any way, if they did not know/believed He existed?

faith and obedience is in reality ONE WORD and ONE THING; "shamah".

Dec 9, 2011

Can you provide Scripture based upon you view so I may properly answer?

1st Thessalonians 5:23

king James version(kJv)

23.)And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 12:23

king James version(kjv)

23.)To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,